Started by Heinrich, September 09, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 06, 2020, 01:58:03 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on November 06, 2020, 10:03:37 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 01, 2020, 07:13:40 PM
Quote from: Daniel on November 01, 2020, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 01, 2020, 04:16:33 PM
That I am in a pronounced and clearly atheist, evolutionist prioritising, and ethically kaleidoscopic bureaucracy, ie a public school is troublesome to me, for sure.

I believe somebody already suggested this, but what about finding a job at a Catholic school? (An authentically-Catholic school, administrated by traditionalists. Perhaps one of the SSPX schools, or even one of the FSSP schools, or an unaffiliated school.) Though I can't say that there are many such jobs out there (I've been trying since the beginning of summer to find a teaching position for the 2020-2021 school year, and still haven't found any. It might be easier for you though, as your resume has more content than mine. But it probably also doesn't help that we're already two months into the school year. Unless some teacher unexpectedly becomes incapacitated, there likely won't be any openings until next fall).

If I get canned I am done with teaching. I'll work for UPS or something.

Blue collar America is much better than white collar.  I went to college to be a history teacher, and immediately saw teaching is about anything but teaching, and got out of that.  I still hoped for some sort of professional white collar work, and had an office job for 9 months, and hated it.  Now I work in a cheese packing plant operating equipment in the warehouse and making damned good money and coworkers that are for the most part good blokes, while not having to deal with the libtards that congregate in the "professions."  Come join us!

What kind of equipment do you operate? What training did you need for that? I am raising a bunch of boys here, and I am not to hot on college/uni so I am trying to be ready. :)

Thank you for any advice/answer

Forklifts mostly, but we also use "double reach trucks" which have tines that scissor out, so to speak, to put pallets 2 deep in racks, not overly common, and rather interesting to use because you are operating blind lots of times.  Any workplace that uses this equipment will train you, its literally watching some safety videos and driving it while a supervisor watches.  I drove farm equipment so I picked it up without a problem.  If you can find your sons some sort of landscaping job part time, that would provide good experience.  Forklift operators generally make good pay and are in demand.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

james03

H.,

If you go blue collar you will triple your salary.  You need to do research and acquire skills.  One credential widely used is OSHA 10.  It is available online.  It is not free however.

I think you need to buy time at this point.  Contact a Catholic lawyer and find out your EEOC protections.  The key phrase is "reasonable accommodation".

Since you likely have an IQ above 100, and work out, you'd move up quick in blue collar, BUT you have to start at the bottom.  A lot easier for an 18 year old single dude.

Another option, if you have time, is get an accounting degree with Governor's Western University.  They are accredited.  Staff accountants make around $60K and get benefits.

If this passes, just remember how exposed you are as a public school teacher and work your side hussles and get training.  My buddy started with a pick up truck and a honda pressure washer.  My plant was one of his first customers.  He now has at least (2) equipment yards equipped with vacuum trucks, hydroblast rigs, etc... and is a multi millionaire.  Blue colllar.

(2) options:  Find someone local that can get you a service contract at a plant.

2.  Take advantage of the barren, single millennial women who own homes.  Clean their gutters.  Do on-site oil changes.  Stuff like that.  Make sure you have a credit card app on your phone to bill them on site.  If you can work "fur-babies" into it somehow, you'll make bank.  Put "Fur Baby Friendly" on your website.  Also, if you can speak spanish, run illegals to expand.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on November 08, 2020, 11:37:06 AM
H.,

If you go blue collar you will triple your salary.  You need to do research and acquire skills.  One credential widely used is OSHA 10.  It is available online.  It is not free however.

I think you need to buy time at this point.  Contact a Catholic lawyer and find out your EEOC protections.  The key phrase is "reasonable accommodation".

Since you likely have an IQ above 100, and work out, you'd move up quick in blue collar, BUT you have to start at the bottom.  A lot easier for an 18 year old single dude.

Another option, if you have time, is get an accounting degree with Governor's Western University.  They are accredited.  Staff accountants make around $60K and get benefits.

If this passes, just remember how exposed you are as a public school teacher and work your side hussles and get training.  My buddy started with a pick up truck and a honda pressure washer.  My plant was one of his first customers.  He now has at least (2) equipment yards equipped with vacuum trucks, hydroblast rigs, etc... and is a multi millionaire.  Blue colllar.

(2) options:  Find someone local that can get you a service contract at a plant.

2.  Take advantage of the barren, single millennial women who own homes.  Clean their gutters.  Do on-site oil changes.  Stuff like that.  Make sure you have a credit card app on your phone to bill them on site.  If you can work "fur-babies" into it somehow, you'll make bank.  Put "Fur Baby Friendly" on your website.  Also, if you can speak spanish, run illegals to expand.

Thanks. I will look into both the OSHA 10 and the side jobs. Great advertising quip, btw. I do like animals. I understood much Spanish a few years ago, but since I moved from the SW it has certainly waned. Not into office work, but I am at least very interested in Comp TIA certs. Could probably pass 1101 with about a 15 hour crash review. We'll see. Overall I like my job until Friday afternoons when I grade tests or quizzes.  :censor: :madsmiley: :rant:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Christe Eleison

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Jayne on September 09, 2020, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 09, 2020, 03:03:13 PM
I am not going to do it. No way. This child is in my homeroom and will not be addressed by the new name from her homeroom teacher. Otherwise my "Male and Female He created them" bumper sticker is nothing but a pose and I am a weakling.

This sounds like your conscience has already reached a conclusion.  You are morally obliged to follow your conscience.

