"Generational healing/ Family Tree healing"?

Started by martin88nyc, April 06, 2018, 03:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Are these practices catholic in any way? I read many opinions but it seems like another innovation.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Gardener

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 06, 2018, 03:16:52 PM
Are these practices catholic in any way? I read many opinions but it seems like another innovation.

I think you need to define what exactly you are talking about, perhaps with examples.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

martin88nyc

Quote from: Gardener on April 06, 2018, 04:28:30 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on April 06, 2018, 03:16:52 PM

I think you need to define what exactly you are talking about, perhaps with examples.
I don;t know. Just heard my friend told me that an exorcist priest does that in his ministry.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Gardener

Fr. Ripperger, a la generational spirits? Or the variant which came out a few years ago from Claretian priest Fr. Hampsch?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

St.Justin

https://dwightlongenecker.com/what-is-healing-the-family-tree/

Thus, the mercy of God can both pardon and heal the sinful hearts of our faithful departed ancestors, and heal us of the ill effects of any of their sins that we suffer from today. That is definitely part of what our Lord meant when He said to St. Faustina: "My Mercy is greater than your sins, and those of the entire world" (Diary of St. Faustina, 1485).

Robert Stackpole, STD, is director of the John Paul II Institute of Divine Mercy. His latest book is Divine Mercy: A Guide from Genesis to Benedict XVI (Marian Press). Got a question? E-mail him at questions@thedivinemercy.org.
http://www.thedivinemercy.org/news/The-Sins-of-Our-Ancestors-3642

this stuff seems way off base to me. They seem to be equating praying for the poor souls in Purgatory with this weird stuff. It sounds almost like the Mormons Baptizing their ancestors.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Gardener on April 06, 2018, 08:34:01 PM
Fr. Ripperger, a la generational spirits? Or the variant which came out a few years ago from Claretian priest Fr. Hampsch?
I tend to believe it is the latter

Gardener

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 06, 2018, 08:57:39 PM

They're quite different, so until you can confirm which he was talking about, we're just gonna be spraying water in the wind.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on April 06, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on April 06, 2018, 08:57:39 PM

They're quite different, so until you can confirm which he was talking about, we're just gonna be spraying water in the wind.

Always piss downwind
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

lauermar

"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)