Fr Malachi Martin, Russia and the East, Papal Resignation

Started by Kaesekopf, April 30, 2014, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I bought this book for fifty cents - The Eternal War, interviews with Malachi Martin by Bernard Janzen.  The interviews were recorded in 1991, and they were published in this book in 2004. 

I found two snippets that were interesting.  The first is about Russia and salvation coming from the East.  The second is about papal resignations and a liberal pope.  I'm beginning to think Fr Martin was right, just slightly off in his timetables. 

From page 15 in the aforementioned book:
"Salvation is going to come from the East.  ...  It is going to come because God has chosen Russia as the place to make the first great change and this will teach the world.  God's plan will work, not because this land is Russia, but because He chose to convert Russia at the last moment before the final crackup which will swallow us all up." 

From page 71:
"As he approaches his seventy-fifth year, the pressure on John Paul II will be very intense.  Bishops generally retire at the age of 75.  As Bishop of Rome, John Paul II is a bishop.  The pressure on him now is to resign.  'He is tired.  It is a new world.  Holy Father, you have done great work, but now, yield the reins to a younger man.'  That is their view.  They hope to persuade John Paul II to resign because if you look at those who would elect the Pope in the next conclave, most of them would vote for a liberal who would not want to be Pope, but would consent to be the chairman of the board."

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

From page 33:
"On top of all that, it would be foolish for anyone to suggest that Mr Gorbachev is seeking the kingdom of God.  The policy of Mr Gorbachev is still Leninist.  ...  Our Lady made it quite clear that Russia would spread its errors throughout the world.  And Russia would ruin the world except for the fact that Our Lady will convert it by a miracle."

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Greg

Hmmm, as prophetic statements go that is a heck of a call.

Back then Russia was a hedonistic, post communist, wild east hell hole, where women were prostituting themselves to buy pasta and potatoes and grasping people were operating without laws to grab and steal anything they could.  I should know as I spent much of 1993 there and 1991 was even crazier.  The entire country was broken, it was a failed state and a laughing stock.

I wonder if that is the same statement, or whether MM said "salvation comes from the east" twice to Bernard Janzen?  Once in 1991 and once in 1997 which is when that recorded interview is said to have taken place.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 30, 2014, 10:48:16 PM
From page 33:
"On top of all that, it would be foolish for anyone to suggest that Mr Gorbachev is seeking the kingdom of God.  The policy of Mr Gorbachev is still Leninist.  ...  Our Lady made it quite clear that Russia would spread its errors throughout the world.  And Russia would ruin the world except for the fact that Our Lady will convert it by a miracle."

Interestingly Putin hates Gorbachev with a passion and Gorby is and was a NWO lackey if ever there was one.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

"Chairman of the Board"? 

So Frank Sinatra is Pope now?  I always knew ol' blue eye's was callin' the shots ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

Sinatra was as least a traditional Satanist.

He liked Old Black Magic.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Greg on April 30, 2014, 10:52:17 PM
Hmmm, as prophetic statements go that is a heck of a call.

Back then Russia was a hedonistic, post communist, wild east hell hole, where women were prostituting themselves to buy pasta and potatoes and grasping people were operating without laws to grab and steal anything they could.  I should know as I spent much of 1993 there and 1991 was even crazier.  The entire country was broken, it was a failed state and a laughing stock.

I wonder if that is the same statement, or whether MM said "salvation comes from the east" twice to Bernard Janzen?  Once in 1991 and once in 1997 which is when that recorded interview is said to have taken place.

He uses the "Salvation will come from the east" twice with Janzen.  According to the book, this is an interview from 1991. The interview in the YouTube video you posted is NOT the same interview as the one that was transcribed for the book I am in possession of.  So, he used the same phrase at least twice with Janzen years apart.

An Internet commentator (the most reliable of all sources) also posted this elsewhere:
QuoteThe Kiev part is very interesting. There's also a quote from Fr. Martin from a long interview on April 18, 1996. I can't find a recording for it and I don't know who the interviewer is but anyway here's a quote:

What's Russia's role in the Vision of Fatima?

