Byzantine Empire and the Jewish Problem

Started by Ben, March 01, 2013, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dueSicilie

Quote from: RealJayneK on March 03, 2013, 08:01:24 AM
There seems to be some support for the idea that the way to solve the "Jewish problem"  is to make it illegal for them to hold important positions in certain sectors.

I do not see how this solution could work, given the premises that Ben and others seem to work from.  You have claimed that Jews are duplicitous and power-hungry parasites on Christian society.  Faced with the sort of laws you describe, they would simply hide their Judaism.  The situation would be like that of the Marranos in Spain.  The only solution to the "Jewish problem" which follows from your beliefs is that Jews must be rounded up and killed. 

This form of argument, by the way, is called reductio ad absurdum.  In this technique, one shows that following the opponents premises leads to an unacceptable conclusion.  But perhaps I should not assume that everyone considers this conclusion unacceptable.  Ben, could you please clarify whether you believe it is wrong to round up all the Jews and kill them.  If you do believe this could you also explain why.

No one is saying anything about killing them. Don't put words in our mouths.

Expelling Jews from a Christian society is not anything like murder.

And a solution to neo-Marranos would be simple, another Inquistion.

Jayne

Quote from: dueSicilie on March 03, 2013, 09:56:34 AM
There seems to be some support for the idea that the way to solve the "Jewish problem"  is to make it illegal for them to hold important positions in certain sectors.

I do not see how this solution could work, given the premises that Ben and others seem to work from.  You have claimed that Jews are duplicitous and power-hungry parasites on Christian society.  Faced with the sort of laws you describe, they would simply hide their Judaism.  The situation would be like that of the Marranos in Spain.  The only solution to the "Jewish problem" which follows from your beliefs is that Jews must be rounded up and killed. 

This form of argument, by the way, is called reductio ad absurdum.  In this technique, one shows that following the opponents premises leads to an unacceptable conclusion.  But perhaps I should not assume that everyone considers this conclusion unacceptable.  Ben, could you please clarify whether you believe it is wrong to round up all the Jews and kill them.  If you do believe this could you also explain why.

No one is saying anything about killing them. Don't put words in our mouths.

Expelling Jews from a Christian society is not anything like murder.

And a solution to neo-Marranos would be simple, another Inquistion.

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth.  I am saying that the logical conclusion of the claims made here about Jews is that Jews must be eradicated.  If they are completely untrustworthy and by nature parasites on society, then that is the only long term solution. 

So I am wondering who here thinks that is unacceptable to round up all the Jews and kill them.  It is a simple question.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

dueSicilie

Christian love prevents us from murdering them. The Popes have always firmly rebuked them and kept them under control to prevent their malice, but never attacked them.

voxxpopulisuxx

The jwish problem so called cannot be solved because they are the victors and hold nearly all the keys of secular and dare I say religious power. The only solution is direct intervention of Heaven. The church is is on the via delarosa. That being said ..like John the Baptist to Herod..we should never cease denounceing the perfidious chosenites...even if it means our head on a platter.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mono no aware

Quote from: dueSicilie on March 03, 2013, 12:19:34 AM
Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on March 02, 2013, 10:48:03 PM
This is some strong medicine you're prescribing, gentlemen.

I don't know.  Rag-picking is a pretty foul profession.  The arts should remain open to Jews, I think.  Marc Chagall, for example, was an excellent artist.

They'll use it to corrupt souls. It's inevitable. Expulsion is really the best option.

You wouldn't even allow them the arts?  What about Bob Dylan?  I think you'd have to have "old Bob," as Neil Young calls him.  Simon and Garfunkel were Jewish, too.  Had they been forced into garbage-picking, the world would've been denied The Sound of Silence and Mrs. Robinson.

Unless: perhaps you would allow Jewish musicians to at least do so some busking on the city streets.  In which case we'd still have old Bob, but instead of being the smiling, fresh-faced, puffy-haired lad on the Columbia record covers, he would've been a sad and grubby little guy in frayed tweeds, with a scruffy beard and earlocks, sitting on a curb with his guitar and harmonica brace, wondering how many years must some people exist before they're allowed to be free.  It would be kind of surreal.  You'd be tossing your quarters into the hat of a genius as you passed him by.

voxxpopulisuxx

Bob dylan is a genius like picasso...genius scam artists. Convince other that their lack of talent is actually a plus...and if you dont see their genius there is something wrong with you.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Ben

This form of argument, by the way, is called reductio ad absurdum.  In this technique, one shows that following the opponents premises leads to an unacceptable conclusion.  But perhaps I should not assume that everyone considers this conclusion unacceptable.  Ben, could you please clarify whether you believe it is wrong to round up all the Jews and kill them. If you do believe this could you also explain why.

One of the reasons people don't trust you is because you try to ensnare people who have Catholic beliefs about the Jews. This post is a case in point.

Killing Jews in self-defense is moral, but rounding them all up and murdering them is not the way Catholics have ever approached the Jewish problem. It's the way Jews have often dealt with their gentile problem though. As Mullins said, pogroms usually backfire on gentiles.

From history it's obvious that some states have successfully limited Jewish encroachments into positions of power more successfully than others.

The Byzantines, or East Romans, are worth studying on this issue.

voxxpopulisuxx

Ben its a futile exercise.....they won antichrist rules the world...only heaven can expell them now.

911!

Ben

I kind of agree with you. Their power does seem monolithic.

Greg

I deal with a LOT of Jews in my work and I have to say I like every single one of them.  I just checked my LinkedIn account to make sure this was correct.

My personal experience of them has been nothing but positive.  I tell most that I am a Catholic and a Traditionalist one at that.  Never had the slightest bit of hatred from them or nastiness about it.  Most respect the fact that I have a moral code and a large family.  Never had a Jew moan about me poisoning the planet either with my large family.  Secular non-Jews commonly do this or make a catty comment.

I grew up in the most Jewish part of London with the highest concentration of secular Jews anywhere in the UK.  Like Stamford Hill, without the ringlets and black clothes.

How many of you have had first hand bad experiences with Jews?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Ben

That's because you're Judaized. Most people are. Even I am to some extent. Though not enough to be pro-Israel.

My experience with Jews is vast. Though if it weren't I would probably know more about them. They are very charming one on one, just so long as certain subjects aren't breached like, "Should Jews have so much power?"

But their collective traits aren't very attractive.

Greg

Why have they let me make such a good living then?  Why not collectivize and replace me with one of their own?  They could easily do it.  Why let a practicing Catholic into their world to advise their firms and take their money?  That seems daft when they could get a nice Jewish boy to do it instead.

How do non-Jews get onto the boards of their companies?

I think most powerful people get pretty defensive when you suggest taking their power away.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

voxxpopulisuxx

Do you like the Jews so much that you offer to tell them about your Faith in Christ?

911!

Ben

Quote from: Greg on March 03, 2013, 02:15:14 PM
Why have they let me make such a good living then?  Why not collectivize and replace me with one of their own?  They could easily do it. 

And they do. That's why they're overrepresented at the higher echelons. Ever heard of tribal networking?

QuoteWhy let a practicing Catholic into their world to advise their firms and take their money?  That seems daft when they could get a nice Jewish boy to do it instead.

How do non-Jews get onto the boards of their companies?

They need a servant class and also perhaps they are not sufficiently powerful at this point in time to completely cut gentiles off from a slice of the pie. Perhaps they prefer a gentile after their own fashion to a Jew who is not. The more Judaized the gentile, the less problem Jews will have in allowing that gentile to enrich himself.

That you are pro-Israel, and appear to be feminist and PC on race tells me that you're perfect material for them.

Ben

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 03, 2013, 02:59:59 PM
Do you like the Jews so much that you offer to tell them about your Faith in Christ?

Good question.