So what will it mean? St JP2-St.John23?

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, January 22, 2014, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

If in 7 or 8 weeks time these two personages are proclaimed Saints....what will it mean?

I contend it can only mean a few things.

They are actually Saints
or

The choosing of saints is not infallible
or

The choosing of Saints USED to be infallible but since the NEW modernist process it no longer is.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Landless Laborer

For me, if it happens, it will mean they are indeed Saints.  I will accept it by faith. 

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Landless Laborer on January 22, 2014, 11:45:54 AM
For me, if it happens, it will mean they are indeed Saints.  I will accept it by faith.
Thats absurd my friend. IMO  You know who these men were...you know what they did and didnt do. They could not possibly be saints.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

GloriaPatri

The process of choosing saints has never been a consistent thing in the past 2000 years. Some of the things that are lacking now, like the devil's advocate, are of human institution and have only been around for less than 500 years. So either the process is not infallible, or they're saints, or the Rome of today is not the Rome of yesteryears but an impostor. Or perhaps, more unlikely, the Church is false altogether (though that's not a conclusion I'd ever come to).

voxxpopulisuxx

My concern is this...what if its a setup to finally undermine the authority of the Church .........there is great danger here....anyone picked out a catcomb yet?

911!

Gardener

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 12:47:37 PM
My concern is this...what if its a setup to finally undermine the authority of the Church .........there is great danger here....anyone picked out a catcomb yet?

I'm liking this one, personally. Looks like it could double as an ice scraper if my flight be in winter.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

VeraeFidei

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 11:38:07 AM
If in 7 or 8 weeks time these two personages are proclaimed Saints....what will it mean?

I contend it can only mean a few things.

They are actually Saints
or

The choosing of saints is not infallible
or

The choosing of Saints USED to be infallible but since the NEW modernist process it no longer is.
Or Francis is not the head of the Catholic Church.

Landless Laborer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 12:04:29 PM
Thats absurd my friend. IMO  You know who these men were...you know what they did and didnt do. They could not possibly be saints.
You gave us three choices.  I chose the least absurd of the three.  Either there are more choices, or we don't have all the information. 
My mentor in business used to say to me, when i was trying to explain some unsolvable problem to him: "First pour everything out onto the table."  There, he would find some key piece of information that was missing in my presentation, or that i didn't possess all of the facts.  There is something here we simply don't know, or something we misunderstand.  Time heals all wounds, wounds all heels, and unravels mysteries. 

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Landless Laborer on January 22, 2014, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 12:04:29 PM
You gave us three choices.  I chose the least absurd of the three.  Either there are more choices, or we don't have all the information. 
My mentor in business used to say to me, when i was trying to explain some unsolvable problem to him: "First pour everything out onto the table."  There, he would find some key piece of information that was missing in my presentation, or that i didn't possess all of the facts.  There is something here we simply don't know, or something we misunderstand.  Time heals all wounds, wounds all heels, and unravels mysteries.
I didnt say they were the only three choices they were the only ones I could think of. I lean twords the process of choosing saints has become corrupt like everything else in NOland.

911!

The Harlequin King

I can only conclude that, if they're really saints, the greater part of this forum is much ado about nothing. Koran kissing is NBD.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 22, 2014, 02:26:23 PM
I can only conclude that, if they're really saints, the greater part of this forum is much ado about nothing. Koran kissing is NBD.
Exactly...they might as well offer Ted Kennedy for sainthood.

911!

Landless Laborer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 01:42:47 PM
I didnt say they were the only three choices they were the only ones I could think of. I lean twords the process of choosing saints has become corrupt like everything else in NOland.
"For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."  This is a place where we must choose and pick our path very carefully, i think.   

I am reading, for the second time, The Way of Divine Love, the biography of Sr Josepha Menendez.  Here is a passage:
"Humanly speaking, one might expect that so luminously mapped-out a path, would have offered Josepha neither obstacles nor shadows.  This would be to forget God's ways with souls He has specially chosen:  He draws them, and then hides Himself - He attracts, then baffles them - He fills them with gifts, then leaves them to their native poverty.   He carries them in His arms, then allows them to fall back into their nerveless weakness.  These are the searching alternatives that confirm them in detachment, abandonment, and humility, and alone can convince the creature of its nothingness, placing the instrument passive and quiescent in His Divine Hands." 

Scholasticism resonates with my soul.  But one thing i learned from the Othoducks, as you affectionately call them ;), is not to expect everything to make perfect sense, given our wounded state.  These canonizations, if the occur, are one of those things. 

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Landless Laborer on January 22, 2014, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 22, 2014, 01:42:47 PM
"For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."  This is a place where we must choose and pick our path very carefully, i think.   

I am reading, for the second time, The Way of Divine Love, the biography of Sr Josepha Menendez.  Here is a passage:
"Humanly speaking, one might expect that so luminously mapped-out a path, would have offered Josepha neither obstacles nor shadows.  This would be to forget God's ways with souls He has specially chosen:  He draws them, and then hides Himself - He attracts, then baffles them - He fills them with gifts, then leaves them to their native poverty.   He carries them in His arms, then allows them to fall back into their nerveless weakness.  These are the searching alternatives that confirm them in detachment, abandonment, and humility, and alone can convince the creature of its nothingness, placing the instrument passive and quiescent in His Divine Hands." 

Scholasticism resonates with my soul.  But one thing i learned from the Othoducks, as you affectionately call them ;), is not to expect everything to make perfect sense, given our wounded state.  These canonizations, if the occur, are one of those things.
I appreciate that quote. But I am being humble when I say Our Lord could never consider them saints so I trust that Our Lord is allowing this because of the hardness of the modernist hearts.

911!

Bernadette

:shrug: I'll take it for what it says (or means, anyway): that these Popes are in Heaven.
My Lord and my God.