Traditional Catholism for Dummies?

Started by Vanna Grace, September 08, 2014, 07:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Horse

I have 2 questions.....firstly, how does one respond to dinosaur bones and other fossils...I have answered in the past that it shows us that God has a sense of humor but I suspect this is not the definitive answer.

The second....when  Jesus rose from the dead and pottered about for 40 days before ascending to heaven .....what did He do? The latte cafe scene wasn't about then, so what did He do, do we have any insight into this at all.

It looks as if I am awake at appalling hours, but really it is Monday 1750hrs where I live.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Michael Wilson

Horse,
re. Dinosaur bones etc. The animals definitely existed. God created all the creatures on Earth, animals and life for that matter, does not arise from 'randomness' but from a creator with a definite plan and an end in mind.
Jesus after His resurrection, could have spent some of the time in Heaven, as He had no barrier to going there and coming back to Earth. No Latte bars, definitely.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Mystical Rose

If you are looking for some good books to read, I highly recommend the following books:
1. My Catholic Faith (Most Reverend Louis LaRevoire Morrow, S.T.D.)
This book is an excellent place to start when learning The Faith. It is simple and rich with information.
2. The imitation of Christ (Thomas A Kempis)
The imitation of Christ literally changed my life. It is such a beneficial book for the spiritual life. It is most helpful when it is read only one chapter at a time. That way you have time to reflect and meditate on what you have read.
3. My Daily Bread (Anthony J. Paine, S.J.)
This is a summary of the book "The Spiritual Life" it is truly food for the soul. The book is pocket size so you can take it with you just about anywhere. Each chapter is very short, but it is best to read this one Chapter at a time like Imitation, so the information really has time to sink in.
4. Butler's Lives of the Saints
If you can get your hands on this one do it! I have an abridged version, so the passages are short and simple but inspirational nonetheless!
I also advise you in your journey to stick with books that were written before the 1960's that have both a Nihil Obstat and an Imprimatur so that you can be sure that what you are reading has no obstacles to the faith, and so you can have peace of mind knowing that you are safe in the arms of Holy Mother Church. Be careful of getting your information from the internet as there are lot of opinions and misinformation out there that can lead people away from the Faith. It is always safest to read books approved by the Church! Happy reading!

Michael Wilson

On the "Buttler's Lives" stay clear from the revised text of Donal Atwater S.J. He systematically denigrates and de-supernaturalizes the saints.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

ubipetrus

The perfect "start here" book for all honest inquirers about the authentic Catholic Faith as founded at the beginning and sustained today by traditional Catholics. The when's, the what's, the who's, the how's, and most of all the why's, what when wrong, why it is wrong, how it went wrong, but far more important, what went right, the grand saga of the Church's survival of Vatican II up to 2019, and how can we all know for sure:

The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church

https://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-Roman-Catholic-Church-Traditional/dp/0595250181/
"O Jerusalem!  How often would I have gathered together your children, as the hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not?" - Matthew 23:37

pioflower

But doesn't the book of the apocalypse mention an unforgiveable sin?