Author Topic: Father Corapi sells his belonings and returns to SOLT.  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Older Salt

• Ora Pro Nobis Sancta dei Genitrix.
  • Feldwebel
  • Pray for the Dead.
  • Religion: Catholic
Father Corapi sells his belonings and returns to SOLT.
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
I have no references for this, but I just got off the phone to my mother, who in turn called my brother who is the FFI in Maine NY.

My brother, Andrew, was told by his superior that Father John Corapi has returned to his order.

I will post when more references become available.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin.

Offline Larry

• Feldwebel
Re: Father Corapi sells his belonings and returns to SOLT.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
I'm very glad to hear this(assuming it's true).
"For Catholics, nothing will remove the authority of the Second Council of Nicaea, where it condemns those who dare, after the impious fashion of heretics to deride ecclesiastical traditions, to invent novelties of some kind or to endeavor by malice or craft to overthrow any one of the legitimate traditions of the Catholic Church. " --Pope St. Pius X (1903-1914), Encyclical Letter Pascendi Dominici Gregis, September 8, 1907

"We are convinced that in being faithful to all the Popes of yesterday, to all the Councils of yesterday, we are faithful to the Pope of today, to the Council of today and to the Council of tomorrow and the Pope of tomorrow. Again: Jesus Christus heri, hodie et in saecula.- And if today, by a mystery of Providence, a mystery which for us is unfathomable, incomprehensible, we are in apparent disobedience, in reality we are not disobedient but obedient."-Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre

+Marcel Lefebvre and +Antonio De Castro Mayer, pray for us!

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Offline nmoerbeek

• Wachtmeister
    • Alleluia Audio Books
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
How is your brother doing?
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/

O My God, I believe, I adore, I trust and I love thee.  I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust and do not love thee.

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
  • .. and his raiment became white and glittering
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:09 AM »
I have no references for this, but I just got off the phone to my mother, who in turn called my brother who is the FFI in Maine NY.

My brother, Andrew, was told by his superior that Father John Corapi has returned to his order.

Hmmm...that will be interesting to see if anything actually surfaces. 

It could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Offline Older Salt

• Feldwebel
  • Pray for the Dead.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:22 AM »
How is your brother doing?
Apparently, according to my mother, he is doing fine and is offering it al up to Mary.

Offline Older Salt

• Feldwebel
  • Pray for the Dead.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »

To leave the world behind and fulfill ones vow seems like a good thing.

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »

To leave the world behind and fulfill ones vow seems like a good thing.

Yes. If the regular mode of religious life were the order of the day.  SOLT as you remember had to settle a case for 2 million dollars in which one of their priests who is a homosexual hired a hit man to murder his sexual abuse victim.

That hardly constitutes the regular mode of religious life. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:09:34 PM by Gerard »

Offline dust

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »
I hope this is true.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Offline Greg

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Kung Fu
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 03:43:51 AM »
If he does come back they should ban him from any kind of publicity or media appearance.  Seems to have an addict's personality and the gift of the gab.  A dangerous combination for a monk.  Put him on a farm for the next 20 years.
Eating a Pringle Sandwich

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Be still and know that I am God
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
Odd he hasn't gone to the press with this.  Maybe he has turned over a humility leaf.
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Online Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • formerly catquilt
  • Religion: traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 01:11:48 PM »
Odd he hasn't gone to the press with this.  Maybe he has turned over a humility leaf.

That's the point, I'm hoping, if this is true. Maybe he's going to do a Pope Benedict thing and just quietly submit to his order. It was be wonderful to have him back in the fold. But it would be awful to have him traveling around, speaking again. Those days are gone.
+JMJ+
Lynne

“God gives some Popes, God tolerates some Popes and God inflicts some Popes.” - St. Vincent of Lerin

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »

First it's a rumor.  Wait and see.  Second, you act as if he was the guilty party even though he's denied it continually and the accusers were busy trying to get him to pay for the settlement of the sodomite who hired the hit man.

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »

That's the point, I'm hoping, if this is true. Maybe he's going to do a Pope Benedict thing and just quietly submit to his order. It was be wonderful to have him back in the fold. But it would be awful to have him traveling around, speaking again. Those days are gone.

Back in the fold?  What are you talking about?  He wasn't excommunicated, he was canonically released from ministry by his own request.  God knows we don't need good preachers condemning homosexual behavior in front of large crowds of people actually listening. 

I would rather he be gone and silent than be a puppet of corrupt religious orders.  My preference would be for a tell all book and a series of interviews.

Online Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • formerly catquilt
  • Religion: traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »

Back in the fold?  What are you talking about?  He wasn't excommunicated, he was canonically released from ministry by his own request.   God knows we don't need good preachers condemning homosexual behavior in front of large crowds of people actually listening. 

I would rather he be gone and silent than be a puppet of corrupt religious orders.  My preference would be for a tell all book and a series of interviews.

That's what I meant, *he* left. It would be wonderful if he came back.
+JMJ+
Lynne

“God gives some Popes, God tolerates some Popes and God inflicts some Popes.” - St. Vincent of Lerin

Online LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Garrigouian
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
Gerard, I admire your zeal to defend Fr. Corapi until he's proven guilty, but the thing that upset me most about the way he handled things was that he stopped referring to himself as a priest and even mentioned leaving the priesthood.  I understand that his faculties were stripped, but Fr. knows well enough that he is still a priest and that scandal can be caused by insinuating that he's not.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.