The Rosary Confraternity: Obligations, Benefits, Indulgences and Promises.

Started by Xavier, May 27, 2019, 04:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Have you joined or would you consider joining the Rosary Confraternity? You get a Plenary Indulgence on the day you join! And on many other days throughout the year as well, provided you fulfill the weekly obligations! All indulgences under the usual conditions, of course. St. Montfort describes the Rosary Confraternity in Secret of the Rosary:
http://www.catholictradition.org/Classics/secret-rosary5.htm

Catholic Tradition links to the below site. What is being asked here is Ordinary Membership, the 15 decades once a week, which surely all of us can do along with our duties of state. I don't know much about these Dominican Friars, does anyone have more information on them? Are they at least friendly to Tradition, for e.g.? https://www.rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/the-rosary-confraternity/its-obligations-and-benefits/ 

Quote"THE ROSARY CONFRATERNITY'S OBLIGATIONS, BENEFITS AND PROMISES

Those who pray the Rosary regularly would do well to enroll in the Confraternity to gain additional spiritual benefits for each Rosary they pray. Before enrolling, please read the obligations and benefits of the Confraternity. There is also a Rosary Confraternity Prayer.

OBLIGATIONS

Each member strives to pray fifteen mysteries of the Rosary each week (this does not bind under sin), and must have his/her name inscribed in the register of the Confraternity. There are no meetings, and no dues.

Since the Holy Father, Pope Saint John Paul II, has added the five luminous mysteries, we encourage members of the Confraternity to include that extra weekly Rosary. However, we have as yet received no official statement regarding this matter. Those who recite only the fifteen traditional mysteries will continue to share in the benefits of the Confraternity until some official source declares the contrary.

BENEFITS
[list=1]
  • The special protection of the Mother of God.
  • A share in the prayer of thousands of members the world over, even after death.
  • A share in the prayers, Masses and apostolic works of the entire Order of Preachers.
  • The intercession of the entire heavenly court.
  • Various plenary and partial indulgences.
  • Six times a year the Rosary Center publication THE ROSARY, LIGHT AND LIFE is sent to those members who wish it. Its purpose is to provide sound doctrine and spiritual guidance for readers everywhere.
INDULGENCES

[list=1]
  • For members of the Rosary Confraternity, a plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions, is granted:
    [list=a]
  • on the day of enrollment. (When application is made, a certificate of membership is sent, indicating the day of the enrollment.)
  • on the following feast days: Christmas, Easter, Annunciation, Purification, Assumption, Our Lady of the Rosary, and Immaculate Conception.
  • For those who pray the Rosary, a plenary indulgence is granted under the usual conditions, when the Rosary is prayed in Church, or in a Public Oratory, in a family (family Rosary), Religious Community, or Pious Association. Otherwise a partial indulgence is granted.
A few notes on indulgences
[list=1]
  • An indulgence is the cancellation of temporal punishment due for sin, when the sin's guilt has already been pardoned.
  • An indulgence is partial if it frees the Christian partially from the temporal punishment due for his sins, plenary if it frees him wholly.
  • Both partial and plenary indulgences can always be applied to the dead, but only by way of suffrage.
  • Since the Apostolic Constitution of Pope Paul VI on Indulgences, a partial indulgence is no longer expressed in reference to time, i.e. days or years.
  • A plenary indulgence can be gained only once a day, except by those on the threshold of death.
  • To gain a plenary indulgence the person must perform the indulgenced act, and satisfy these conditions: Sacramental Confession, Holy Communion, prayer for the Pope's intention, and freedom from all attachment to sin, even venial sin. If this detachment is not present, or if any of the above conditions are not fulfilled, the indulgence is partial.
15 PROMISES OF THE BLESSED MOTHER [this is for everyone, of course]
[list=1]
  • Those who faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
  • I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
  • The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  • The recitation of the Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish. It will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God. It will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  • The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
  • Those who recite my Rosary devoutly, applying themselves to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. In his justice, God will not chastise them; nor shall they perish by an unprovided death, i.e., be unprepared for heaven. Sinners shall convert. The just shall persevere in grace and become worthy of eternal life.
  • Those who have a true devotion to the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
  • Those who faithfully recite the Rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of his graces. At the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  • I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
  • The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
  • By the recitation of the Rosary you shall obtain all that you ask of me.
  • Those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
  • I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of their death.
  • All who recite the Rosary are my beloved children and the brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
  • Devotion for my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.(Given to St. Dominic and Bl. Alan de la Roche)
    Nihil Obstat: Rev. Bryan Kromholtz, O.P., Censor Deputatus
    Imprimi Potest: Very Rev. Mark C. Padrez, O.P., Provincial, Province of the Holy Name of Jesus"
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)