Catholic Men! (Would've Posted to the Men's Forum but that Place is Dead)

Started by dellery, October 22, 2020, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on October 26, 2020, 11:12:41 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 24, 2020, 08:40:23 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 24, 2020, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 23, 2020, 03:28:56 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 23, 2020, 10:55:07 AM
Do some martial arts.  The conservative Christian type of man tends to flock to them from my experience

No. Don't do martial arts. Waste of time and money. Not applicable to guerrilla warfare. Learn how to use a pistol and a knife.

When did this turn into a thread about guerilla warfare???  And if that is the direction you wish to take, have you missed the reason why militaries still include bayonet and pugil stick training?  It makes the warrior confident in himself, that he can close with and destroy - or not destroy - his opponent.

[yt][/yt]

You have not made an actual reply.  I'm well aware of many phonies in the MA world, that does not discredit my original point.

Have you ever tried to use martial arts in a self defense or street fight? Have you ever had the deploy a knife or gun to defend yourself? Traditional martial arts don't teach these things, Bruce. I have been there and done that. Just say'n.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

drummerboy

I think you're missing my point entirely.  The thread is (mostly) about men being men, so to speak, and Catholic ones at that, and infiltrating society with our Catholicism.  I suggest MA as one of these ways, as conservative Christian men tend to attend these, and you turn into one of the most beaten dead horses on the internet.  Do you agree that Catholic men, on average, would benefit from a year of training at a boxing or MMA gym, for example?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Heinrich

No. Gay. Time, money  better spent getting fit and learning how to use firearms. If we weren't on the precipice of a hot civil war/persecution, I would say yes to your question.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

drummerboy

Quote from: Heinrich on October 27, 2020, 12:56:54 PM
No. Gay. Time, money  better spent getting fit and learning how to use firearms. If we weren't on the precipice of a hot civil war/persecution, I would say yes to your question.

And what do fighters do in a gym?  Learn to fight while getting in insanely good shape, two birds with one stone, that's efficiency. And gay?  A bunch of guys admiring their muscles in a gym isn't gay?  And sorry but you can't go around just shooting everybody that messes with you, hand to hand skills have their place, and actually improve shooting skills as many professional competitive shooters will attest.  It helped my wife out tremendously. 
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3XJxWwYx58[/yt]

Heinrich

Find me a high calibre COMBAT shooter who extols the bennies of martial arts in draw, position and shot placement. And your begging the question since most traditional martial arts, including queer maga, don't teach practical combat hand 2 hand. They really don't. Judo and my form of Jiu Jitsu--that I taught to Air Force Academy-- work the best. I would be happy to come to where you are and prove you are over confident. I won't flex, promise. Just flash and thunder.  ;D

drummerboy

red solo cup

Quote from: dellery on October 23, 2020, 05:12:46 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on October 23, 2020, 03:50:54 AM
I've been a cook in my parish's soup kitchen for the last 5 years and I can confirm that it's deeply rewarding work.
I was wondering dellery, have you heard about the Farmers to Families program? They can be a great benefit to your kitchen and town. They drive an 18 wheeler to designated spots and provide boxes that contain 8 lbs of vegetables, 5 lbs of meat 5 lbs dairy, a gallon of milk, fruit other goodies. All free to whoever shows up. No vouchers needed.

No, never heard of that, and will mention it to the lady who runs the kitchen. Thanks.
https://bangordailynews.com/2020/10/28/news/bangor/2200-usda-food-boxes-given-away-in-2-hours-in-bangor/
non impediti ratione cogitationis

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on October 23, 2020, 03:28:56 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 23, 2020, 10:55:07 AM
Do some martial arts.  The conservative Christian type of man tends to flock to them from my experience
No. Don't do martial arts.

On the contrary, 03 in The Book recommends learning a martial art or other combat style to develop Frame.

https://www.amazon.com/Catholic-Red-Pill-Guide-Men/dp/1708960694

I answer that, it is not either/or.  It is both/and.  In a fight, you need to know how to use your fists, as well as a gun or knife.  Therefore, learning a style of fighting is essential.

Answer to objections:  1.  Jeet Kun Do is one martial art designed by Bruce Lee for real-life hand-to-hand combat.   2.  We need to learn by practicing with other men, which is the OP's point about networking with conservative Chrisian/Catholic men, and engaging our atheistic society as men.  No man is an island.  3. Even more than the art of combat, a man needs to know how to be diplomatic to avoid an unnecessary fight; hence the need to develop the four sides of Frame, as discussed by 03.

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on October 29, 2020, 12:00:21 AM
8)

Let me walk back some of my fluff and eflex. We are on the same team and brothers in this battle at that. Let's both focus on the fight with the Rosary, Mass and Office. I apologize for the biffiness. We can do this together:

drummerboy

Quote from: Heinrich on October 29, 2020, 05:42:42 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 29, 2020, 12:00:21 AM
8)

Let me walk back some of my fluff and eflex. We are on the same team and brothers in this battle at that. Let's both focus on the fight with the Rosary, Mass and Office. I apologize for the biffiness. We can do this together:

Sounds good  :cheeseheadbeer:

drummerboy