Canadian wildfire smoke

Started by drummerboy, June 26, 2023, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

So how many folks here are getting the smoke from the wildfires in Canada.  It's been coming down over a month here in Central WI, I think it's bothering my cat because I have to give her Claritin.  Now yesterday a strong north front blew in and everything smells of smoke.  We got the pro golf Senior Open in the area too, so folks will be coming to WI from the world over to smell smoke lol
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Deirdre

It hasn't made it down here yet, thanks goodness. Though we are getting the heat wave that has plagued the rest of the country.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

We had the heat wave, if you call hitting 90 a heat wave, and very little rain.  Now I'm back to wearing flannel.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LuxVera

I haven't noticed the "smoggy fog" before until it was noticeable today. I noticed this morning when I drove to work that is sort of reminded me of a slightly foggy but cloudy day. It wasn't until I found out at work about the Canadian wildfires affecting the atmosphere here.

When I came outside to my car on my morning break-and when I left work-the "foggy" atmosphere was still here. The sun wasn't really visible-looked like it was out-of-focus like trying to see without my eyeglasses on. There was sort of an off-grey, possibly yellowish colored tint in the sky.

I don't really know if it's changed or affected my usual allergies all that much (doesn't matter what brand of allergy med I take, I still cough a lot throughout the day). It really is an ugly sight to be sure. Makes
Me glad I don't live in smoggy, man made, incredibly air-polluted shithole cities like in the third world or even in Cali.
"Keep innocency, and take heed unto the thing that is right: for that shall bring a man peace at the last."  -Psalm 37:38, Coverdale Psalter