Make America Believe Again...

Started by Innocent Smith, November 12, 2020, 10:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

As I predicted Trump will walk away with the biggest media empire ever.  It will be not only news we can use, it will be news that we can believe in to stomp down those dirty liberals.  I highly suggest watching Elia Kazan's quiet masterpiece of American "culture".  It's called A Face In The Crowd.  Enter the era of Lonesome Roads. 

Oh well, Trump won.  So congratulations.  You can all have a North Star in which to orient your mind. 

Scoop: Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

QuotePresident Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios.

The state of play: Some Trump advisers think Fox News made a mistake with an early call (seconded by AP) of President-elect Biden's win in Arizona. That enraged Trump, and gave him something tangible to use in his attacks on the network.

"He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it," said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump's intentions.
With loyal viewers and longtime dominance, Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch said on a Nov. 3 earnings call:

"We love competition. We have always thrived with competition. ... Fox News has been the number one network, including broadcast networks, ... from Labor Day through to Election Day."
Here's Trump's plan, according to the source:

There's been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
Trump's digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he'd aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.
Trump's database of email and cellphone contacts would be a huge head start.

Trump's lists are among the most valuable in politics — especially his extensive database of cellphone numbers for text messages.
Axios is told Trump may use vote-count rallies to undercut Fox.

"He's going to spend a lot of time slamming Fox," the source said.
Trump has increasingly complained that Fox News interviews more Democrats than it used to. He has needled the network by promoting other conservative outlets, including One America News and Newsmax.

"Fox has changed a lot," Trump said during the most recent interview he has given anywhere, with "Fox & Friends" on Election Day. "Somebody said: What's the biggest difference between this and four years ago? And I say Fox."
"I'm not complaining — I'm just telling people," Trump added. "It's one of the biggest differences this season compared to last."
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

King Wenceslas

Fox seems to have been all along a controlled opposition operation. Follow the money.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: King Wenceslas on November 12, 2020, 11:20:05 AM

Fox seems to have been all along a controlled opposition operation. Follow the money.

What opposition?  As a member of the media Fox is by definition controlled opposition.  And so, as it turns out, was Trump's Presidency.

As will Make America Great Again TV.  Maybe it will just be MAGTV.  That seems good.  And after all, I've been naming things my whole life.  I think that name has just enough potency, rebellion and just enough contemporary history to help us finally strike at the heart of the Demon. 

Got news for you all.  News you can use and beLIEve.  The Demon has to have a spear thrust into his core.  Watching and talking about him, as if you can do nothing, is his ultimate wish. 

For my orientation I will choose Jesus and his most holy Mother.  If I must, I will hunt demons.   

I think that's where we currently find ourselves.  Believe it or not. 

God bless. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Miriam_M

Slightly O/T: I wish Trump's slogan had been Make America One Nation Again.  I know you guys are cynics about plans and theories, but I maintain that there is a difference in party personnel and party priorities (practicalities vs. ideologies, for example), and that Trump is not just a different form of a Democrat. And that theme, above, became his theme at the end of his campaign, overtly.  He should have framed it better during the campaign, and from the beginning.  That was his fault, not the fault of the "Democratic" (totalitarian) party.

I know that my Democratic relatives perceive Trump as preferring a White America that excludes minorities from participation and ascendancy, as much as possible.  (They use the border wall as an example of that.)   They interpret MAGA as signifying a return to reduced opportunity for minorities, simply because the slogan connotes a previous state of the nation, without being clear about what date or dates that refers to, and what is defined as "great."

That doesn't mean that I think he deserves to be defrauded of an election, and even less that the electorate deserves that!  Just saying that he failed to define adequately what that slogan means.  That is, while he communicated it as economic and military greatness -- greatness of all of our institutions, actually -- the message that was received was sometimes ambiguous because it sounded as if the most important thing was that the powerful stay powerful (and rich). His inclusive message was insufficiently framed, i.m.o.  And that gave the already-hating media an ideal opportunity to sew hatred among minorities and white liberals and moderates.

Trump's share of the Black vote was 12% (even prior to correction of the current votes). That's an increase since 2016 and even since Obama, surprisingly. His share of Hispanics was 50%. But he needs to be much more clear about opportunity for the entire middle class if he hopes to define a movement.

He was perceived by a significant percentage of the population as representing an ideology of exclusion.  In fact, it is the Left who excludes.  On the Left, you're excluded, radically and definitively, if you want to learn about the entirety of American history, if you want safety in the streets, if you want to educate your children as you see fit, as parents, if you want to advance economically without punitive taxes, if you want to worship as the Constitution allows -- without persecution, if you are not a globalist (if you believe that a President and Congress should prioritize American needs over the ambitions of other nations).  This is a failure in communication.

So getting a new media platform will be a Pyrrhic victory if a winning message gets lost.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

awkwardcustomer

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: red solo cup on November 13, 2020, 06:27:43 AM
The last paragraph is priceless.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/us/politics/trump-feud-fox-debate.html

Can you please post the paragraph you mentioned above, it wants me to sign up. Thanks in advance  :)