Catholic/Devotional tattoos showcase thread

Started by Arun, May 29, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

I started this one for people who like them to post and share examples of devotional ink that they have or have seen. for people who are opposed to tats can we please leave the debate for another thread and keep this one for the examples/images thanks.

i'll put a pictuire of mine in here when i am able to upload it.

here's some i've seen that i thought were nice.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Bernadette

Wow. That's a lotta ink. I actually like these. Wouldn't get one, but they're the nicest tattoos I've ever seen!
My Lord and my God.

Arun

Quote from: Bernadette on May 29, 2015, 06:25:21 PM
Wow. That's a lotta ink. I actually like these. Wouldn't get one, but they're the nicest tattoos I've ever seen!

Yep these ones stood out to me when i saw them, which is why i posted them itt. there's a Serbo/Croatian (Catholic) tradition of getting small crosses tattooed on the hands, especially the women, which i've always thought was really cool especially given the hostilities towards Catholics in some of those reigons.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

:lol:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

In the first picture why is St. Michael standing on General Zod from Superman II ?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Arun

Quote from: Greg on May 29, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
Here's mine.

Is that a sedevacantist tat bro?

Quote from: Greg on May 30, 2015, 12:09:29 AM
In the first picture why is St. Michael standing on General Zod from Superman II ?

yeah you get some funny looking devils in St Michael art. I got this one statue, it looks like St Michael is kerb stombing a baby...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LoneWolfRadTrad

dymphna17

Quote from: Greg on May 29, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
Here's mine.

There you have it.  The chair is empty.  Nothing more to be said.

I love that Blessed Mother tat.  Some people are so talented.  If there were someone who could do portrait that well around here, I'd certainly get one.  Haven't found anyone that good yet.  Saw an angel tat on a guy at the swimming pool that was incredible.  Asked him where he got it and he said it was just a friend of his.  It took 15 hours.  I can't imagine sitting that long.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 30, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
[snip]
Saw an angel tat on a guy at the swimming pool that was incredible.  Asked him where he got it and he said it was just a friend of his.  It took 15 hours.  I can't imagine sitting that long.

Yikes! I thought those huge tattoos were done in stages?
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Quote from: Bernadette on May 30, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
[snip]
Saw an angel tat on a guy at the swimming pool that was incredible.  Asked him where he got it and he said it was just a friend of his.  It took 15 hours.  I can't imagine sitting that long.

They are. My longest session ever was about 8 hours, if I recall correctly. It was fairly rough going by the end.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

Quote from: Gardener on May 30, 2015, 03:14:04 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on May 30, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
[snip]

They are. My longest session ever was about 8 hours, if I recall correctly. It was fairly rough going by the end.
lots to offer up to the souls in purhhatory
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica