Selective procrastination. Any solution?

Started by Greg, September 02, 2014, 07:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Sorry guys, this is not just a male trait.  I have the same tendency, and I know other women who do, as well.  Just this morning, I needed to sit down and look over my day and write and agenda with a few priorities of what needs to get done,as it's our first day back at school after first term break.  It would've taken 15 minutes, tops.  What did I do instead?  Printed and cut out all my vehicle insurance cards and covered them with clear tape.  Seriously, we don't even need hard copies.  They can be legitimately stored digitally on our phones.

Also, Greg, maybe if instead of your wife nagging you, you told her to tell you she thought it was a shame that you are so incapable of doing a particular task, that would get the job done more promptly ;)

Greg

The strange thing is that when I force myself to do the task I don't want to do I often forget about the original task I wanted to do more.

It is like there is some hidden force stopping me.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

MundaCorMeum

Yes, I can relate. I've come to the conclusion that it's called 'selfish lack of discipline.'  Imagine that....when you actually do what you are supposed to do, you think less of your self and your own agenda preferences.  It requires parenting your inner two year old, and telling yourself to just get up and do what you are supposed to do already.... To be responsible and do the right next thing.