Exciting Firsts...

Started by OCLittleFlower, January 17, 2018, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCLittleFlower

In honor of this, the first post in the History subforum, perhaps we could discuss other "firsts" in history.

First man on the moon, first to the top of Everest, first bride-show in Moscovy...whatever.

What's your favorite?
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

red solo cup

Edward Whymper. First man to climb the Matterhorn.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

GloriaPatri

I was not there, of course, but I always love hearing my parents and grandparents talk about watching the Moon landing. They can remember exactly where they were when it occurred.

Non Nobis

Quote from: GloriaPatri on January 17, 2018, 06:15:24 PM
I was not there, of course, but I always love hearing my parents and grandparents talk about watching the Moon landing. They can remember exactly where they were when it occurred.

Oh, "of course", youngster!  Or by "there" do you mean on the moon?  ;) ;D

I can remember my dad predicting it would never happen.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

maryslittlegarden

Now I feel old.  I can remember watching the moon landing.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 18, 2018, 06:48:36 AM

"Moon" landing.

I chuckled.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on January 19, 2018, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 18, 2018, 06:48:36 AM

"Moon" landing.

I chuckled.

I was wondering how long it would take...
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.