Men-only subforum? Signup here!

Started by Kaesekopf, July 24, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Quote from: verenaerin on August 11, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
The women's forum is extremely active. We have a couple prayer threads and some other regular threads that are on going. It's a great place to wallow around with your placentas.

It's truly excellent.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Heinrich on August 11, 2016, 05:43:25 PM
What is the point? No one ever posts there anyway. Gardener and I started gun threads. No interest. Nothing, really. Some jejune, cliched, and worn manly dork movement thread. Whooptee do. What are men? Meat eaters, strength and sport devotees, brews, tools, whiskeys and weapons, etc. All these things within the purview of our Faith is great. Let's talk about it.

I'm not really sure why it's not as active.  Perhaps the men who are a part of the subforum don't have much interest in posting?  Not really sure.  :shrug: 

Men probably do a lot better when they are able to be in a group/community, and do less well with the talking and sharing that women might excel at. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

Sharing your feelings with other men is unmanly. It's as simple as that. Sharing your feelings with women on the other hand, is easy. Hmm what to do?
A subforum where only women can read the men's posts, but not the other men. Problem solved. Your welcome.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

verenaerin

It's not about feelings. We have a husband appreciation thread, things you did today thread, dealing with hospitals and unethical things, problem solving difficult children situations, hsing, etc.

We are solving the world, man, solving the world!

Jayne

Quote from: Penelope on August 11, 2016, 09:19:06 PM
The women's forum is extremely active. We have a couple prayer threads and some other regular threads that are on going. It's a great place to wallow around with your placentas.

It's truly excellent.

The women's forum is my favourite part of SD.

If the men are not using their forum enough, they could try moving the threads there that the women don't want to see.  I bet we could come up with some suggestions.   :P
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Southern Ascetic

Where is the sub located, can't find it.

Maybe that's why

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Ascetik on August 12, 2016, 02:55:42 PM
Where is the sub located, can't find it.

Maybe that's why

Below SV Thesis

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Penelope

Quote from: Jayne on August 12, 2016, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: Penelope on August 11, 2016, 09:19:06 PM

It's truly excellent.

The women's forum is my favourite part of SD.

Ditto.

QuoteIf the men are not using their forum enough, they could try moving the threads there that the women don't want to see.  I bet we could come up with some suggestions.   :P

I sure could.  ;)

red solo cup

Quote from: verenaerin on August 12, 2016, 05:42:17 AM
It's not about feelings. We have a husband appreciation thread, things you did today thread, dealing with hospitals and unethical things, problem solving difficult children situations, hsing, etc.

I'm starting to feel inadequate.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

verenaerin

Quote from: red solo cup on August 13, 2016, 06:22:33 AM
Quote from: verenaerin on August 12, 2016, 05:42:17 AM

I'm starting to feel inadequate.

Good, you should.

jk,jk.

To be fair though, you men dominate practically the whole forum. There are a few females that post with the lot of you, but it is mostly male. So maybe a men's only forum is redundant.

Jayne

Quote from: verenaerin on August 13, 2016, 06:49:41 AM
To be fair though, you men dominate practically the whole forum. There are a few females that post with the lot of you, but it is mostly male. So maybe a men's only forum is redundant.

That's what I was thinking too.  While there are many men here who post while taking into consideration that there are ladies present (and I am appreciative of this) there are enough who post without regard to female sensibilities to give a certain tone to the forum.  We don't need a women's space, a men's space, and a common space if the common space already feels like a men's space in terms of subject matter and language.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

JubilateDeo

Maybe I'm just rough around the edges, but there aren't that many threads in this forum that seem overly "man-centric" to me.  There are some threads that seem to be dominated by mostly male posters, but many aren't and there are also a lot of prominent female posters.  As a woman, I don't feel like I'm in the minority here.  Other than that one circumcision thread, I can't think of anything that specifically relates to being male, whereas we have a lot of threads in the Mary Garden that specifically relate to being female. 

martin88nyc

I was told by Chestertonian to start a new thread  in a man only group. may I ask for permission to access that manly group.  ;) It's gonna be about overcoming sexual vices and desires, lust and anything of this kind plus the opposite virtues like modesty etc.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 02, 2016, 03:49:03 PM
I was told by Chestertonian to start a new thread  in a man only group. may I ask for permission to access that manly group.  ;) It's gonna be about overcoming sexual vices and desires, lust and anything of this kind plus the opposite virtues like modesty etc.

Added!

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33