Wonder what Father Zuhlsdorf means...

Started by Older Salt, September 23, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older Salt

Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

tradical

Probably referring to a tweet the Rorate is going to release something today.
P^3
Prayer
Penance
Patience

My Blog: http://tradicat.blogspot.ca/

Kaesekopf

Its a shame when the Catholics act like Jews in the media.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

All the Catholic media is sitting on a story. It's embargoed which means it can't be released until a specific date and time. Rorate always likes to brag that they're first with a news story. They were hyping the story on twitter but have since backed off.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

mikemac

Quote from: Older Salt on September 23, 2017, 12:35:32 PM
...by this
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2017/09/sunday-news/

Yeah in the last sentence Father Zuhlsdorf hyperlinks the word "it" and the link goes to the "Filial Correction" by a group of Catholic clergy and scholars.  This.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FGuFFkfrDvME5seVJ3TkhrRkU/view

By the way, the "Filial Correction" lists 7 heresies and includes Modernism.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

dymphna17

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 23, 2017, 05:14:05 PM
Quote from: Antoninus on September 23, 2017, 04:53:39 PM
This is the "big" news:

https://onepeterfive.com/catholic-clergy-scholars-issue-filial-correction-to-pope-against-propagation-of-heresies/
Not big tbh.

It'll be forgotten by brunch on Monday.

It may very well be ignored, but I don't think it will be forgotten.  You may be right that it will be forgotten by Monday, but Sunday is going to suuuuck.  Each one of those who signed that "Correction" will be made to pay, somehow.  It may not be that big a deal to most, but as Traditionalists, we understand the ramifications of what has been said.  We need to pray that he will take this seriously and set these things straight.  And we need to pray for everyone who signed this "Correction", to be able to withstand the initial um, storm that they will undoubtedly face when this makes the Catholic blog rounds, etc.   :pray3: You know that opinions are like, um, elbows, and everyone has a couple to spread on Face Book.  And they will go to the ends of the Earth to make you understand why you are wrong.   :lol: 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

This is the "big" news:

https://onepeterfive.com/catholic-clergy-scholars-issue-filial-correction-to-pope-against-propagation-of-heresies/
Not big tbh.

Does that mean you are going to delete the (at least) 3 or 4 threads that have been started related to this on S.D?  We won't forget!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 23, 2017, 10:36:00 PM
It may very well be ignored, but I don't think it will be forgotten.  You may be right that it will be forgotten by Monday, but Sunday is going to suuuuck.  Each one of those who signed that "Correction" will be made to pay, somehow.  It may not be that big a deal to most, but as Traditionalists, we understand the ramifications of what has been said.  We need to pray that he will take this seriously and set these things straight.  And we need to pray for everyone who signed this "Correction", to be able to withstand the initial um, storm that they will undoubtedly face when this makes the Catholic blog rounds, etc.   :pray3: You know that opinions are like, um, elbows, and everyone has a couple to spread on Face Book.  And they will go to the ends of the Earth to make you understand why you are wrong.   :lol:

If by "he" in "he will take this seriously" you mean Bergoglio, c'mon, you're smarter than this. 

The only cleric that signed that that surprises me is Fr Crean, OP.  Everyone else is either a parish priest or a professor, or protected in some way (or had run their mouth off before).

The only bishop signatory is +Fellay. 

I bet Francis threw this out as soon as it came to his desk.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 23, 2017, 10:42:38 PM
This is the "big" news:

Not big tbh.

Does that mean you are going to delete the (at least) 4 threads that have been started related to this on S.D?  We won't forget!

If only.  I was going to say "It's like people completely ignore muh rules," but I realize now I don't have a rule pertaining to that.

This admin is terrible.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 23, 2017, 10:42:55 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 23, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

If by "he" in "he will take this seriously" you mean Bergoglio, c'mon, you're smarter than this. 
I bet Francis threw this out as soon as it came to his desk.

Keep praying anyway... nothing is impossible with God. (But I have to admit I'm not holding my breath).
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!