Author Topic: Recommend a sick call set  (Read 450 times)

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Recommend a sick call set
« on: October 28, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »
I'm looking for a nice quality sick call set to purchase.  If you have any recommendations to ones that can be found online, please post a link.  If you know where something particularly nice can be had offline, I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks!
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
--Neal Stephenson

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Recommend a sick call set
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 06:22:48 PM »
Like one of those sliding crucifix dealios?  You can often find them at Goodwill or other thrift stores! 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »
Like one of those sliding crucifix dealios?  You can often find them at Goodwill or other thrift stores!

Whatever form it takes, it opens up and has stuff ready for the priest when he comes by to minister to the sick: holy water, clean linen, candles, other stuff.  Most of the ones to be purchased online come in the form of a crucifix that opens up, yeah.  There are a lot of vendors online and it's hard to figure out what is quality and what is cheap junk.

As for hunting thrift stores, I'm not really in a position to do that.   :)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
--Neal Stephenson

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
Sending you a PM.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 11:24:33 PM »
KK and Heinrich, PMs received.   Thank you.
--Neal Stephenson

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich