Material Heretics Might Not Be Members of the Church

Started by Geremia, July 28, 2014, 03:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

If someone believes in Christ, and that He established the Catholic Church as His Church, and is willing to conform his beliefs to this Church, then in areas where he is in error (and not in revolt), he is said to have implicit Faith, and is therefore Catholic.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Sbyvl36

Quote from: james03 on September 09, 2014, 06:18:18 PM
If someone believes in Christ, and that He established the Catholic Church as His Church, and is willing to conform his beliefs to this Church, then in areas where he is in error (and not in revolt), he is said to have implicit Faith, and is therefore Catholic.

That's called material heresy, and you are correct.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.