Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

129. Conversion and freedom

The Holy Spirit helps us in faith as Paul says:
"In the same way, the Spirit too comes to the aid of our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit itself intercedes with inexpressible groaning. And the one who searches hearts knows what the intention of the Spirit is, because it intercedes for the holy ones according to God's will. We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." Romans, chapter 8, verses 26 to 28

To love God is first of all to welcome him into us. Paul tells us that there is a reality that we're going to live, whether we know Christ or not:
"The world in its present form is passing away." 1 Corinthians, chapter 7, verse 31b

This world in which we live, this world visible to our eyes will not remain. Our eyes will one day see the reality and the truth, as well as our forthcoming transformation, until then more or less successful, when entering into eternal life.

We go through life to learn to love one another, from Love. God's reign is near every person. Jesus invites us to continually convert in order to be as free as possible when we appear before him.

This doesn't mean to make ulcers and headaches with our faults, since we give them to Jesus. It simply means finding all the means to enter deeper into God's Love.

Let's not live in the regrets of the past with the memory of the wounds piling up and weighing down on our hearts. We have the right to live free from everything that assails and suffocates us.

It's important not to keep our eyes fixed on our faults, but to find ways to get rid of them, in order to approach God. Let's ask the Holy Spirit to help us find solutions, then continue to develop faith received from the Lord by letting us heal through Jesus.

Book: ... for Love
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

Jesus is tempted by evil, but not like us. He fights temptations for us; the temptation to move away from the Life and Love of God; the temptation of evil against God; the temptation of what distracts us from God and the temptation to possess what exists by repelling God.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

130. God Loves us

Sooner or later, and we may have heard it, we hear people who seem to have taken control of their lives. They will say things that seem to place them above God. The most fragile will often follow or begin to act or live like them.

The habit of evil, the one we no longer see in ourselves, leads others to turn away from good. All that's against God leads the most vulnerable to move away from him. May we not reject God. He is the one who Loves us.

Here is a striking example of an intermission during the broadcast of a major news station in the United States. A man is promoting for atheist people, paid by his association. He speaks for them and at the same time, he makes fun of christians. He initiates and strongly invites to become an atheist (although the "atheist" does not really exist), to deny their christian faith. He adds that he is not afraid of burning in hell. These are his last words.
May we pray for him and for those who could follow his ideal.

He turns people away from christianity. He also cuts the bridge between him and God. And what he says risks driving him where he doesn't wish to go. He doesn't understand what he is saying. He doesn't perceive the consequences of his words which block his way and that of others toward God.

Nobody wants to go to hell. But still his words are said. He is convinced of this lie and he risks driving away other people from God. What a bizarre setting! He has a great need to ask God and humans for forgiveness. Let's pray that his heart will open to the Trinity and to the recognition of Love.

Let's be careful with what we ask. We do not know how far we can get away from God and away from other people too. This has the effect of increasing evil in the world.

Let's pray that people, who develop an aversive feeling against God, that their hearts be touched and live a profound conversion.

Then let's give thanks to the Lord, once again, for all those who are truly embarking on the reality of perfecting of faith. Contrary to this last testimony against faith and against God, they allow us to see the manifestation of the Lord in their life. They simply make us understand, by their gestures and their attitudes, by their words and their writings that we need to continue our journey toward holiness!

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

131. To eliminate sins

If we let ourselves be trapped by sin regularly, and often the same ones come back, let's put them in order of priority, the worst ones first. Then, let's strive to eliminate them from our life experience.

We can decrease sugar consumption, stop wasting time, for example. The efforts we make to eliminate the small mistakes help us practice to deal with the bigger sins, later on. Also, they will have less influence, because they will not be supported by the smallest sins. We must never underestimate the smallest sins! They are vigorous!

Often it's just a bad habit. Let's replace it with a healthier one. We can also play tricks on ourselves. As we go, let's change our habit and move on. If it's the sugar-filled drink, for example, let's cut the pace and the amount with another healthier drink that will eventually replace it. These are ideas. You can find ideas that suit you better.

We propose above all to be creative, in order to eliminate as much as possible what can keep us away from a conversion to Jesus, then to keep us away from other unhealthy attachments. These are ways of getting closer to God. And for faith, for love, let's replace evil with a healthier, holiest way of being.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

132. Jesus with us

Jesus says:
"This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." Mark, chapter 1, verse 15

If the kingdom of God is near, we are also close to God. Very often, when we make a small mistake, we think we are very far from God.

But God did not move. He did not make this mistake for us and by us. However, he is right next to us. He remains close to us. More than that, he is in us. He Loves us and he wants us to be in him too.

The best way to remain holy is to realize everything with Jesus, to keep him close to us, everywhere, to include him in our research, our thoughts, our activities. In spite of the fault, any fault, let's return constantly to God.

Jesus will convert us if we invite him to be our Lord and Saviour. We can also invite him to make himself present in the lives of all the people around us, at work, at home, at school, in the parish church, at the grocery store, in our travels.

