Why are many young women today afraid of being mothers?

Started by Geremia, November 17, 2020, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 21, 2020, 12:29:27 AM
And almost everything bad in the modern world comes from giving women rights, especially the right to vote. Yes, men gave them that but only after women convinced men. Just like Adam and Eve.

Eve committed 5 sins; Adam committed 8.  (Link not working now.) 

Acquiescing to persuasion does not excuse any of us, male or female, from sin.  Sure, I have no argument with feminism proceeding from women, who have pressured browbeat men into submission and shame (for being men).  But these women have also browbeat other women (by the way, speaking personally of a former period in my life) to conform to an artificial/unnatural social norm that many of us sensed was a betrayal of our natural strength and even a hatred of it.  When we came to our senses and rejected that arbitrary "new normal" (haha), we found ourselves trying to explain rationally and calmly to disapproving female acquaintances why we had rejected life in the corporate world for our true vocation. To them, we were, in our lifestyle that we had retrieved, "doing nothing."  That's because feminism is actually tied to cultural Marxism, as various scholars have pointed out, and Marxism is based on the model of productivity of the worker. (Marriage and motherhood being "unproductive.") Marxism is also tied into destruction of the family unit -- or at least making the natural family inert and irrelevant -- subordinate to the state.

Miriam_M

...of course there's a lot of concrete irony in the proposition that motherhood is "unproductive." 

james03

The problems of modern society are not due to capitalists, commies, jews, muzzies, or women.  The problems of modern society fall squarely on the Church.  We were supposed to unveil the Faitma Secret in 1960.   We have hard evidence, it's written on the darn envelope.  Why were Freidan and Steinham able to popularize "The Feminine Mystique" (ghost written by Marcuse?), MS. Magazine, and start NOW? Because the Church did not condemn them.  Why do we have abortion?  The Church did nothing.  Why are Biden and Pelosi able to claim they are Catholic?  You get the point.

Yes, there was a direct attack on society via Cultural Marxism.  But we've had heresies for 2000 years.  The Church combated them.  Not this time.

Never forget this photo.  Never.  Inside Obama is honored by Notre Dame.  Outside an 80 yr. old pro-life priest in handcuffs and a tag put around his neck.  Where was the Church?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

Quotewe found ourselves trying to explain rationally and calmly to disapproving female acquaintances why we had rejected life in the corporate world for our true vocation.
A guy I knew married a classic spoiled Southern princess who was probably the most catty girl I've heard about.  The guy was a masculine solid dude who was a good guy.  She chose well.  Her Daddy owned a very profitable business, so he brought him into the company.  It's one of the few times nepotism actually worked out because the guy was legit.  Anyhow, before they were married Holly was on campus and the girls were talking about their future careers.  The conversation went something like this (and imagine a spoiled Southern princess): "Why bless your hearts, but not me.  You think I'm dumb?  I'm sending my husband off to work, sleeping in, and then going to Lord and Taylor in my Lexus SUV to shop all day."  Which is why we love Holly.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Quotemany of us sensed was a betrayal of our natural strength and even a hatred of it.  When we came to our senses and rejected that arbitrary "new normal" (haha), we found ourselves trying to explain rationally and calmly to disapproving female acquaintances why we had rejected life in the corporate world for our true vocation.
By the way, good on you.

james03

Getting back to the OP, here's some of the brainwashing that young girls are exposed to.  (Note the token black femaile edge of photo).  The picture is absurd:

Maximilian

Quote from: Geremia on November 19, 2020, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: abc123 on November 19, 2020, 09:59:56 AMSo men and masons are responsible for women's poor decisions?
Wasn't Adam (partially, at least) responsible for Eve's?

No, St. Paul says just the opposite.

1 Timothy 2

11 Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to use authority over the man: but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed; then Eve.
14 And Adam was not seduced; but the woman being seduced, was in the transgression.
15 Yet she shall be saved through childbearing; if she continue in faith, and love, and sanctification, with sobriety.

Geremia

Quote from: Maximilian on November 21, 2020, 03:11:51 PM1 Timothy 2
14 And Adam was not seduced; but the woman being seduced, was in the transgression.
St. Thomas says this verse means Adam was not seduced first, by the devil:
Quote from: St. Thomas Aquinashe says, Adam was not seduced, i.e., first, because he was the stronger; but the tempter approached the weaker in order that the stronger be seduced more readily. [...] the woman was seduced by ignorance in the abstract, when she believed what the serpent said. But the man did not believe this, but was deceived in the concrete
If Adam hadn't sinned and only Eve sinned, Original Sin would not have propagated to their descendants (I-II q. 81 a. 5 "Whether if Eve, and not Adam, had sinned, their children would have contracted original sin?").

Bonaventure

Quote from: Geremia on November 17, 2020, 12:10:49 PMWhy does it seem so many young women today are afraid of being mothers?

(Some hate motherhood so much that they kill their own children, but that's an extreme case. A similar problem, but to a letter degree, seems more prevalent.)

Lack of good men. An absolutely horrible culture and society that stacks the deck against families. High likelihood of having a less than stellar childhood and family life themselves.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."