For the Russophiles

Started by Gardener, July 12, 2019, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2VuGlPSfBDFGKhxviv1Zg

Had this channel pop up and it has some neat songs.

Here's one:

[yt][/yt]

To be honest, it reminds me of shape note singing from the Appalachian mountains.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Mono no aware

.  This also has an Appalachian quality to my ears.  From the Old Believers, however, I prefer their chants.  There used to be a YouTube channel of what appeared to be a father and his son who performed Slavonic chant.  But I cannot find it now.  Maybe they "went Amish" and unplugged, or perhaps they said something that got them banned.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Philip G.

Quote from: Heinrich on July 13, 2019, 08:04:30 AM
[yt][/yt]

It sounds like it was stolen from "we will we will rock you".
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

gsas

Russophiles?  OK.  Let's bring all those shapely Russian girls to the USA for 90 days.  By the time their fiancée visas expire, they will all be 300 pounds like the Americans.  Then let's send them back.  Revenge of the west.  HEHE