Keeping Jesus in our life guarantees us a simpler life, with an increase of peace and joy. Others will see and benefit from it.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

133. With Jesus or not

Whether we are with Jesus or not, the difficulties of life will arise and we will have to go through these trials. It's in fact much better to go through a trial with Jesus than without him.

How many times have we met a person in Jesus who walks freely through trials, while others who do not know him feel the weight of suffering that often seems insurmountable; suffering that is often linked to the past.

The difference is impressive. To live our trials without Jesus gives us the impression of being abandoned, alone. Then, the test becomes devastating.

To live our trials with Jesus is to grow in faith trusting in him. To trust Jesus is the sign of a healthy faith, despite the trials. So we will get better passing through the pitfalls of life.

When it's stormy and we still dare to go somewhere, when we arrive, we'll tell ourselves that we did well to go after all.
The storms of life are sometimes difficult. Of course, it's not always easy. With the decision to continue with Jesus, the road is more pleasant. Jesus opens the way.

We are getting there in faith. We are happy for every step we take. Only the decision to live the test with Jesus can free us to a great extent and at best from fear and evil.

We can say with the psalmist:
Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my saviour. For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, Lord. Psalm 25, verses 4 to 5a

We are passing through the trials of this world and we are worshiping more and more the Lord who keeps on being with us. The door opens in front of us and then we can share our conversion experience with others.

Let's live in joy as this world passes and savour true life in God. Let's receive and cherish the Love of God in us. May we appreciate all that God has already transformed in our life. Let's keep him with us and we will appreciate him more. He Loves us with infinite Love.
Why not try the experiment with Jesus? It will be the best decision we'll ever take, for life.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

134. From trial to grace

Paul reveals how to recognize the grace of God in people who are experiencing hardships:
"In a severe test of affliction, the abundance of their joy and their profound poverty overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part." 2 Corinthians, chapter 8, verse 2

We note that Paul did not say that God subjected them to "a severe test of affliction", but that they were "in a severe test of affliction". This "severe test of affliction" comes from them or other people, not from God.

This affliction is "testing" them. And there are trials in life. What characterizes the grace of God in these people is that "the abundance of their joy and their profound poverty overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part".

Of course it's not easy. But, in spite of the trials and sufferings, Paul experiences God's grace simply because of the abundance of the joy, the extreme poverty which characterizes them and which overflows "in a wealth of generosity".

They knew how to ignore their trials and let God's grace pass through them. This allows these people to let their distress turn into a tasty fruit of conversion. They need grace to not put their suffering back on others or on God. Grace transforms their way of life. This last passage is to be meditated often. It is quite impressive that by the grace of God we can increase joy, even during trial and suffering.

It's now impossible not to turn to Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and see in her, who lived in the midst of a time of trial, a life filled with a joyful and Immaculate Heart. She who let radiate the grace of God in her and whose radiance she received passes through all ages. (Magnificat, Luke, chapter 1, verses 45-55)
"The Love of God was revealed to us," 1 John, chapter 4, verse 9

also by the "yes" of Mary. This is what we are also invited to do. To receive, then radiate the grace of God. God's Love is manifested in shared love, in peace, joy, hope, prayer, etc.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

135. Listening to the Word

James tells us:
"Everyone should be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of a man does not accomplish the righteousness of God." James, chapter 1, verses 19 to 20

One of the practices that help us become better, through a life of faith in motion, is to slow down. Slowing down isn't necessarily laziness. Being slow to talk or get angry, for example, allows us to be more vigilant to the internal movement of our lives. Often, what is done in a hurry doesn't yield much result except in necessity and urgency.

It's an invitation to change lanes:
"Therefore, put away all filth and evil excess and humbly welcome the word that has been planted in you and is able to save your souls." James, chapter 1, verse 21

God's Word saves. Let's welcome the words of wisdom for the well-being of our body and soul:
The one who peers into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres, and is not a hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, such a one shall be blessed in what he does. James, chapter 1, verse 25

It's never a waste of time to welcome God and his Word, the Verb, into our lives. Let's practise everything God teaches us. We will reap the benefits. These fruits are to share.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

136. Before the Father

Paul offers us a moving sentence:
"I kneel before the Father." Ephesians, chapter 3, verse 14

We fall to our knees, we stop in our footsteps with Paul, because the Father's Love is eternal, infinite, quite simply. We fall to our knees to lower ourselves before the length, width and depth, before the movement of his Love.

We don't lower ourselves because we are oppressed or submissive by an overwhelming force, we do not lower ourselves because we are crushed by a proud person, by a selfish person.

We lower ourselves, because we recognize that the Father is all that we hope for, everything we dream of. It's all there is to it. We fall to our knees to offer ourselves to God, since we are nothing without him. We recognize it.

By going inside our heart, we have a multitude of reasons to give thanks to the Father. We are amazed in front of him.

In all humility, we also lower ourselves before Jesus who has lowered himself to come into the world and lead us to eternal life. Jesus also lowered himself to wash the Apostle's feet. And we let ourselves be Loved by the Spirit with a heart turned toward him, to receive him, to welcome him.

We lower ourselves before the Holy Spirit, we thank him because he is Love who is God and who unites humanity with him.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___