Collection of Catholic imagery, videos, and pictures

Started by Kaesekopf, January 15, 2013, 08:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Below are a collection of different forms of Catholic media.

This is a clip from the 1950s movie "Embezzled Heaven."  This particular clip shows an actual general audience with Pope Pius XII. 
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s1S9kvnwaeE[/yt]

http://hallowedground.wordpress.com/
This place had great content, but it "closed" a few years back.

This is a video of Pope Pius XII giving an address to a group from the British Army.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYjHV_e4RU[/yt]

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

I was just watching a movie, and I was impressed by the blatant Catholicism...

Can't remember.

This is from a movie that was pretty bad, and I don't recommend.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPjcBl48dwU[/yt]
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

LongfellowDeeds

I noticed that the Austrian film about Princess Elizabeth from the 50s also included an awful recording of the A------ Chorus* from Handel's "Messiah" on the soundtrack.

Why were Austrians in the 50s obsessed with this piece of music? It's not even Austrian! Couldn't they use something from the Haydn Brothers or (Heaven forbid) Mozart instead of this tired old cliche?

*Can't type the word since it's after Septuagesima.
I believe in the Resurrection of the Thread.

"The USCCB needs more Cojones and less Mahoneys."
-- C. Austermann

"Vice is a monster of so frightful mien. As to be hated needs but to be seen; Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face, We first endure, then pity, then embrace." -- Alexander Pope

"A woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all." -- Samuel Johnson

"Who am I to budge?" -- Future Better Pope

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Bonaventure

INPEFESS

This is a little more modern, but it's great for showing off the Catholic Faith.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTYpZ4kIg3Y[/yt]
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Christknight104

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 15, 2013, 08:51:11 PM

A clip of a procession from "The Cardinal."[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNqGgdwmyM[/yt]

The Episcopal Consecration Scene from the same film:

[yt]atccCW77Oaw[/yt]

Oremus.

Domine Deus, Pater omnipotens, cujus praeclara bonitas est, et virtus immensa, a qua omne datum optimum et omne donum perfectum,? totiusque decoris ornamentum, benedicere, et sanctificare dignare hanc mitram hujus famuli tui Antistitis capiti imponendam. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. R. Amen.

Let Us Pray

O Lord God, Father Almighty, whose goodness is wonderful and whose power immense, from whom is every best and every perfect gift, the ornament of all beauty, vouchsafe to + bless and + sanctify this mitre to be placed on the head of this Prelate Thy servant. Through Christ Our Lord. R. Amen.

Imponimus, Domine, capiti hujus Antistitis et agonistae tui galeam munitionis et salutis, quatenus decorata facie, et armato capite, cornibus utriusque Testamenti terribilis appareat adversariis veritatis; et, te ei largiente gratiam, impugnator eorum robustus exsistat, qui Moysi famuli tui faciem ex tui sermonis consortio decoratam, lucidissimis tuae claritatis ac veritatis cornibus insignisti: et capiti Aaron Pontificis tui tiaram imponi jussisti. Per Christum Dominum? nostrum. R. Amen.

We, O Lord, place on the head of this Thy bishop and champion, the helmet of protection and salvation, so that his face being adorned and his head armed with the horns of both testaments, he may seem terrible to the opponents of truth, and through the indulgence of Thy grace may be their sturdy adversary, Thou Who didst mark with the brightest rays of Thy splendor and truth the countenance of Moses Thy Servant, ornamented from his fellowship with Thy word : and didst order the tiara to be placed on the head of Aaron thy high priest. Through Christ Our Lord. R. Amen.

Christknight104

Austrian Royal Wedding - Vienna, Kingdom of Austria | Wien, Kaiserreich Österreich

From the 1955 film Sissi, the first of a trilogy which chronicles the life of Empress Elisabeth of Austria, who was the empress of the  great and Catholic Austrian-Hungarian Empire.
The music used in the Nuptial Mass( would you refer to this in technical terms as a Royal Nuptial  Pontifical High Mass, or is that just too redundant?) a German version of the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah.

[yt]8IErjmH0h4A[/yt]

Christknight104

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 15, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
This scene from Tosca is quite immeshed in Catholicism:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8cBrnvAos[/yt]

Another version of the Te Deum Scene from Tosca. It is very interesting that at the end, Scarpia kisses the cope of the Cardinal carrying the monstrance, which according to one of the video comments, is an Eastern practice.

[yt]G3lPxwct2sk[/yt]

Look at the splendid and magnificent copes on these bishops:

[yt]tgWW6o1y9xI[/yt]