Trump and the Mindless Mob

Started by King Wenceslas, February 24, 2016, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

Quote from: Xavier on April 01, 2016, 09:56:31 AM
Well, Trump walked back his comments and said a woman who performs an abortion should not face legal retribution since she is a "victim", only the doctor whom she approaches and asks for should be. His original statement was correct, of course, a woman who kills the child in her womb - in any civilized nation faithful to the natural law and so much the more in a nation that desires to be authentically Christian - should face civil prosecution for criminal homicide.  The same, of course, is true for doctors and all other enablers of the heinous deed. It is incorrect to say women are always the "victims of abortion" as even unfortunately many pro-life organizations do. Even current ecclesiastical law tells us all who participate in an abortion commit a mortal sin and incur ipso facto excommunication. That people are afraid to say abortion is a crime worthy of punishment today may be due to many things, perhaps a fear of offending, perhaps of doing "damage to the cause" or whatever it is. I think it is ultimately because secular democracies, where the will of people as measured by the latest poll is sovereign, inevitably culminates in moral relativism. When the law is whatever people think it should be, morality becomes relativistic and eternally in flux. There is no right and wrong set in stone and nations fall from a practical agnosticism to outright relativism. We've seen this all over the once-Christian west. The only real solution for the state of the world today is a return to Christian monarchy, where the will of God as revealed by the teaching of the Church is sovereign, and the immutable law that governs all.

Anyway, coming back to Trump, who once described himself as "very, very pro-choice", I know from reading the other posts that I'm in a minority in saying this, but the reason I do not support him is because wolves do not simply evolve into sheep overnight. He claims to have had a convenient political evolution from being very pro-choice to now being truly pro-life. Think of how Norma McCorvey and Dr. Bernard Nathanson completely changed their lives when they had a real and dramatic conversion - not evolution - from being pro-choice to pro-life, they completely recanted their earlier lifestyle and demonstrated real sorrow for their faults. Yet, Trump is still to demonstrate the slightest degree of contrition and reparation for his public life of impiety and immorality, including the grave sin of being pro-abortion. He is a serial adulterer who cheated on his first wife with Maria Maples. Is this the man who we are going to trust to defend holy matrimony before the lawless supreme court? In all the years of his public life, did he ever give any indication that he was going to fight for Christian principles and promote the reign of Christ in this world? He could not cite even a single verse of the Bible when asked what was his favorite - when asked whether he had implored the Almighty for forgiveness, he said he doesn't really bring God into that picture, he referred to Holy Communion as "my little cracker". Tony Perkins observed that Trump's "Two Corinthians" gaffe at Liberty University revealed his embarassing unfamiliarity with Scripture. All this is well known. What reason is there to vote for a man like this who will not be frank with us on his most basic beliefs? And regardless of what the constitution says or doesn't say, applying a "religious test" is perfectly legitimate according to traditional Catholic teaching and the timeless practice of the Church with respect to civil rulers. But it isn't even that, it's about a man who knows he cannot win the nomination without support from Christians and conservatives but won't even go through the trouble of learning a few passages of the Bible. Trump is not who he says he is, what his latest flip flopping on the matter of abortion demonstrates is that he has few core principles and is just a life-long liberal, an unconverted wolf in sheep's clothing, who now just goes around telling folks with family values what he thinks they want to hear.

Go ahead and slam me for saying this if you like, but I agree with this bit, http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/30/msnbcs-chris-matthews-exposes-donald-trump-total-fraud-wisconsin-town-hall.html "the man who is the leader in the race for the Republican nomination has no core beliefs. Trump has no policies, because he is trying to fool voters into electing him president."

Well said, Xavier. 11/10
Probably one of the best posts I've ever read on here.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

james03

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 01, 2016, 08:27:29 AM
I hope she gets indicted before the election. Wishful thinking, but hope is a virtue.
The Clintons are known blackmailers and Obama is wide open to blackmail. FBI will recommend prosecution. Obama will say no. The outrage will die down after 2 weeks. On the Repub side TPTB will ensure a divided electorate.

Hillary wins. We get a moderate to replace Scalia. Borders will be flung open and we will become Mexico -- forever. A "third way" fascist/distributist hell hole.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

mikemac

Quote from: abc123 on April 01, 2016, 09:59:28 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on March 31, 2016, 03:49:42 PM
Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on March 31, 2016, 03:34:12 PM
5 Reasons You Should Vote For Donald Trump

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cph0WOdVCNg[/yt]

I love Gavin. The godfather of hipsterdom, now a Latin Mass going Catholic convert.

