experiencing someones soul leave the body at death

Started by Traditionallyruralmom, September 27, 2020, 06:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

I am looking to read stories about others experiences with feeling a loved ones soul leave their body at death. Has anyone read stories on this topic?  Particularly from a Catholic perspective? 
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Greg

Yes, but I don't believe most of them.  Emotional people dealing with the deaths of loved ones are going to imagine all sorts of woo.

Look how stupid people are with the Coronavirus.  Do you trust their testimonies about ghosts, spirits, jin, nymphs?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

The Theosist

Quote from: Greg on September 28, 2020, 12:18:22 AM
Yes, but I don't believe most of them.  Emotional people dealing with the deaths of loved ones are going to imagine all sorts of woo.

Look how stupid people are with the Coronavirus.  Do you trust their testimonies about ghosts, spirits, jin, nymphs?

No more or less than of anything else. But you clearly have metaphysical presuppositions and prejudices which lead you to talk of such things as "woo".

Greg

In my experience the sort of people who have these experiences are emotionally immature.

They also believe their pets can have rational thoughts, that all the events they enjoy in life are God's providence and all the bad actions they do are the devil on their shoulder.

Occasionally these interactions between the spiritual and physical world might happen but it is rare.  So rare in fact that despite there being over 2 billion cameras in smartphones and another billion cameras in houses and businesses, no footage exists of anything that is convincing.

There is also a bias at play.  There is an incentive for people to believe in "woo", donations, sales of books and religious objects, followers and influence.  There is no financial incentive to disprove them.

Why do all these "woo" events occur in countries with overly-emotional people like Italy, Spain, Portugal etc and not Iceland where the cold blooded vikings are far more rational?

All of the sceptics in the world are not going to buy enough books debunking fake miracles and ghost stories to earn the author and publisher a decent living, so books establishing the fakery of such things are never published.

At a secular gathering, or even a gathering of sober rational Traditionalist Catholics nobody is interested in discussing why a 10 year old girl, or a wacky old religious nutter, did not see Our Lady or get 5 "secrets" from Heaven.  Thus there is an inherent property for them to GROW among those inclined to believe them (the are interesting woo!!) and not be questioned, probed or cared about by those uninclined (they are stupid and dull)

Take Garabandal as an example.  There is nobody alive who knows more about it than me.  I've read all of the books and been there several times.  I know Traditionalists who are married to the brothers and sisters of the visionaries.  When I question why Joey is dead, they don't give an answer.  I am just called "unfaithful".  Now, do a Google search on Joey Lomangino blind and look at the results and read the comments sections since 2014 when he died.  Many if not most of the comments on the ENTIRE internet are by me.  I am one of the only people in the world who bothers to argue that this proves Garabandal false.  Other people might believe it to be false, but they have no incentive to post.  There are far more people who want to believe in Garabandal who have an incentive to say, "well we don't really understand prophecies until after they happen" and other such self-justifying horseshit.

So, like weeds, these false visions grow, because the conditions are favourable for weeds and nobody is weeding.  The plants you want to grow are crowded out.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote"I am looking to read stories about others experiences with feeling a loved ones soul"

In short, I already believe it and want to find more examples of "woo" to reinforce my belief.

Nobody ever posts
"I am looking to read evidence of why the world is not flat" or "I want to find a book on all the people at Fatima who thought it was a lot of nonsense at the time"

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Greg on September 28, 2020, 04:46:23 AMWhy do all these "woo" events occur in countries with overly-emotional people like Italy, Spain, Portugal etc and not Iceland where the cold blooded vikings are far more rational?

Probably because Southern Europe still has the influence of Catholic culture which, among other things, makes belief in the supernatural something instinctive, whereas Iceland is sadly a nihilistic wasteland.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Greg

Then I would expect woo in Iceland.  God needs to convince them and make them more spiritual.  Not a bunch of contracepted up Portuguese and Italians, who go to church at Christmas and Easter.

The woo is in the wrong place.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Greg on September 28, 2020, 01:55:28 PM
Then I would expect woo in Iceland.  God needs to convince them and make them more spiritual.

Except you don't dictate terms to God.

He can perfectly abandon people to their sins and unrighteousness. They eventually become impervious to grace. If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead. (Luke 16:31)
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

mikemac

There is woo in Iceland, but it's on the dark side.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Greg

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 28, 2020, 02:10:40 PM
Then I would expect woo in Iceland.  God needs to convince them and make them more spiritual.

He can perfectly abandon people to their sins and unrighteousness. They eventually become impervious to grace. If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead. (Luke 16:31)

So God abandons Iceland, but not apostate Portugal which has homo marriage, the lowest birthrate in Europe and legal abortion?

You are begging the question.  There is no compelling evidence this woo is true and plenty of evidence it is made up by seers.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Greg on September 28, 2020, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 28, 2020, 02:10:40 PM

So God abandons Iceland, but not apostate Portugal which has homo marriage, the lowest birthrate in Europe and legal abortion?

You are begging the question.  There is no compelling evidence this woo is true and plenty of evidence it is made up by seers.

In Portugal the Church still exists, in Iceland it doesn't.

While I often appreciate your skeptical approach, I tend to think you wouldn't believe in such evidence either, even if you saw the soul of the dead person leaving the body in front of you. Some prejudices are difficult to shake off, even with miracles. The same happened in antiquity with people calling Christ a charlatan.

Greg

The "church" still exists but they have less children than Iceland. 

A chimera of the church exists.  People who think they are Catholic but don't deliver. I thought the corruption of the best was the worst?

You appear to think unconverted pagans are worse than apostates. 

queen.saints

The Icelanders still have a serious belief in fairies and elves.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/280783/

Perhaps it is only the English who have lost all sense of the preternatural.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: queen.saints on September 29, 2020, 01:15:54 AM
The Icelanders still have a serious belief in fairies and elves.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/280783/

Perhaps it is only the English who have lost all sense of the preternatural.

That's right.  Elves are a protected species in Iceland.

In Iceland they divert roads to avoid sites that are sacred to elves, or they used to. 
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Greg

I believe in the preternatural.  I just think 98% of the people who think they experienced it are wrong, nuts, frauds.