Sorry Sedes

Started by LaramieHirsch, September 20, 2023, 03:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaramieHirsch

I've been very harsh to sedes in past years here.  I owe it to them to share the following.  I've been a "Bennyvacantist" for a few years, now.  So that's where I'm at personally.  But recently my stance against sedes has softened.  Here are some things I've recently said:

Fr. Altman is fine.
Fr. Altman is fine.  It's not easy to be ahead of the curve.
Fr. Altman did Catholics a service by flushing out compromised bishops.
¡bReAking Nooze!: Bishop from nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr diocese defends authority of nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr False Prophet propped up by emerging nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr global government, thus further actualizing Biblical prophecies we've already known about since Sunday school!  Film at 11.
Either Catholic Church law has no meaning and can be ignored, depending on whichever regime controls the Vatican, or sedes of both stripes—both pre-V2 and Bennyvacantists—have valid, reasonable concerns.

And if you want to hear it, I did a podcast interview with one Sede colleague who calls himself The Kurgan:

https://youtu.be/AiibJWZ2CRY?si=7a9Ots_75dTgILMD

In any event, this is certainly owed to folks in this space. 
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

LausTibiChriste

Well well well

Look who the cat dragged in  :cheeseheadbeer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Michael Wilson

Laramie,
as far as I remember your posts were always scholarly and polite. I am also very happy that you have come around to a more sede position; if not ready (yet) to embrace the whole kit and caboodle.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Greg

I have always liked Sedevacantists.  Never been one myself, but I always saw the appeal and felt their arguments had merit.

And besides, who am I to judge?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

QuoteLaramie,
as far as I remember your posts were always scholarly and polite.

I second that.  I don't recall you flying-off-the-handle.

I'm also now a neo-sede, holding that Bergoglio is not the Pope.  I coined the terms neo-sede and paleo-sede for convenience.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Bonaventure

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on September 20, 2023, 03:23:41 PM¡bReAking Nooze!: Bishop from nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr diocese defends authority of nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr False Prophet propped up by emerging nєω ωσrℓ∂ σr∂єr global government, thus further actualizing Biblical prophecies we've already known about since Sunday school!  Film at 11. 

Why the need for the Cathinfo-like script?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Baylee

This was a nice gesture.  We don't hear this much.

awkward customer

Yes, it is nice.

It certainly makes a change from being called a schismatic, heretic, not Catholic, out of the Church and bound for hell, as happened over and over again on this forum for months while the Mods did nothing.

Thanks ...

Santantonio

I knew I wasn't the only plenedubito here.

He who doubts the seat is fully occupied.

clau clau

@LaramieHirsch Thanks for the link, much appreciated. I am watching it now.

I've heard about the Kurgan alot on voxday blog. I've never seen him though.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

dueSicilie

Quote from: awkward customer on September 21, 2023, 01:44:07 PMYes, it is nice.

It certainly makes a change from being called a schismatic, heretic, not Catholic, out of the Church and bound for hell, as happened over and over again on this forum for months while the Mods did nothing.

Thanks ...

While I am not a sedevacantist, when I was on Facebook there was a ton of this on the ,,catholic" pages and it drove me up the wall.

Bonaventure

Being non sede is acceptable. Anti, is not.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Greg

What was the point of Bennyvacantism?

Ratzinger might as well have been in a coma or dead during his retirement.  He said and did absolutely nothing to oppose Bergoglio.

A more useless twat of a Pope it is hard to imagine.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on November 28, 2023, 01:35:02 AMWhat was the point of Bennyvacantism?

Ratzinger might as well have been in a coma or dead during his retirement.  He said and did absolutely nothing to oppose Bergoglio.

Ratzinger was worse than JPII - I've said it before. JPII was obvious, Ratzinger hid under a cloak of traditionalism that attracted Trads.

I was generally a Bennyvacantist, in that I'm not a sede but I also do not believe Frank to be Pope, so Bene was it...but what was the point? Hardcore bennyvacantists couldn't see past their own nose - where do you stand when he dies? Now he's dead and they're ignoring the issue of "who's Pope now?"

Logically, you're a sede now. But very very very few BVers will admit that.

If you are a BVer, you should have no logical issue going to a sede Mass now that he's dead.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

Quote from: Greg on November 28, 2023, 01:35:02 AMWhat was the point of Bennyvacantism?

It was a cope for anti Francis people to be able to wash their hands of the bastard, whilst saying "look, we aren't sedes. Yuck. Ick, not them."