Do you have a reference for that? I'm surprised because I saw an interview that he did with Milo Yiannopoulos that was down right crude.

Gavin McInnes: I was a pro-choice atheist. Then I had kids. Now I'm a God-fearing pro-life Catholic
Oct 30, 2013
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/gavin-mcinnes-i-was-a-pro-choice-atheist-then-i-had-kids.-now-im-a-god-fear
QuoteIt seems that McInnes is at least on the road from atheism to a fully lived-out Christianity. Being public about being a 'God-fearing Catholic' and pro-life in an atmosphere such as his is courageous to say the least. Let's hope and pray he sees the light and removes himself from the 'vice' he promotes with visuals and language, just as he left Vice Magazine in 2008.

This article doesn't say that he attends the Latin Mass.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Bonaventure

He said he attends the old Mass on the Joe Rogan podcast.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

red solo cup

I hope she gets indicted before the election. Wishful thinking, but hope is a virtue.
Doubt that will happen. Loretta Lynch,  the Attorney General who decides whether Clinton is prosecuted, got her start as AG for Eastern New York
through an appointment by who else? Bill Clinton.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 01, 2016, 11:15:46 AM

I wouldn't think many Trads would listen to JRE...

Prayerful

A Hillary prosecution will only come with a GOP president be he Trump or Cruz or Kasich (if there was a nuclear strike in which the other two perished).
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on April 01, 2016, 04:05:44 PM

Oh...you do...?

Just listened to the Bell Bros. I wanted to get into the Peter Schiff episode but it was boring.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 01, 2016, 04:34:14 PM
Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on April 01, 2016, 04:05:44 PM

Oh...you do...?

Just listened to the Bell Bros. I wanted to get into the Peter Schiff episode but it was boring.

I came across his channel when I was looking into the pineal gland's production of dimethyltryptamine, although he takes it in somewhat of a different direction than we were looking at. Interesting though. He has some interesting discussions, but definitely not in line with a Traditional Catholic world view.

Prayerful

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-dont-change-abortion-laws/

Trump now says 'abortion laws are set' and won't go changing them. Can an advisor not whisper words for him to say when abortion gets mentioned? Is that the Progressive of 1999 coming out again? This is a bit surprising, as it's an actual clear position. However, it will likely be clarified.

Adding his spokesman's words:

"Mr. Trump gave an accurate account of the law as it is today and made clear it must stay that way now --until he is President," Hicks said. "Then he will change the law through his judicial appointments and allow the states to protect the unborn. There is nothing new or different here."

There is of course a long standing MSM policy of misrepresenting him. Wait and see.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

james03

No surprise he's backing off.  We live in a pro-abortion country that killed, pick a number, 100 million babies.  However when caught off guard, he gave his honest answer.

What he says is true.  The President doesn't have much to do with it, except the all important decision on the Supreme Court justice.  And Trump will pick a Scalia.

Return the issue back to the individual States, then let the Catholic Church's bishops rally the faithful to outlaw it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Prayerful

Yes, he did say he'd prefer it was resolved via state's right, and he would hope to pick some comparable to Justice Scalia. The perception of shifting overmuch might alienate Catholic voters, who might not prefer Cruz, and just therefore might not vote. That could mean Hillary Clinton as President. She would move mountains to ensure the abortion slaughter houses work at double speed.

Greg

He also says Abortion is murder.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/03/trump_clarifies_abortion_comment_i_was_asked_a_hypothetical_about_abortion_being_outlawed.html

Has there ever been a viable presidential candidate since Row-Wade who said abortion was murder?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Lynne

Quote from: Greg on April 04, 2016, 01:28:58 AM
He also says Abortion is murder.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/03/trump_clarifies_abortion_comment_i_was_asked_a_hypothetical_about_abortion_being_outlawed.html

Has there ever been a viable presidential candidate since Row-Wade who said abortion was murder?

No. They're usually pretty mealy mouth about it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

Quote from: james03 on April 01, 2016, 10:21:19 AM
The Clintons are known blackmailers and Obama is wide open to blackmail. FBI will recommend prosecution. Obama will say no. The outrage will die down after 2 weeks. On the Repub side TPTB will ensure a divided electorate.

Hillary wins. We get a moderate to replace Scalia. Borders will be flung open and we will become Mexico -- forever. A "third way" fascist/distributist hell hole.

That is what is called a very plausible prediction, sad! (to use a Trumpism).