"Limiting God", Michael Voris

Started by Kaesekopf, April 21, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

http://www.churchmilitant.com/video/episode/limiting-god

Latest vortex has Voris coming clean about his part life.  Eesh. 

(Posting transcript in next post...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

TRANSCRIPT

If you have children around, you may want to view this first before them.

As you probably know, the apostolate has been somewhat silent this week publicly.  That's because a situation has developed that I must fill you in on. It involves the sins of my past life all committed prior to my reversion to the Catholic faith. We have on very good authority from various sources that the New York archdiocese is collecting and preparing to quietly filter out details of my past life with the aim of publicly discrediting me, this apostolate and the work here.

I have never made a secret that my life prior to my reversion was extremely sinful. I have said many times — in public — that I was in a state of mortal sin, and had I died, I would have been damned. I also revealed these sins were of a sexual nature and that they occurred over a prolonged period of time. I did not reveal the specific nature or details of the sins, because when I returned home to the Church, I did not think that a full public confession of details was necessary in order to start proclaiming the great mercy of God.

Perhaps that was a wrong assessment. I don't seriously know. Perhaps along these years I should have been revealing of greater detail. That, I now think so, but more on that in a moment.

Whatever the matter, I will now reveal that for most of my years in my thirties, confused about my own sexuality, I lived a life of live-in relationships with homosexual men. From the outside, I lived the lifestyle and contributed to scandal in addition to the sexual sins. On the inside, I was deeply conflicted about all of it. In a large portion of my twenties, I also had frequent sexual liaisons with both adult men and adult women.

These are the sins of my past life in this area which are all now publicly admitted and owned by me. That was before my reversion to the Faith.

Since my reversion, I abhor all these sins, especially in the world of the many many other sins I have committed having nothing to do with sexuality. I gave in to deep pains from my youth by seeking solace in lust, and in the process, surrendered my masculinity.

Many of you know the story of my mother's prayers and sacrifices and pleading to God on my behalf that I give up my sinful life and return home to the Church. As a last resort, she prayed to be given whatever suffering needed so that I would be granted sufficient grace to revert. It was shortly after that prayer that her very early stage stomach cancer was detected, which she died from a few years later.

During the last year of her life, I began to change by beginning to frequent the sacraments more often. When my mom died, I pledged at her coffin that I would change. I said, "Mom, what you went through for me, you will not have gone through in vain." I returned fully and completely to the Faith and close to two years later, I began this apostolate. 

I was thrilled, over the top with gratitude for what God had done for me through my mom and her suffering. He had rescued me from a miserable, horrible spiritual darkness where I lost almost all understanding of myself. And in order to understand the great mercy of God here, you must realize the corresponding great depths of evil into which I had plunged myself. Those were dreadful days, years.

I had great pain to overcome from childhood and my youth and instead of recommending myself to God in my youth, I gave in to the flesh and died spiritually. I shudder every time I think what would now be my lot had I died in a traffic accident or something.

I gave up myself — my masculinity, my identity, my self-understanding, my own dignity as a baptized Catholic. As I have said publicly, without the details, I lived a horrible life and would be in Hell had I been killed before returning to the Faith.

I want to take a moment to apologize to anyone who is wounded in any way by this. I did not intend to deceive. I just didn't see the need to provide up-close detail of past sins in order to inform people of the Faith. I thought it sufficient to simply state the true and overriding fact that I had led a horrible life, and through my mother's efforts, been given sufficient grace to come home as a prodigal son.

From the time of my return to the Faith, I have wanted nothing than for others to experience the joy and life-giving truth of the Catholic Church, to know that the dead can be raised, to deeply consider what is truly meant by "With God all things are possible."

All things are possible. "Though your sins be as scarlet, I shall make them white as wool." Even the most seemingly difficult, never-can-happen, not-in-a-million-attempts kind of things. All things are possible. No thing is impossible for God. He can even restore your formerly shattered, confused sexuality. It does not matter — whatever the issue, whatever the sin, whatever the depth of the deepest darkness, there is nowhere God can not come to you and rescue you. 

He did it for countless men and women with horrible, horrible lives who became saints: Paul, Augustine, Francis, Ignatius, Margaret of Cortona, the patron saint of reformed prostitutes.

The Church is filled with such stories, so much so that one could almost say it appears the mission of the Church is to collect miserable sinners and turn them into saints. But that is exactly what the mission of the Church is!

