Doing Something About Islamic Jihad

Started by TS, November 15, 2015, 08:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattock

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 17, 2015, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: KingTheoden on November 17, 2015, 04:56:45 PM
Mattlock, I like your advice a lot.

Do you do Crossift?  Last Summer I considered joining a local group and tabled it.  Also, I've seen video of Krav Maga and it looks pretty legitimate, though I've never actually attempted to learn.  My concern has been finding a solid trainer.

I am sending you a PM detailing some of these points.

I've always been turned on by Krav Maga...although nothings perfect.

As for Crossfit, it's a love/hate thing but I've hear a lot of sh*t spoken against it by a lot of people who know (at least seem to know) what they're talking about

Krav Maga is the real deal, in my opinion anyway.

Crossfit is very good, but also often very much over-hyped. Many Crossfit people come across almost like cultists. They believe in Crossfit. "Have you accepted Crossfit as your personal lord and savior." Also, Crossfit people often refuse to do anything non-Crossfit approved.  :shrug: "Can't do archery man; it'll mess with my Crossfit." That's how it is around LA anyway.
For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

LausTibiChriste

Dominicans are solid.

There's nothing we can do from a human standpoint. I mean yeah, if a bunch of pajama head f***heads were on my tram yelling Allahu Akbar I'd be stabbing every one of 'em until my dying breath, but I'm not about to organize a Crusade. TS I understand your angst, I really do...several member of this board could affirm my desire to do something, anything. But you need to take a breath, dissociate yourself from the emotion and think rationally from a Traditional Catholic stand point. Fact of the matter is that we're in a cosmic war and God is chastising us. This isn't the era of the Crusades when religious life in Europe was relatively hunky dory. It's not being defeated...it's being smart. Trads are a SMALL minority, but we'll be the victors in this battle. Forget any physical manifestations of your anger, unless you need to and win this battle like we ought to, with Mass, the Rosary and sacrifice. Mary will crush these little shithead ISPs so easily it'll be hilarious to watch, but it won't happen until we pray, pray, pray.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

verenaerin

Our priest on Sunday made a point to say that the early Christians were complete passivists. That they turned the other cheek and never retaliated. This was the rule, in a custom way, until St Augustine came out with the just war doctrine. That he duty of the state is different then the duty of the individual. That the state had the right to defend it's citizens, as does the individual, but only when being attacked- as opposed to the state. Meaning, if you as an individual were being attacked, you could only fight back to defend yourself.

TBH, I am not exactly clear what his point was. Was he telling us not to hate Muslims? I certainly don't hate them, though I see them as an enemy and not to be trusted. He really stressed the passivity of the early Christians. It's been something he has been studying for the past 2 years.

verenaerin

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 17, 2015, 07:15:27 PM
Dominicans are solid.

There's nothing we can do from a human standpoint. I mean yeah, if a bunch of pajama head f***heads were on my tram yelling Allahu Akbar I'd be stabbing every one of 'em until my dying breath, but I'm not about to organize a Crusade. TS I understand your angst, I really do...several member of this board could affirm my desire to do something, anything. But you need to take a breath, dissociate yourself from the emotion and think rationally from a Traditional Catholic stand point. Fact of the matter is that we're in a cosmic war and God is chastising us. This isn't the era of the Crusades when religious life in Europe was relatively hunky dory. It's not being defeated...it's being smart. Trads are a SMALL minority, but we'll be the victors in this battle. Forget any physical manifestations of your anger, unless you need to and win this battle like we ought to, with Mass, the Rosary and sacrifice. Mary will crush these little shithead ISPs so easily it'll be hilarious to watch, but it won't happen until we pray, pray, pray.

This.

This is our chastisement. God has not left the world, the world has left God. Without God there is no truth, harmony, peace, love, order, or virtue. In essence, there is only weakness and evil. This started way before us, before Vat II. We were warned how evil everything was in the 1800s. Our poor BVM was found crying at La Salette. Have we heeded her warnings and messages- no. And now we pay the price. Sadly, it will only get worse.

At the same time, this is a time of mercy. God has more, more then enough reason to nuke the crap out of us. Can you imagine the innocent blood of the millions of millions of babies murdered to death by abortion every day? Why does he hold his hand back? Because every day is one more day to get our act together. Too see how much we need Him and are incapable of doing anything of merit without Him. We are nothing without Christ. As we sit here and suffer in our own ways, this burns our attachments to this world, and makes us purer.

I used to complain and ask God what is He waiting for- let's just get this over with. No more. All of these horrible things going on in the world are against Him, not me. Satan moves his pawns around to further a more corrupt and filthy world- he does this to attack God, we are just a means to an end. It is God's right alone to chastise and punish. But my will is God's (or I am trying). So if He is holding His hand back- praise God. If He unleashes His anger- praise God.

