Author Topic: Protestants dreams and visions  (Read 378 times)

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
Protestants dreams and visions
« on: November 10, 2020, 06:07:06 AM »
Many many protestants, including honest ones I know who wouldn't lie are all having end times dreams. Many are uploading them on youtube.

They are having visions of tsunamis and fire falling from the sky! they are also having rapture dreams

I'm confused as not many catholics I know are having these?

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Protestants dreams and visions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 06:16:38 AM »
I don't really care what protestants do.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup, Miriam_M, dymphnaw, TradGranny, Fleur-de-Lys, Christe Eleison

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 12:02:35 PM »

:lol:

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 12:17:28 PM »
goodcounsel.us

ugh oh. Is Padre leaving Oklahoma?  Where does that leave the SSPP TLM community?  Not a good omen.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Many many protestants, including honest ones I know who wouldn't lie are all having end times dreams. Many are uploading them on youtube.

They are having visions of tsunamis and fire falling from the sky! they are also having rapture dreams

I'm confused as not many catholics I know are having these?

Regarding "the rapture" (and other myths), we shouldn't concern ourselves with contrary religions because what they have learned about Christian spirituality (and obviously theology) is too often false. Dreams are built from our experiences and the concepts we have learned.  That is not to say that dreams cannot have elements of supernatural truth within them, but the images and plots of dreams are products of our individual experience and knowledge level (true or false).

I do think it may be a "sign," so to speak (but broadly), that many people are dreaming about End Times.  In the last few months I have had two vivid dreams about Heaven that have included members of my local TLM community. One of those friends has had similar dreams, which included me.  Our dreams include a powerful priest who had been with us for many years but was recently reassigned.

The details of these dreams are less important than the apparent widespread awareness among believers that we should be even more diligent about preparing ourselves spiritually for more chastisements and (always) for death.

The following users thanked this post: Innocent Smith, Lynne, awkwardcustomer, Christe Eleison

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 05:26:53 PM »
And to add to the above ^^^

I recently heard someone state that every person you encounter in your dreams is yourself.  Or at least you supply the dialogue for them all. 

Based on how things are currently running in the world I can't say I'm surprised that Christians may be having these types of dreams.  Things are unsettling for everyone right now.  Must say, in my area people are actually a little friendlier as of late and I get the feeling, may just be me, that there is an understanding that we are all in this together.  Seems like we are all trying a little harder in interactions at stores and other day to day interactions.

I could see people having similar dreams if something big was about to happen, or to get your mind right, or get right with God.  But I believe it would be more due to the overall prevailing feeling that would be the gateway to those kinds of end times dreams. 

I think people are feeling a bit more intuitive these days.  I always am, but I seem to detect an increase in that kind of activity.  Perhaps less distractions in getting to work and with less options this is bound to happen. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Offline The Curt Jester

• Water-drinker at the Coffee Social
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Neo-Pelagian Angry Traditionalist with Narcissistic Tendencies
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 05:27:01 PM »
People often have dreams about things that are on their minds. 
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
  • Religion: Doubting Roman Catholic
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »
People often have dreams about things that are on their minds.
Now is not the time for reason.

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
Re: Protestants dreams and visions-Thanks, Lynne!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 08:48:14 AM »

^^^^The above made me laugh! Thanks, Lynne  ;D