Favorite OT Bible Stories?

Started by Bernadette, March 13, 2024, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TradGranny

Ever since childhood, I've loved the story of Noah. In our "grandchldren's room" we have several age-appropriate Noah's Arks.

Also, as an earlier poster mentioned, the Book of Job. God Almighty really told off Job and put all of us in our place. If God's plan is that we suffer, then we suffer. I've just gotten out of the hospital for the third time in six months, am still bedridden and continue to offer up my suffering in union with the suffering of Our Lord. What God said to Job helps, along with Our Lady's Rosary and (when I can get it) Holy Communion. I long to be able to attend the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Until then I offer up my suffering that I cannot.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

crossingtherubicon

Quote from: Heinrich on March 17, 2024, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: crossingtherubicon on March 15, 2024, 04:32:13 PMI often wonder what the pre flood world was like. 

Giants who built pyramids.

Giants born of fallen angels, going all throughout the world poisoning the human race, building pyramids and other advanced technology, seemingly to find a way back to the Kingdom of Heaven to ask for pardon.  Very weird times.  And different in advanced than modern society, but advanced nonetheless.  Then a flood came and wiped it all out and largely hid all the evidence of the advanced civilization from us and covered some of their most advanced areas with ice.

james03

Many, but when the men come to arrest Eliseus/Elijah and they get struck down.  Finally the last group cries out before hand that they were ordered to go there, and Elijah doesn't slay them.

Quote from: 4Kings110 And Elias answering, said to the captain of fifty: If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee, and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him, and the fifty that were with him. ...
 14 Behold fire came down from heaven, and consumed the two first captains of fifty men, and the fifties that were with them: but now I beseech thee to spare my life.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

crossingtherubicon

Anne Catherine Emmerich said the giants could carry huge boulders up mountains.  Think of all the time and wonder by scientists spent contemplating how the pyramids were built, and if its that simple of an explanation.  She also said it was an incredibly wicked time.

"I saw Cain's descendants becoming more and more godless and sensual. They settled further and further up that mountain ridge where were the fallen spirits. Those spirits took possession of many of the women, ruled them completely, and taught them all sorts of seductive arts. Their children were very large.

They possessed a quickness, an aptitude for everything, and they gave themselves up entirely to the wicked spirits as their instruments. And so arose on this mountain and spread far around, a wicked race which by violence and seduction sought to entangle Seth's posterity likewise in their own corrupt ways. Then God declared to Noe His intention to send the Deluge. During the building of the ark, Noe had to suffer terribly from those people.

I have seen many things connected with the race of giants. They could with ease carry enormous stones high up the mountain, they could accomplish the most stupendous feats. They could walk straight up trees and walls just as I have seen others possessed by the devil doing. They could effect the most wonderful things, they could do whatever they wished; but all was pure jugglery and delusion due to the agency of the demon. It is for that reason that I have such horror of every species of jugglery and fortunetelling. These people could form all kinds of images out of stone and metal; but of the knowledge of God they had no longer a trace. They sought their gods in the creatures around them. I have seen them scratch up a stone, form it into an extravagant image, and then adore it. They worshipped also a frightful animal and all kinds of ignoble things. They knew all things, they could see all things, they were skilled in the preparing of poisons, they practiced sorcery and every species of wickedness. The women invented music. I saw them going around among the better tribes trying to seduce them to their own abominations. They had no dwelling houses, no cities, but they raised massive round towers of shining stone. Under those towers were little structures leading into great caverns wherein they carried on their horrible wickedness. From the roofs of these structures, the surrounding country could be seen, and by mounting up into the towers and looking through tubes, one could see far into the distance. But it was not like looking through tubes made to bring distant objects into view. The power of the tubes to which I here allude, was effected by satanic agency. They that looked through them could see where the other tribes were settled. Then they marched against them, overcame them, and lawlessly carried all before them. That same spirit of lawlessness they exercised everywhere. I saw them sacrificing children by burying them alive in the earth. God overthrew that mountain at the time of the Deluge.

Henoch, Noe's ancestor, opposed that wicked race by his teachings. He wrote much. Henoch was a very good man and one very grateful to God. In many parts of the open fields, he raised altars of stone and there the fruits of the earth flourished. He gave thanks to God and offered sacrifice to Him. Chiefly in his family was religion preserved and handed down to Noe. Henoch was taken up to Paradise. There he waits at the entrance gate, whence with another (Elias) he will come again before the last day."