Scott Hahn and God's Covenant with Israel

Started by Gottmitunsalex, January 20, 2013, 03:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

Quote from: INPEFESS on January 21, 2013, 06:39:52 AM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on January 20, 2013, 05:51:49 PM
Hahn is a Protestant always was always will be. Has anyone read his works? I have. I am convinced that if Vatican II would not have for lack of a better word protestantized the Church he would never have "converted." Just read what he has to say about the TLM.

I don't mean to accuse you, but I thought we were forbidden from reading the works of heretics.

I used to be a NOtard.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Elliott on January 21, 2013, 03:44:09 AM
Hahn is a Protestant always was always will be. Has anyone read his works? I have. I am convinced that if Vatican II would not have for lack of a better word protestantized the Church he would never have "converted." Just read what he has to say about the TLM.

What does he say about the TLM?

I don't remember the exact wording but it was the usual. Stuff like it was to unknown to the people, a relic frozen in time that needed updating that stuff. He used to talk about how it was wrong to have it in latin with "the Priest facing away from the people" and then when Benedict came in with the "reform of the reform" idea advocating to those things he changed his mind. He's an ultra Montane tool.

He used to look like Ned Flander from the Simpsons too.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

dust

I agree. Being born and raised in the South, i see numerous converts, to include Permanent Deacons, who continue to carry alot of Protestant baggage. And they seem to not be bothered by that. Sad part is, many Cradle Catholics educated under the "New Catechism" are clueless to this.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Bonaventure

Most of the permanent deacons I know have been Filipinos.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Quo Vadis

Wow, 1st I find out the priest who did the Catholicism series is a liberal (already forgot his name - that's an accomplishment), and now I find out this about Scott Hahn.  You guys have saved me some money.  Thank you.
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Bonaventure

Quote from: bowmandj on January 22, 2013, 12:59:07 AM
Wow, 1st I find out the priest who did the Catholicism series is a liberal (already forgot his name - that's an accomplishment)

Richard McBrien, no?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

I think he means fr Barron of the video series.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.