Malachi Martin:

Russia's role in the Vision of Fatima is very important because if we're to believe the Vision of Fatima, salvation for the world, the cure for the world ills, will start in the Ukraine and in Russia, and that was why the Virgin in the Fatima vision of 1917 was supposed to have spoken actively about Russia and that Russia first of all has to be cured of her errors and then she will help the entire world to get better and to cure itself of its sins. It's a very bizarre message in that sense because one would have said that salvation was going to come from the West as we always think because we are Westerners, but no, according to the message of Fatima, salvation will come from the East, and particularly, from Ukraine and from the State of Russia itself, which is extraordinary.

http://catholictruthblog.com/2014/03/23/the-prophecies-of-sister-elena-aliello/

FockeWulf

Well the Russians were traditionally a very pious people, evinced in their language which is replete with examples:

Sunday: ??????????? literally "resurrection."

In order to show possession, Russian, cognizant of the transient nature of life literally translates ownership as: "by me there is ______."  ? ???? ???? _____.

And even their awareness of the gift of life is inherent in the language. Instead of declaring themselves "to be" a certain age (how arrogant when you consider, as if we could say "we are" as God who necessarily is, that our existence is not solely contingent upon his grace), Russians say, "to me has been given ____ years." ??? ____ ???.

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 30, 2014, 10:35:42 PM
From page 71:
"As he approaches his seventy-fifth year, the pressure on John Paul II will be very intense.  Bishops generally retire at the age of 75.  As Bishop of Rome, John Paul II is a bishop.  The pressure on him now is to resign.  'He is tired.  It is a new world.  Holy Father, you have done great work, but now, yield the reins to a younger man.'  That is their view.  They hope to persuade John Paul II to resign because if you look at those who would elect the Pope in the next conclave, most of them would vote for a liberal who would not want to be Pope, but would consent to be the chairman of the board."

When did MM read the third secret? Maybe there was something in it leading him to think that a Pope would retire.  If so I wonder if Benedict retiring had anything to do with fulfilling the prophecy. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Greg

JP2 was the obvious candidate for retirement because he was a geriatric, dribbling mess for the last decade of his pontificate.  Ratzinger was far more functional and certainly didn't need to retire from a physical perspective as far as we can see.

Easy to see how MM seeing jP2's decline could associate him with retirement.

It must directly suggest or imply retirement of a Pope.  They are so rare otherwise it would be a freakish thing to speculate about.

FockeWulf

Quote from: Greg on May 01, 2014, 12:05:38 AM
It must directly suggest or imply retirement of a Pope.  They are so rare otherwise it would be a freakish thing to speculate about.

I seem to recall their being much talk in the media around the time of JP2's death regarding his insistence not to retire and what that meant regarding the message of suffering, and this was in spite of those around him counseling to do so due to his poor health, so if memory serves correct there was at least some modernist talk of papal retirements going on well before Benedict's abdication.

Greg

Archer

Quote from: Greg on May 01, 2014, 12:05:38 AM
JP2 was the obvious candidate for retirement because he was a geriatric, dribbling mess for the last decade of his pontificate.  Ratzinger was far more functional and certainly didn't need to retire from a physical perspective as far as we can see.

Easy to see how MM seeing jP2's decline could associate him with retirement.

If I recall correctly JPII did have multiple operations in the early 90's leading up to Parkinson symptoms in the late 90's.  If the 3rd secret does mention a Pope abdicating it makes sense that MM would speculate it would be JPII. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

Substitute Mr. Putin for Mr. Gorby and who knows.

I am unsure what to take of MM. Like me, he was vehemently anti sede, then became one, even be consecrated by a vagus sede bishop (Lopez Gaston).

I still think God can allow His Church to be wrecked even more.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Greg

That switcheroo must mean that the third secret is not clear on what the "apostasy which begins at the top" consists of, or it would be a slam dunk to know what to do.