:pray3:

:pray2: :pray3:

abc123

Quote from: Heinrich on November 08, 2020, 12:08:01 PM
H.,

Thanks. I will look into both the OSHA 10 and the side jobs. Great advertising quip, btw. I do like animals. I understood much Spanish a few years ago, but since I moved from the SW it has certainly waned. Not into office work, but I am at least very interested in Comp TIA certs. Could probably pass 1101 with about a 15 hour crash review. We'll see. Overall I like my job until Friday afternoons when I grade tests or quizzes.  :censor: :madsmiley: :rant:

You mention Comp TIA so I assume you have at least a passing familiarity with IT.

I have been in IT for 20 years. Started doing desktop before working my way up to service desk manager and eventually a Cisco network engineer. 4 years ago I began working on an ITSM platform known as Service Now. I decided to learn it front and back and achieved my admin certification. I now have a very good job as the sole admin for my companies platform. I work for a biopharmaceutical company.

In 4 years I doubled my salary simply by moving away from networking and into this niche of IT. I had no previous development experience, just a determination to learn. Most jobs are now remote in this field if that appeals to you.

You can also work on a free instance of servicenow to get going with the basics.

https://developer.servicenow.com/dev.do

If interested feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to assist in any way I can.

christulsa

H, you're gonna want to go for a white collar job. Key is developing your calling, finding a non-toxic open work culture, and achieving a pre-capitalist work-life balance. Get a quick online associates in LGBTQ studies to update your resume. Develop a lisp.

Heinrich

Quote from: abc123 on November 16, 2020, 11:33:53 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 08, 2020, 12:08:01 PM
H.,

You mention Comp TIA so I assume you have at least a passing familiarity with IT.

I have been in IT for 20 years. Started doing desktop before working my way up to service desk manager and eventually a Cisco network engineer. 4 years ago I began working on an ITSM platform known as Service Now. I decided to learn it front and back and achieved my admin certification. I now have a very good job as the sole admin for my companies platform. I work for a biopharmaceutical company.

In 4 years I doubled my salary simply by moving away from networking and into this niche of IT. I had no previous development experience, just a determination to learn. Most jobs are now remote in this field if that appeals to you.

You can also work on a free instance of servicenow to get going with the basics.

https://developer.servicenow.com/dev.do

If interested feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to assist in any way I can.

Thanks! Look for PM from me in a day or two.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

GiftOfGod

If you're working in the public school system, you made your bed. The only way to win this game is to assign all the student's desks numbers and call on students by desk number. Yes it is dehumanizing but it's the only way to keep your job without compromising. Besides, public schooling is dehumanizing anyway. It will be good training for them to be nameless Amazon, Inc. employees.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Lynne

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 16, 2020, 11:39:28 PM
If you're working in the public school system, you made your bed.

That's a little harsh. Public schools weren't totally evil when Heinrich began teaching...

QuoteThe only way to win this game is to assign all the student's desks numbers and call on students by desk number. Yes it is dehumanizing but it's the only way to keep your job without compromising. Besides, public schooling is dehumanizing anyway. It will be good training for them to be nameless Amazon, Inc. employees.

^^^ this

I work in IT and the evil is spreading there (obviously). A worse job is nursing. The evil that one is asked to do would make it practically impossible for a Catholic to do their job.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

If you're working in the public school system, you made your bed. The only way to win this game is to assign all the student's desks numbers and call on students by desk number. Yes it is dehumanizing but it's the only way to keep your job without compromising. Besides, public schooling is dehumanizing anyway. It will be good training for them to be nameless Amazon, Inc. employees.

Thank you for the morale booster.  There is no job anywhere on Earth nowadays that isn't separated from just a few degrees of acquiescing to depravity within the organisational structure. Even self employed, isolated, lonely, quirky, reticent, insular bunker trads such as yourself will at some time or another be given the choice to subsist within our economic infrastructure or starve.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Lynne on November 17, 2020, 06:26:20 AM

That's a little harsh. Public schools weren't totally evil when Heinrich began teaching...

They weren't? I wonder why Popes and Catholics have spoken out against sending children to them for a century.

Quote from: Heinrich on November 17, 2020, 04:12:23 PM
Thank you for the morale booster.  There is no job anywhere on Earth nowadays that isn't separated from just a few degrees of acquiescing to depravity within the organisational structure. Even self employed, isolated, lonely, quirky, reticent, insular bunker trads such as yourself will at some time or another be given the choice to subsist within our economic infrastructure or starve.

I'm going to say that most jobs don't require acquiesing to depravity. Look at the school plumber. Yes, he's supporting the public school system in a way but will he ever face a situation like OP's? Probably not. If someone is self-employed in San Fransicko and refuses to entertain tranny names, then yes, he'd probably starve. But move to Wyoming and that ceases to be an issue.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

diaduit

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 17, 2020, 08:35:20 PM
Quote from: Lynne on November 17, 2020, 06:26:20 AM

They weren't? I wonder why Popes and Catholics have spoken out against sending children to them for a century.

Quote from: Heinrich on November 17, 2020, 04:12:23 PM

I'm going to say that most jobs don't require acquiesing to depravity. Look at the school plumber. Yes, he's supporting the public school system in a way but will he ever face a situation like OP's? Probably not. If someone is self-employed in San Fransicko and refuses to entertain tranny names, then yes, he'd probably starve. But move to Wyoming and that ceases to be an issue.

I live in a small town in Ireland, my husband once had to price a particular product for two Gays and their new surrogate twins arrival from New York.. depravity is everywhere. 

GiftOfGod

Quote from: diaduit on November 18, 2020, 01:45:40 AM
I live in a small town in Ireland, my husband once had to price a particular product for two Gays and their new surrogate twins arrival from New York.. depravity is everywhere.

I know that it is everywhere. My point is that in Wyoming you can freely tell people that you won't serve them for religious reasons and not be socially or legally sanctioned. Do that in San Francisco? You will get tarred, feathered, and starve.