Pope Francis insults Mary

Started by james03, December 21, 2013, 10:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

It will only get worse.

Link to Article  So he insults the Mother of God.  Really great. 

QuoteShe was silent, but in her heart, how many things told the Lord! 'You, that day, this and the other that we read, you had told me that he would be great, you had told me that you would have given him the throne of David, his forefather, that he would have reigned forever and now I see him there!' Our Lady was human! And perhaps she even had the desire to say: 'Lies! I was deceived!'
St. John the Apostle, pray for us.

This second quote may be wrong, note the "dots".  However, if true, then let us hide the light under a bushel basket.

Quote"Silence is that which guards the mystery," for which the mystery "of our relationship with God, of our journey, of our salvation cannot be... publicized," the Pope repeated once again before ending the mass.
St. John the Baptist, pray for us.  St. Vincent Ferrara, pray for us.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

verenaerin

I don't really understand what the Pope is saying. Can you explain it James?

james03

That it is possible that Mary had doubts on Calvary.  And even considered the Lord to be a liar.  It is disgusting.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Landless Laborer

This is Protestant teaching, and begs more reparations to Her Immaculate Heart.  I'm signing off to do exactly that. 

james03

QuoteJohn 2:4  And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee? my hour is not yet come.

verenaerin

I don't even know how this is possible. How is it, that a Jesuit trained priest, ordained a decade before I was even born, could even imagine such a thing about the Blessed Mother. I am stunned.

ADMG

Remember also when he denigrated servitude, especially for women, in favour of the concept of service - so much for "Ecce ancilla Domini".

verenaerin

In St. Nicholas fashion, is it ok if I imagine St. Louis de Montfort decking our Pope?

Godfrey of Bouillon

If this is true, (James, I'm not questioning your integrity), I can't say I'm that surprised. Still, very, very sad.

Heinrich

Quote from: verenaerin on December 21, 2013, 11:09:27 AM
I don't really understand what the Pope is saying. Can you explain it James?

No kidding.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

lauermar

I am sorry to read this. Pope Francis had consecrated his papacy to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This is coming out of left field, and isn't congruent with a consecrated papacy. I can't explain it, I can only hope His Holiness was misquoted.

His silence idea makes no sense to me. The coming of the Messiah was revealed in scripture ahead of time. The astrologists followed the star, and they knew He was coming. Elizabeth knew exactly what was going on with Mary as soon as she heard Mary's greeting. Even St. John the Baptist as a fetus knew! No silence there. When baby Jesus was circumcised in the temple, Simeon proclaimed His future.  God chose to reveal His plan to some without Mary saying anything, because God wanted to establish it as a miracle. It doesn't mean it was fake if someone knew about it beforehand.

Was Mary human? Yes, and born without original sin!!! Did she ever doubt God?  NO!!!! I'm a lay woman, not a pope. My ideas aren't worth a grain of salt. But I got a totally different message when I was meditating on the Sorrowful Mother chaplet regularly last month. I always have difficulty meditating, but during my spiritual trials then the images came very clear and vivid. The message I got went like this:

"So many trials happened to Joseph and us, yet I trusted God would take care of us, and He did. I was taken aback when Simeon predicted Jesus would be a sign that will be opposed, but I trusted Jesus would still accomplish His mission. I was shocked when Joseph said we had to flee to war-torn Egypt with baby Jesus and cross a desert, but I trusted in God that we would reach safety. I was frightened when we lost Jesus for 3 days, but once we found Him in the temple I knew God had plans for Him..."
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

james03

If this is true, (James, I'm not questioning your integrity), I can't say I'm that surprised. Still, very, very sad.
I am going off the article.  Originally posted on Angelqueen.  Actually I am surprised.  I thought at least he was devoted to Mary, which was a cause for hope.  Now he has insulted the Mother of God.  St. John the Apostle, pray for us.

Larry

Our Lady as co-Redemptrix completely cooperated with Our Lord's plan of Salvation. She didn't doubt. Her Heart was broken(or pierced, as Simeon told her) to see Her Son be treated so cruelly, but she would never have thought something like what the Pope is implying. This is nuts.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Gardener

He sure does yammer a lot for someone so bent on silence.

Perhaps she... no, she believed. She was and is and always will be the Immaculate Conception, perfectly in line with God's will.

How can he say she had the desire to say such a thing which is a fault in thought, borne of a disbelieving heart?

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

SouthpawLink

Our Lady, the Blessed and Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, was free from all concupiscence and actual sin, as well as from ignorance, all effects from original sin.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.
"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).