Author Topic: Is it sinful...  (Read 280 times)

Offline TandJ

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
Is it sinful...
« on: January 16, 2021, 07:28:16 PM »
A few times when talking to my lady friends I would mention that I would cry if I ever found out I was pregnant because of my age and serious mental and physical health issues. At the time I didnít consider this sinful but now Iím wondering if having this disposition could be? Is it ok for a woman to say or feel that more children would likely push her over the edge mentally and she positively doesnít want more of them?

For the record Iím a mother of 6 but if I were to have more I feel my mental state would be extremely dangerous (struggling with thoughts of suicide and being on antidepressants for 20 years) not to mention my husband would have to pick up 100 percent of the housework and child rearing because I typically donít leave the bed while pregnant.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:29:50 PM by TandJ »

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Re: Is it sinful...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
Iíd ask in confession, but Iíd say not sinful.  Risk of serious health issues is justification for periodic abstinence to avoid another pregnancy, with mutual agreement of spouses and ideally consulting your pastor for advise. But also considering improving your health if reasonable to welcome a new life into the world.  God will provide either way.

The following users thanked this post: St.Justin, TandJ

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
In all these things Job did not sin with his lips. ... After this Job opened his mouth, and cursed his day, [2] And he said: [3] Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said: A man child is conceived. [4] Let that day be turned into darkness, let not God regard it from above, and let not the light shine upon it. [5] Let darkness, and the shadow of death cover it, let a mist overspread it, and let it be wrapped up in bitterness.

Not sinful.  Actually discuss it with God in prayer.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 08:41:44 PM »
I agree with these guys. I'm a woman but too old to ever be a mother.  But if you want to talk to women who have had as many babies as you, you can do it here when they come, or join the women-only sub-forum Mary Garden here: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=7741.0. The moral issue is the same  no matter who you talk to, of course.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Offline TandJ

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 08:52:53 PM »
Thank you for your charity in replying. I will join the womenís forum

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:14 PM »
If you can't have more, then abstain. That is the only 100% Catholic way.

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 11:36:57 PM »
Well there is always one!

Offline TandJ

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 11:49:51 PM »
If you can't have more, then abstain. That is the only 100% Catholic way.

Well if it were up to me I would, however, there is one more person in my marriage who has a say.

The following users thanked this post: GiftOfGod

Offline dymphnaw

• Korporal
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »
One thing I really like about my African and Hispanic neighbors is I have never heard any of the women complain about their children.