Everyday is one more day I can offer up, say a Rosary, lead my children in faith, and support my husband. That is God's will for me, and I will be content with that, even as the world burns to the ground around me.

Prayerful

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427222/john-kerry-disgrace-charles-c-w-cooke

Anything will be done without political help. Apparently those murdered at Charlie Hebdo had it coming to them. John Kerry, the crooked faced, tanned personification of self loathing liberalism, which endeavours above all to be as weak as possible as Islam and other foes.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Mattock

Quote from: Prayerful on November 18, 2015, 01:17:08 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427222/john-kerry-disgrace-charles-c-w-cooke

Anything will be done without political help. Apparently those murdered at Charlie Hebdo had it coming to them. John Kerry, the crooked faced, tanned personification of self loathing liberalism, which endeavours above all to be as weak as possible as Islam and other foes.

Quote from: KerryIn the last days, obviously, that has been particularly put to the test. There's something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that. There was a sort of particularized focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of – not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, okay, they're really angry because of this and that.

:eek:  :vomit:

Yep, we're on our own. (Not that I'm a "Je Suis Charlie" idiot. Unless it was "Je Suis Charlie Martel." Hmm . . . that has a better ring to it.)

Quote from: Pope Julius III (not one of the good Renaissance popes)Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?

Liberals are flaming idiots.
For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

Clare

Quote from: KingTheoden on November 17, 2015, 04:56:45 PM
Do you do Crossift?  Last Summer I considered joining a local group and tabled it.
Is that like cross-stitch?  :knit:
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Clare

Quote from: verenaerin on November 17, 2015, 08:35:54 PM
Our priest on Sunday made a point to say that the early Christians were complete passivists. That they turned the other cheek and never retaliated....
Yes, I've been thinking about that. When do you ever hear of a martyr who fought back? And they didn't just not defend themselves, but they didn't defend their fellow martyrs either (as far as I know).
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Dominicans are solid.

Trads can't even get bishops to spread and support the TLM. 

We sure as hell ain't taking over countries and getting rid of people who want us dead. 

:lol:

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Traditionallyruralmom

I mean yeah, if a bunch of pajama head f***heads were on my tram yelling Allahu Akbar I'd be stabbing every one of 'em until my dying breath, but I'm not about to organize a Crusade.

This is me as well.  Really considering a concealed carry...not that I am in the city much..

My only crusade will be one of prayer.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

christulsa

short answer.  vote.  nominate Trump.  like him or not, he's the best bet of the candidates for hunting down jihadist's on US soil, and shrewdly targeting foreign terrorist threats like ISIS. 

zork

Quote from: christulsa on November 18, 2015, 10:38:04 PM
short answer.  vote.  nominate Trump.  like him or not, he's the best bet of the candidates for hunting down jihadist's on US soil, and shrewdly targeting foreign terrorist threats like ISIS.

Sure, but he has zero chance in a general election, even up against any of the freakshow gallery that the democrats will be trotting out. Simply too many dumbass, libtard Americans to overcome.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

PolishCrusader

Quote from: TS on November 15, 2015, 08:46:54 PM
Do traditional Catholics have any suggestions on what can be done about the jihad and the problem of so many leaders, both civil and ecclesial, who are denying the issue? Surely there is something more that can be done than just "pray the Rosary"?

Use it to our advantage. Sandies are savages, that are easy to manipulate, that's why the Jews use them as unknowing shock troops so often.  If we just constantly manipulated them into, say, attacking the leftist gatherings and parties that are the reason these invaders are here in the first place, well, then, that would certainly solve the problem, one way or another.
"Have the courage to face a difficulty lest it kick you harder than you bargain for."

-King Stanislaus of Poland

"Even if my own father were a heretic, I would gather the wood to burn him"

-Cardinal Carafa

Kaesekopf

Quote from: PolishCrusader on November 19, 2015, 08:34:45 AM
Quote from: TS on November 15, 2015, 08:46:54 PM
Do traditional Catholics have any suggestions on what can be done about the jihad and the problem of so many leaders, both civil and ecclesial, who are denying the issue? Surely there is something more that can be done than just "pray the Rosary"?

Use it to our advantage. Sandies are savages, that are easy to manipulate, that's why the Jews use them as unknowing shock troops so often.  If we just constantly manipulated them into, say, attacking the leftist gatherings and parties that are the reason these invaders are here in the first place, well, then, that would certainly solve the problem, one way or another.

You have some sort of penchant for talking about, focusing on, or fantasizing killing people.  Take a 14 day ban (according to the ban schedule) to reconsider how you post here.