Author Topic: Second Book is Out  (Read 9373 times)

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
Re: Second Book is Out
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:38 AM »
That is a displeasure.

You get used to pretty much every pleasure.

I still like my children though.  They are about the only thing I like having around all the time.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Christe Eleison

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2020, 01:41:31 PM »
One thing that is a simple explanation is low testosterone levels.  I've never been tested, but going by the articles I've read, I'll throw some numbers out.  Don't get hung up on the values.

When I was young and heavy into lifting weights, cardio, fighting, competing, and wrestling, my T levels might have been as high as 1500, but definitely above 1000.  Currently in my 50's, considering I still lift, maybe I'm somewhere around 500-700.  20 yr. old men are testing around 400.  I definitely have more aggression than your average 20 yr. old, so I'm higher by some number.  That is insane.  It also explains why women aren't interested in them.

I think if you are starting out with the book, the next time you get a physical, get the doctor to draw some blood and check your T level.  If it's around 400, you have a problem and it will hold you back.  Ideally you are pushing 1000.

Luckily if you follow the book and eat clean, lift, get some cardio in, take up a fighting style, get your sleep, hang out with men, and work on a vitamin stack, you will raise those numbers.  You can go back after 6 months of effort and see if your numbers are coming up.  You also need to cut out all soy and other frankenfood.

One hack, the biggest bang for the buck is leg exercises, since that is the biggest muscle group.  So if you have low T at age 20, take up squats and dead lifts.  Make sure to get coaching on form because you can hurt yourself with these exercises.  Couple that with wind sprints and a good nights rest and you will get results pretty quickly.

I think this is a big problem.  Sedentary online lifestyle with no physical working out along with crappy sleep and diet is stomping on the testosterone of young men.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Maximilian, Padraig, MundaCorMeum, Christe Eleison

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2020, 09:22:23 PM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:25:46 PM by Daniel »

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
Just bought another copy for another young man.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2020, 04:27:08 PM »
Thanks for the support. Sadly this is the only resource available. Unless you want to read 20 books.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Online Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
I have an extra copy. If anyone wants it let me know.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Angela

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
I bought a copy for my 20-year old son for Christmas; and yes, being a lady, I couldn’t resist reading through your book...I had to “screen,” it, after all...lol. Seriously though, I’m impressed and commend you on publishing such a book for our day and age (much needed!). So, thank you!

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Online Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »
I bought a copy for my 20-year old son for Christmas; and yes, being a lady, I couldn’t resist reading through your book...I had to “screen,” it, after all...lol. Seriously though, I’m impressed and commend you on publishing such a book for our day and age (much needed!). So, thank you!

Irony

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Angela

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2020, 05:51:46 PM »
Just a little tongue-in-cheek, my friend; James says in the intro of his book that the ladies can’t help their curiosity in reading it. So hence my “screening”.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne, MundaCorMeum

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2020, 08:55:32 AM »
Just a little tongue-in-cheek, my friend; James says in the intro of his book that the ladies can’t help their curiosity in reading it. So hence my “screening”.  ;)

All the mothers knew what you meant.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Angela

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »
What a great book. I have read half of it in no time and it is an excellent flow. I am promising five decades of Rosary in the author intention upon completion.

So far I have 4 questions:

- why fr. Hesse was not mentioned in spiritual reading section?
 - what about "career" job in the military?
 - my best teachers and actually 2 bosses were women. Hands down. No micro management, high level goals and straight to the business meetings. The book advises against such situation. Why is that?
 - and why not Krav Maga for self defense?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:44:51 PM by andy »

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2020, 11:42:22 PM »
So I finished reading the book. The question in final paragraph/sentence is a great end for this book.

One more wonder arose after the completion. I am sure the author have heard or got near direct knowledge about men marrying asian women and entire phenomenon associated with that affair (I can elaborate about this more if needed). As one of my friends who is married to asian woman says, "they are very generous and faithful but high maintenance". I guess my question is about cultural differences and if that is that important when looking for future second half.

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
PS. I kept my promise.

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, MundaCorMeum

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »
Thanks for the rosary Andy.  Much appreciated.

Your questions:

1.  There is a large amount of good spiritual reading.  I remember Fr. Hesse somewhat.  I believe it was video and I concur he seemed solid.  My list is just a starter list.

2.  The military used to be excellent for men.  I've heard from too many military men that you should avoid it now.  If you are broke and soy, it's probably still a good option, but only for that limited segment.  The morality is bad and there are female officers everywhere.  Do you remember the destroyer that ran into a cargo ship?  The incident report stated that the officer on duty for CIC was in a cat fight with the officer on deck and refused to talk to her because they were both having sex with the same sailor.  That is today's military, except special forces.

3.  I don't deal with exceptions.  As far as great bosses, I doubt the female bosses generated esprit de corp, as that only occurs on all male teams.  Once you experience esprit de corp, it becomes obvious why you should avoid female bosses.  And most are popping pills and getting into cat fights and psyops with younger females that work for them.  I had female bosses.  Job was great because I didn't have to do much work.  Business meetings is correct.  Meet and discuss.  Not good for men.

4.  I know nothing about Krav.  If it is available, take it.

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »
I guess my question is about cultural differences and if that is that important when looking for future second half.

Cultural differences can be a big problem.  I guess it depends on your personality.  She would have to be Catholic of course.

If I were young, I'd start with Trad girls (after running the program in the book and having a good job, or working on achieving that).  Also conservative N.O. girls that are willing to go to a Trad chapel.  The N.O. chapels at Universities are full of conservative girls looking for a husband.  Pro life groups are also a good place to look.  But a Trad girl is the best bet.  The problem is that Trad chapels tend to be small so you don't get a big selection, unless you live next to St. Mary's.

If the US can't provide, then Eastern Europe.  I also like Trad French girls.  Very feminine and spirited. 

Again, only after running the program and getting established.  If you get serious about it, you'll be in the top 5%.  Trad Catholic girls are sick of soy boys and/or hobbiton larpers.  You would stand out and they'd be coming after you.