What are you listening to now. Classical or Sacred.

Started by Albis, September 22, 2019, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Probably my favorite Brahms piece.  Intermezzo in A op 118 no 2. 

Radu Lupu:  Pianist

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4Re5WBEAc[/yt]

Philip G.

This female Spanish guitarist transcribed a holy week march song for guitar.  Here are her words from the video description.  Music begins at minute 4:00 -

Good afternoon!

Today I want to perform for you my favorite marsch of Holy Week, it's a funeral march and it's been the most difficult transcription I've made for guitar, with all my love! In Seville Holy Week is unique and this year I'm so sad that we won't be able to celebrate it because of the quarantine, but I didn't want to pass through it without carrying Holy Week to your home and without celebrating it our own way. This march originally premiered in a Palm Sunday of 1918, and that's why I wanted to premier this arrangement for guitar on Palm Sunday too, this time of the year 2020. Hope you love it, you can subscribe my channel if you feel like it, comment how you felt, like and share with friends if you liked it!

Huge hugs from Seville??

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Bernadette

Bach's unaccompanied cello suites, performed by Yo-Yo Ma.
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

A Mass stream, with some sort of organ, sounds something like a postlude, but some candles are being lit.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Miriam_M

Gerard

Liszt's piano solo transcription of Schubert's song "Auf dem Wasser zum Singen."

Beautiful playing by Irina Lankova

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDH1ZqS1gEQ[/yt]

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis