Funny story

Started by Greg, September 18, 2020, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

My 4 year old rode over a dying bee today on his bicycle.  Over dinner my daughter was making fun of him for being a bee killer.  He has blond hair and blue eyes, so his older brothers and sisters mocked him as a "merciless little nazi" and "Hitler youth".  He's tough minded so he does not mind being mocked like this and we were all laughing.

Then I ask him how he killed it and he said.

"Cycle on bee".

True story.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

:lol:

This took a little longer to get but :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Frank

LOL

In the thirties  my mother had a once a week maid (Mrs White) who helped
her with the family washing.

I must have been about 4 when she commented on something I said:

"There's no flies on him."
I've always remembered it.

Well, there's certainly no flies on Cycle-on-bee boy.  :)
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Greg

You liked Garabaldi biscuits though.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Frank

Definitely - squashed fly biscuits - yummy
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

GiftOfGod

This post confirms (to outsiders) the perception that traditional Catholics are anti-Semites.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 11, 2020, 05:32:01 PM
This post confirms (to outsiders) the perception that traditional Catholics are anti-Semites.

Or rather we can take a joke and not have blue checkmark standards. 
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

GiftOfGod

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on November 12, 2020, 12:11:32 AM

You shouldn't be so flippant. Bishop Williamson, I think, set us back decades in the public's esteem with his Holocaust denial.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 12, 2020, 12:28:50 AM
Quote from: TheReturnofLive on November 12, 2020, 12:11:32 AM

You shouldn't be so flippant. Bishop Williamson, I think, set us back decades in the public's esteem with his Holocaust denial.

Yep, making jokes about a 4-year-old being a Nazi, and posting that story on an internet forum, is clearly identical towards a Bishop leader of the SSPX denying a genocide.

Also, spoilers: The public already hates you for being a Trad Catholic. A majority of Catholics today, at least in the East Coast in America, cannot comprehend the idea of being Catholic and being against gay marriage. Only 20% believe in the real presence.

I go to a Law School on the East Coast, and most (not all mind you) of the active, nominal Catholics in the Law School are on a whole another plane of existence compared to me. They can't comprehend my beliefs and existence.

In America, Catholicism, for the public, is nothing more than a cultural relic to say you are Irish or you are Italian and to shield your unhinged, sociopathic barbarity. Not a good kind of barbarity that makes one a man, but the childlike narcisstic kind.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

GiftOfGod

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on November 12, 2020, 01:41:51 AM
Yep, making jokes about a 4-year-old being a Nazi, and posting that story on an internet forum, is clearly identical towards a Bishop leader of the SSPX denying a genocide.

I didn't say that it was identical. I said that it confirms the belief of outsiders that trads are anti-Semites. Don't be snarky; it's a very feminine trait.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 12, 2020, 01:44:33 AM

I didn't say that it was identical. I said that it confirms the belief of outsiders that trads are anti-Semites. Don't be snarky; it's a very feminine trait.

You blaspheme the Saints, who could be quite snarky. See St. John Vianney, St. Thomas More, Pope St. Pius X, etc.

And I argue that no, it doesn't. It confirms that the trads are genuine and blunt people, not needing to serve the wits of the contemporary world by means of a superficial kindness and corporate plastic smile.

Heinrich

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 12, 2020, 01:44:33 AM

Acquiescing to the Holocaust lie is simply preposterous!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Daniel

james03

QuoteI didn't say that it was identical. I said that it confirms the belief of outsiders that trads are anti-Semites.

Soft men make bad times.
Bad times make hard men.

More and more we don't care what "outsiders" think.  Let them convince us that they are not anti-Christian or anti-White.  I'll listen to that.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Non Nobis

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 20, 2020, 02:49:49 PM
:lol:

This took a little longer to get but :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh, I only just got it reading it again now  :P
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!