Question for Heinrich

Started by red solo cup, October 22, 2020, 03:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

I've been looking into the origin of the family name Ausbrook. I think aus means out and brook means brook but there isn't a whole lot of info. It would seem that its German and may have been shortened from Ausbrooks as many do when coming to America. I was wondering if this could be a Farm Name which Germans would sometimes take. The family name is connected to Ohio, I assume immigrants, and possibly to Scotland as well. Thoughts?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on October 22, 2020, 03:38:59 AM
I've been looking into the origin of the family name Ausbrook. I think aus means out and brook means brook but there isn't a whole lot of info. It would seem that its German and may have been shortened from Ausbrooks as many do when coming to America. I was wondering if this could be a Farm Name which Germans would sometimes take. The family name is connected to Ohio, I assume immigrants, and possibly to Scotland as well. Thoughts?

I just saw this, brother. At this time, this is the best I can do for you in a direct, transliterational way. A 'brook' is a 'Bach(masculine).' I have a friend whose last name is "Leinenbach" which would lead me to believe it originates from the craft of either a weaver or tailor. "Ausbrook," on the other hand, could mean any number of things. You are correct in that 'aus' as a prefix(or preposition) can mean out. This is what I utter to my Teutonic canines when they have a mouthful of my ass when playing. Or if they take my wurst off the platter. I'll sniff around and try to help you. Gotta go get a set of new white walls for the Yankee mobile(Ford Expedition).
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vetus Ordo

Ausbrook could be a phonetical English rendering of Ausbruch which literally means "break-out" or "explosion" but that stands for a kind of sweet wine produced in Austria and Germany.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.