Is it a sin to go to an Anglican church and genuflect?

Started by Warwick, January 11, 2020, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 19, 2020, 07:09:22 PM
Quote from: Gardener on January 11, 2020, 08:09:06 PM
Are you talking about Anglican use, a la the Ordinariate or actual Anglicans?

If the former, yes you should genuflect since they reserve the Blessed Sacrament.

If the latter, actual Anglicans, you should not genuflect toward mere bread. Might as well genuflect every time you pass a Dunkin Donut shop. At least their bread has frosting.

I needed a good laugh today

Brother, you and me both.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Warwick

Quote from: Maximilian on January 18, 2020, 09:11:55 PM
"Old" St. John the Evangelist church in Silver Spring offers weekly (indult) Latin Mass.
https://dclatinmass.com/locations/maryland/silver-spring-tlm-congregation/
(It's important to insist on "Old" since there is a new church that is a typical abomination.)

From the outside at least it looks just like the aesthetic you are seeking. I cannot find any photos of the interior.

Thats my church, it has medieval stained glass windows as well which is rare. its usually victorian

To fill my need for Gothic churches, ive been calling parishes about Adoration. Im hoping that will cure me.

Warwick

Quote from: Santantonio on January 19, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
It would seem you're more concerned with theatre and less with validity, if you're going to Anglican services
outside of a required social obligation, that's not Ordinariate, that is illicit.
Novus Ordo masses are not illicit unless you're a Sedevacantist, which is a personal conclusion, evidently you're not,
because you're talking about going to Anglican "masses"...  :huh:
Yeah, I havent gone yet. Im doing all I can to enjoy the Gothic churches we have. Ive been calling parishes about adoration, it would do me a lot of good to be in a Gothic church more surrounded by the Lord.  The theme Im etting from this thread is , its Normal to want to convert Anglicans but it wouldnt be smart in certain setting as it come across wrong.

I heard a rumor the Anglican ordinarite discourages the use of latin mass is that true? Ive been to an Anglican use mass and it was gorgoues but Latin is my home. Also As a chaste single man its weird that they dont have to be chaste and can be married with children.

Maximilian

Quote from: Warwick on January 28, 2020, 08:06:39 AM
Thats my church, it has medieval stained glass windows as well which is rare. its usually victorian

From the outside, it almost looks more romanesque to me. Lots of stone and few windows.

John Updike (of all people) wrote an essay on why churches need to be dark, and why you can't really pray in a white-washed New England chapel with clear windows.

Warwick

No not at all its proper Gothic and the windows have a rainbow reflection its gorgoues. Its a well lit church aswell. I will see if I can get pictures.

Warwick

If the former, yes you should genuflect since they reserve the Blessed Sacrament.

If the latter, actual Anglicans, you should not genuflect toward mere bread. Might as well genuflect every time you pass a Dunkin Donut shop. At least their bread has frosting.
If They parish I go to teaches the real presensce, is there Eucharist Still invalid? Its an Anglo Catholic Church.

Warwick

Great news I found out that Saint Rita a Latin Mass parishin Alexandria, VA has two week evening Masses. Its a gorgoues Church and I think it will do a lot to cure me.

Just Sunday isnt enough for me.

Gardener

Quote from: Warwick on February 04, 2020, 06:28:30 AM

If They parish I go to teaches the real presensce, is there Eucharist Still invalid? Its an Anglo Catholic Church.

Teaching != having. If they are Anglican-proper and not Ordinariate, they don't HAVE the Real Presence because they don't have valid orders.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

christulsa

Warwick

I went to Saint Rita last night and it was gorgoues, church looked straight out of Medieval England. Glad to find Latin Mass during week evenings. I was glad to recieve the real Eucharist.

Maximilian

Quote from: Warwick on February 05, 2020, 09:59:07 AM
I went to Saint Rita last night and it was gorgoues, church looked straight out of Medieval England. Glad to find Latin Mass during week evenings.

Photos on-line look like normal church. Nothing gives me the impression of "Medieval England."

Warwick

Quote from: Maximilian on February 05, 2020, 10:09:51 AM
Quote from: Warwick on February 05, 2020, 09:59:07 AM
I went to Saint Rita last night and it was gorgoues, church looked straight out of Medieval England. Glad to find Latin Mass during week evenings.

Photos on-line look like normal church. Nothing gives me the impression of "Medieval England."

The church is Pure Gothic, I didnt see anything obvipusly modern did you? they have a NO Altar unfortunatly. But besides that.