There is real power in the Cross. It isn't just nice poetry and stuff of Church songs. "Lift High the Cross of Christ" indeed. Saint Paul saw that when he was done murdering the first Catholics. I'm not portraying myself as a saint, but I am here today telling you that everything about the transformative stuff of the Faith is real. It's true. I know it's true.

Through the teachings of this Holy Catholic Church established personally by the Son of God on St. Peter for my salvation, your salvation, through Her sacraments, through Her intrinsic power, I was given back my masculinity that I had squandered.

I was restored to life. It is real, every last bit of it. And when you know it, you know it — and you want everyone else to know it. And you want to make sure nothing stops them from knowing it like you know it.

It is freedom. It is joyful.

Since our earliest days, what we do here has been a target of the diabolical. He has put forth too many traps for me to even recall. The goal has been to shut us down and end this mission because we constantly speak about the glory of the Catholic Church and its life-giving power. He doesn't want that message being heard. He wants people being ensnared.

I have made many mistakes and missteps as the leader here, but in regard to this specific point, it was a mistake to not bring this forth earlier. I did not do it to deceive, but because I did not understand the necessity.

Now I do. I was limiting God. I was restricting, putting limitations on the good news of His saving power. He did not just save me from a bad life — that is far too general. In much more concrete terms, He reached down into the mighty dark waters, the tempest, a sea of sin, and drew me out — for nothing is impossible with God. Nothing.

I do not know what the result of all of this will be. It is difficult to speak of, beyond unpleasant to recall. But those sins are the past. This is a new life, a new man, as St. Paul says.

This is why when I was in Fatima in person five years ago, I took advantage of the moment and I consecrated specifically my chastity to Our Blessed Mother. That virtue which I had desecrated, I now asked to be consecrated, protected by Her.

From its first moment, this apostolate has been placed under the care of St. Michael and Our Blessed Mother, the one who defeated him in Heaven and the one who defeated him on earth and into eternity. And as a reminder to him, you will strike at Her heel, but She will crush your head.

We will never cease declaring these truths, the glories of the Catholic faith, regardless of what happens. If this is all threatened because of revelations of my past sins, then please pray that the will of God be done.

Thank you for your prayers, your support and your understanding, as well as the measure of forgiveness you are ready to extend.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

A very interesting vortex, for sure.

I'm not sure what I find more troubling, voris's past or that the New York archdiocese was going to use this to drag him through the mud and attempt to discredit him.  Where is the mercy in that?  :/

He definitely needs our prayers, at the least. 

Flora

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 04:57:24 PM
A very interesting vortex, for sure.

I'm not sure what I find more troubling, voris's past or that the New York archdiocese was going to use this to drag him through the mud and attempt to discredit him.  Where is the mercy in that?  :/

He definitely needs our prayers, at the least. 

He is a repentant man now. How can any Catholic (who is also a sinner) condemn someone who has repented from their sinful ways and is now trying to live a holy life? The more troubling thing is definitely the archdiocese allegedly trying to dig up his past sins to try to discredit him... If it were his current sins, then no problem. But past sins?! Jesus accepted the sinners who repented from their wicked ways. How can the shepherds of the Church condemn a man on his past?! They love and embrace current homosexuals and transexuals. Dolan marches in the streets with them and gives them communion. Jesus was right to call such Pharisees hypocrites!!!

Gerard

His past sins that he previously alluded to and subsequently went to confession for are not anything I really wanted to know about.  I don't think it was a mistake for him not to reveal it.

Christ and His Church are forgiving, the world of man? Never. 

I think it's a shame that his confessional can remain private but somehow the archdiocese can still gather the dirt and try to destroy someone.

Simultaneously it's smart of him to get out ahead of it and disarm the evil vipers that seem to have no low too low for them. 

I haven't been a fan of Voris for a while because of his SSPX flip flops etc.  But if he's got crosshairs on him like this, he must be doing some good out there. 

aquinas138

I'm not troubled by his past - God can forgive anything for those who repent. My own sins were different, but I can't say I was or am any better. I think he was right that he didn't need to come forward with this information before, but it's good that he beat the Archdiocese to the punch. Certainly more disturbing than Michael's past is that the Archdiocese was planning to try and drag him through the mud. Disgusting.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Greg

Come back Fr. Corapi all is forgiven.

Are there any repentant sodomites in scripture or repentant sodomites who were canonized, beatified or mentioned in dispatches?

