Author Topic: AOC meet ACB!!!  (Read 367 times)

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
AOC meet ACB!!!
« on: November 26, 2020, 11:04:25 AM »
Supreme Court Sides with Religious Groups Against Andrew Cuomo, 5-4

Couldn't find the "Worry-Wart" thread about Amy Coney Barrett not being Catholic, or moral, enough to be installed on the Supreme Court!

She's a Champion in every sense of the word.

The U.S. Supreme Court granted an injunction Wednesday evening against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s restrictions on religious services in a 5-4 decision that saw Justice Amy Coney Barrett with the conservative majority — and Chief Justice John Roberts siding with the liberal minority.

The Court was responding to a request for an emergency injunction by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn and the Agudath Israel of America, an Orthodox Jewish group, against restrictions limiting services to ten people in some areas and 25 people in others.

In early October, Cuomo openly threatened to “close the synagogues” if they did not comply with his orders.

The decision read, in part:

Thanksgiving is turning out pretty well during this pandemic. 

Hey Justice Roberts, meet the new boss as you are now completely irrelevant. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Lynne, Michael Wilson, Miriam_M

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: AOC meet ACB!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »
Thank you President Trump.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Innocent Smith, Lynne, Michael Wilson, Miriam_M, Elizabeth.2

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »
Indeed.

And thank you to Catholics, Protestant and Jewish people of the United States of America that believe in the Logos.

One God.  For all of us.

Three Persons for the vast majority of us.

What more do we need?

I believe we have peace with the Protestants and the Jews. 

No matter what may happen in the election.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

The following users thanked this post: Elizabeth.2

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Reformed
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
Indeed.

And thank you to Catholics, Protestant and Jewish people of the United States of America that believe in the Logos.

One God.  For all of us.

What more do we need?

True peace comes through truth, not political expediency.

Confessional Protestants and knowledgeable Catholics know there is no true peace when the very essence of the Gospel is in dispute, much less with those who deny the only true God who is One in essence and Three in Person.

Political allies are not necessarily at peace with one another.
"I once laboured hard for the free will of man until the grace of God at length overcame me."- St. Augustine

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 07:01:34 AM »
Indeed.

One God.  For all of us.

What more do we need?

True peace comes through truth, not political expediency.

Confessional Protestants and knowledgeable Catholics know there is no true peace when the very essence of the Gospel is in dispute, much less with those who deny the only true God who is One in essence and Three in Person.

Political allies are not necessarily at peace with one another.

Oh you were thinking and talking about 'true' peace, while I was just thinking about peace.

I mean this is step one.  Being able to attend our spaces.  But this is important first step since all are involved in the simple request of 'freedom to practice his or her faith' in a setting other than his home. 

I look at those of the Jewish faith and Protestants as mere versions of Cafeteria Catholics.  What are you going to do?

True peace is to be found in heaven.  Not on earth. 

Edited to add:  A storm is approaching.  This was a good move to make before we batten down the hatches should we need to do so.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 07:03:11 AM by Innocent Smith »

The following users thanked this post: Miriam_M