Author Topic: France's Macron Issues 'Republican Values' Ultimatum to Muslim Leaders  (Read 523 times)

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
I'm curious to see how this latest tour de force by the dying République will play out.

France's Macron Issues 'Republican Values' Ultimatum to Muslim Leaders

In BBC News.

French President Emmanuel Macron has asked Muslim leaders to accept a "charter of republican values" as part of a broad clampdown on radical Islam.

On Wednesday he gave the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM) a 15-day ultimatum to accept the charter. The CFCM has agreed to create a National Council of Imams, which will reportedly issue imams with official accreditation which could be withdrawn. It follows three suspected Islamist attacks in little more than a month. The charter will state that Islam is a religion and not a political movement, while also prohibiting "foreign interference" in Muslim groups. Mr Macron has strongly defended French secularism in the wake of the attacks, which included the beheading of a teacher who showed cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad during a class discussion last month.

Late on Wednesday, the president and his interior minister, Gérald Darmanin, met eight CFCM leaders at the Élysée palace. "Two principles will be inscribed in black and white [in the charter]: the rejection of political Islam and any foreign interference," one source told the Le Parisien newspaper after the meeting. The formation of the National Council of Imams was also agreed upon. President Macron has also announced new measures to tackle what he called "Islamist separatism" in France. The measures include a wide-ranging bill that seeks to prevent radicalisation. It was unveiled on Wednesday, and includes measures such as:

• Restrictions on home-schooling and harsher punishments for those who intimidate public officials on religious grounds;
  • Giving children an identification number under the law that would be used to ensure they are attending school. Parents who break the law could face up to six months in jail as well as large fines;
  • A ban on sharing the personal information of a person in a way that allows them to be located by people who want to harm them

"We must save our children from the clutches of the Islamists," Mr Darmanin told the Le Figaro newspaper on Wednesday. The draft law will be discussed by the French cabinet on 9 December. Samuel Paty, the teacher who was killed outside his school last month, was targeted by an online hate campaign before his death on 16 October. Le Monde newspaper has published emails sent between Paty and colleagues in the days after he showed the cartoons in class. "It's really distressing and particularly as it comes from a family whose child wasn't in my lesson and isn't someone I know," Paty wrote. "It's becoming a malicious rumour." He later wrote in a separate email: "I won't do any more teaching on this topic - I'll choose another freedom as a subject for teaching."

Earlier this year, President Macron described Islam as a religion "in crisis" and defended the right of magazines to publish cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad. Such depictions are widely regarded as taboo in Islam and are considered highly offensive by many Muslims. Following these comments, the French leader became a figure of hate in several Muslim-majority countries. Protesters have also called for a boycott of French products. In France, state secularism (laïcité) is central to the country's national identity. Freedom of expression in schools and other public spaces is part of that, and curbing it to protect the feelings of a particular religion is seen as undermining national unity. France has western Europe's largest Muslim population.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: France's Macron Issues 'Republican Values' Ultimatum to Muslim Leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »
Well Jupiter is a pompous sort, not taking disrespect well, so Macron mightn't back down. He's not quite the cuck found in Ireland or the UK.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Graham

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »
I understand some are predominantly concerned with how this will affect the precious Muslims, but my understanding is that some of these restrictions will also impact traditional Catholics.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:48:16 PM by Graham »

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Christe Eleison

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 11:48:48 PM »
Yet they still permit Muslim immigration. I know an FBI agent and he admitted to me that it would be easier and cheaper to keep Muslim immigrants out instead of trying to prevent Islamic terrorism inside the US.

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 01:59:15 AM »
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 07:37:16 AM »
I understand some are predominantly concerned with how this will affect the precious Muslims, but my understanding is that some of these restrictions will also impact traditional Catholics.

Of course it will.  That was my point entirely in an earlier thread.  Muslims are there to reign in traditionalists of all sorts of varieties.  Homosexuals and lesbians and transgender people, and more importantly case law designed to issue privilege to these groups, serves to move those in the middle to adopt radical ideas at least in terms of sexual "rights". 

But the former is more important.  What government is saying in these instances is something like this, "if Allah were true, it would be reasonable for you to wear a veil!". 

Since it is not, it is reasonable that the state does not allow the wearing of any clothing that may be a requirement of a person practicing a religion. 

However, it is also entirely reasonable that a 7 year old boy should be able to present himself at school as a girl.  And use the girl's lavatory. 

Muslims are in Europe now because Catholics and Protestants couldn't be bothered to have children. 

No sympathies here.  Europe made their bed.

Praise Allah that eventually the former Catholic and Protestant women of Europe will be thrown in hijabs and forced into motherhood.  That's one way to end abortion.  And they won't have a problem with it at all.  Women have no trouble attaching themselves to the current alpha. 

They've been carted away to foreign shores since the beginning.  They have yet to present a problem to a conquering people. 

They adapt.  They're smarter than us men after all. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 07:40:38 AM by Innocent Smith »
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
In the arm wrestle between French Jacobinism and Islam, my bet is on Islam.

In the long run, only one of them truly captures the heart and soul of people.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup, Michael Wilson, Fleur-de-Lys, GiftOfGod

Offline King Wenceslas

• What we do in life echoes in eternity.
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
The French/Muslim soap opera will be very entertaining over the next 30 years.

Ban all knives!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:33:19 PM by King Wenceslas »

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:08 PM »
When France conquered Algiers and it became a French Colony, the Algerians on the whole were lax & non-practicing Muslims, ripe for conversion. The French government strictly forbade any proselytism by the Catholic clergy; prohibited the natives from converting to the Catholic faith; even posted guards in front of the Catholic Churches with orders to prevent any natives from attending Catholic services. They also brought over Muftis from Egypt to indoctrinate and radicalize the population into Islamism.
The result was that the natives were never converted and thus never were able to be absorbed into the French population, and inevitably saw the French as a foreign hostile occupying force that they desired to expel. When Algiers gained its independence, the natives that had supported the French were forced to flee for their lives and a million Moslems were allowed to enter France, there to become a permanent Un-assimilable  group inside of the country.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
When France conquered Algiers and it became a French Colony, the Algerians on the whole were lax & non-practicing Muslims, ripe for conversion. The French government strictly forbade any proselytism by the Catholic clergy; prohibited the natives from converting to the Catholic faith; even posted guards in front of the Catholic Churches with orders to prevent any natives from attending Catholic services. They also brought over Muftis from Egypt to indoctrinate and radicalize the population into Islamism.
The result was that the natives were never converted and thus never were able to be absorbed into the French population, and inevitably saw the French as a foreign hostile occupying force that they desired to expel. When Algiers gained its independence, the natives that had supported the French were forced to flee for their lives and a million Moslems were allowed to enter France, there to become a permanent Un-assimilable  group inside of the country.

Very interesting. Where can I read more on this?

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 08:45:40 PM »

I dont think there is a picture book on the topoc.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »

I dont think there is a picture book on the topoc.

You might want to use proper spelling and punctuation if you're attempting to insult someone's intelligence.

The following users thanked this post: dymphnaw, paul14

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »
I read it in a magazine put out by the traditionalist Dominicans of Avrille, France. Its in French. Their address is here:
http://www.dominicansavrille.us/ You can ask them for a copy of the article.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: GiftOfGod