I've not heard of any.  Strange really, since there seem to be a lot of sodomites in the Church.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: aquinas138 on April 21, 2016, 05:09:09 PM
I'm not troubled by his past - God can forgive anything for those who repent. My own sins were different, but I can't say I was or am any better.

In complete honesty I can say I am better.  I've never sodomized anyone.  Not even a woman.

Nor have I stolen from widows or orphans or murdered anyone and whatever the fourth one is.  Haven't done that either.

I'm somewhat troubled by the idea of a former sodomite who sodomized men between the age of 25 and 40 starting a worldwide Catholic apostolate.

15 years of sodomy has to count as at least an inclination surely.

After all, if homosexuals are not fit to be ordained, what business do they have in a senior position of lay teaching authority?

What's next? Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards re-write the Penny Catechism?

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Flora

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:14:51 PM
Come back Fr. Corapi all is forgiven.

Are there any repentant sodomites in scripture or repentant sodomites who were canonized, beatified or mentioned in dispatches?

I've not heard of any.  Strange really, since there seem to be a lot of sodomites in the Church.

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:20:49 PM
Quote from: aquinas138 on April 21, 2016, 05:09:09 PM
I'm not troubled by his past - God can forgive anything for those who repent. My own sins were different, but I can't say I was or am any better.

In complete honesty I can say I am better.

I'm somewhat troubled by the idea of a former sodomite starting a worldwide Catholic apostolate.

After all, if homosexuals are not fit to be ordained, what business do they have in a senior position of lay teaching authority?

Who says former homosexuals can't teach? Being ordained and heading a lay apostolate are completely different things. And are you suggesting that homosexuals are beyond redemption?

Greg

What's next? Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards re-write the Penny Catechism?

Greg

Quote from: Flora on April 21, 2016, 05:27:53 PM
Who says former homosexuals can't teach?

Common sense says it.  You spend 15 years <living as an active homosexual> and you should be disqualified for being mentally unfit.  That's not a single moment of drugged up madness where someone has spiked your drink.  That's seriously mentally FUBAR.

Sin HAS to have temporal consequences too.

Why would you want to listen to Voris or give money to him, over say John Vennari who, as far as anyone knows, is a lifelong faithful Catholic who has never gone near another man's undercarriage or even shagged a whole bunch of women?

Graphic lines removed and green text added. 

Sockpuppet

A pedophile could also be saved and live the life of Christ.

Nonetheless, I don't think they should be in a position to publicly teach the faith.

Prayerful

If a repentant (former?) homosexual limits himself to the plausible and possible, some sort of lay apostolate, that has to be good. Obviously he must not consider the priesthood. It does show the character of the Archdiocese. I would hope Cardinal Dolan had nothing to do with the dirtdigging, but it appears he only likes unrepentant homosexuals. Repentant (neo)conservative (former?) homosexuals are not wanted it appears. Michael Voris decided to change. We can only hope more peverts abandon their peversion. I hope too that Mr Voris will abandon his recent role as the attack dog for neo conservatives. No one has a hold over him now. If funders push him towards something, I'm sure there are genuine, Tradition loving and faithful Catholics with money to spare.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Jayne

Some posts in this thread remind me of this passage of Scripture (Luke 18:9-14):
QuoteAnd to some who trusted in themselves as just, and despised others, he [Our Lord] spoke also this parable:

Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican.  I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner.  I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

It is easy to look down on others for their sins, especially sins that we are not tempted toward ourselves, but we are all sinners.  Anyone who does not see himself as a sinner in need of forgiveness has missed the core of the Gospel. There is no place for looking down on others in Christianity.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Flora

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: Flora on April 21, 2016, 05:27:53 PM
Who says former homosexuals can't teach?

Common sense says it.  You spend 15 years <living as an active homosexual> and you should be disqualified for being mentally unfit.  That's not a single moment of drugged up madness where someone has spiked your drink.  That's seriously mentally FUBAR.

Sin HAS to have temporal consequences too.

Why would you want to listen to Voris or give money to him, over say John Vennari who, as far as anyone knows, is a lifelong faithful Catholic who has never gone near another man's undercarriage or even shagged a whole bunch of women?

You have a point, but does the Church teach that former homosexuals cannot teach in a lay capacity?

I am interested in what the Church's position is, not opinions. Because one can also say that St. Augustine also "shagged a whole bunch of women", yet I would have wanted to listen to him and give him money.