Author Topic: Masonic Miraculous Medals?  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Spooky

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
Masonic Miraculous Medals?
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
I came across this on my FB feed:

https://traditionalaltarboy.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/check-your-miraculous-medals/

If you haven’t heard, the Freemasons have been making blasphemous versions of the miraculous medals by replacing the 12th star from Our Lady’s crown with a Masonic compass. This may or may not be news to my viewers, but regardless: this must be put in the public.

And has a photo:

My thoughts is the "compass" is actually a monogram for Ave Maria. https://www.google.com/search?q=ave+maria&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIurmpgvPlyAIVRSmICh2evAlY&biw=1920&bih=993#tbm=isch&q=ave+maria+symbol

But let's say it is the Masonic compass. Does that mean any prayers get hijacked? Or what exactly happens with "blasphemous versions" that nobody is aware are blasphemous?

Offline jovan66102

• La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
  • Wachtmeister
  • La foi Catholique d'abord! La mort à l'Islam!
    • Musings of an Old Curmudgeon
Re: Masonic Miraculous Medals?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
Point A), I think you're right and it's a monogram of A&M. Point B), I would say absolutely nothing happens. God is not bound by such trivialities.

***ETA*** And thanks for that Google link! There's some beautiful work there! :)
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

The following users thanked this post: Spooky

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:33:57 AM »
It's not what Our Lady showed to St. Catherine Laboure, and it's therefore not a Miraculous Medal.

12 stars, not 11 and some ambiguous thing.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, TradGranny

Offline Clare

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Sedefluid Cafeteria Trad
    • Motes 'n' Beams blog
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »
In case it contains anything of interest, here is a thread I started some months back, about false Miraculous Medals.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

The following users thanked this post: Spooky

Offline Spooky

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
Thanks Clare. I probably should have searched first. You brought up the same questions I had and said it better. At what point does it become superstitious?

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Clare