Supreme Court to consider review of 15 week abortion ban.

Started by Xavier, October 29, 2020, 09:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

The reason we wanted Justice Barrett on the Court. The Supreme Court could consider a case that leads to overturning RvW rather soon. Please keep praying.

From: https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/522929-supreme-court-to-consider-taking-up-mississippis-15-week-abortion

The Supreme Court on Friday will consider whether to review a Mississippi law that bans virtually all abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, which could set the newly 6-3 conservative majority court on a collision course with the landmark 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade.

The dispute over Mississippi's pre-viability abortion ban also represents a major test for the newly confirmed Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who will have been on the court less than a week when the justices gather privately to decide what new cases to add to the court's docket.

The court could announce as soon as Monday whether it has agreed to take up the petition brought by Mississippi's Republican attorney general, which would offer perhaps the most important clue to date about the high court's direction following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Frank

Quote from: Greg on October 29, 2020, 11:38:08 PM
No world war.  Last day of October.
Thirty days hath September....

Tomorrow is the last day .
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Innocent Smith

What a victory this would be.  No more baby murdering after 4 months.

Be still my beating heart.

Wondering how The Supremes, yes stated with utter sarcasm, might react to the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is about the most un-Catholic past time I am able to currently contemplate.  I swear this is perverted as Fantasy Football and dorks brining elements of high finance into talk about sports.  It's due to these poor guys not understanding how to play ball that they have to talk about salary caps and pretend to be General Managers of top Sports Franchises. 

Girls go to drugstores for abortions these days and RU486 their kids.  They pop the pill, maybe chill with some marijuana, play video games and bleed voluntarily for about a day or so. 

Overturning Roe isn't going to do jack. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Prayerful

Quote from: Innocent Smith on October 31, 2020, 04:16:58 AM
What a victory this would be.  No more baby murdering after 4 months.

Be still my beating heart.

Wondering how The Supremes, yes stated with utter sarcasm, might react to the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is about the most un-Catholic past time I am able to currently contemplate.  I swear this is perverted as Fantasy Football and dorks brining elements of high finance into talk about sports.  It's due to these poor guys not understanding how to play ball that they have to talk about salary caps and pretend to be General Managers of top Sports Franchises. 

Girls go to drugstores for abortions these days and RU486 their kids.  They pop the pill, maybe chill with some marijuana, play video games and bleed voluntarily for about a day or so. 

Overturning Roe isn't going to do jack.

It would help, at least return the matter to the states, as something like that should be. It might rile those girls who post jokes about aborting their babies on TikTik. It's enough of a genre to make me have limited or  only very conditional sympathy for women who abort. It can be contraception after the fact, or they really hate the boyfriend the broke up with, so abort their child.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Xavier

Overturning Roe v Wade would be a huge first step toward ending and outlawing all abortion-killing, all pre-natal infanticide, in other words. It is not the end goal of a Personhood Amendment or a Life at Conception Act but it would be a defining victory. Abortion would be severely restricted in several states.

Update from CNA: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/supreme-court-delays-decision-on-mississippi-abortion-law-again-63761

"Pro-life advocates are hopeful the Supreme Court will review an abortion law in Mississippi, even though the court once again delayed its decision on whether to hear the case.

Lynn Fitch, the state's attorney general, has asked the court to review its law, which bans abortion after fifteen weeks of gestation and has been challenged by the Center for Reproductive Rights. The state's only abortion clinic offers abortions until the 16th week of a pregnancy.

Mississippi's previous governor, Phi Bryant (R) signed the ban into law in 2018, but it was subject to immediate legal appeal and blocked by a district court. In 2019, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found the law to be unconstitutional. Fifteen weeks is considered to be prior to fetal viability outside the womb.

The Supreme Court had been expected to announce whether it would heat the case on Friday.

The court was due to conference regarding the law on Nov. 13, but instead announced on Monday that it had again delayed a decision. This is the fifth time since September 22 that the conference has been rescheduled. No reason for the delay, or new date, was given.

Noah Brandt, communications director for Americans United for Life, told CNA that "While we can't know if the court will grant the petition, we do know that preborn children are just as human as the rest of us, and deserve the basic human rights granted to all Americans and enshrined in our cherished constitution."

If the Supreme Court takes the case, the court "has the chance to preserve the Constitutional rights of a group of Americans most susceptible to violence and harm," said Brandt.

"This case out of Mississippi would protect preborn children once they reach 15 weeks of age, a stage of development in which a baby has a strong heartbeat and all of the features we would recognize as intrinsically human," he said.

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

james03

QuoteWhat a victory this would be.  No more baby murdering after 4 months.

Yes.  A HUGE victory.  Pray that it may be so.

It would also confirm that the USA is the BEST COUNTRY EVAH.  Only modern country to repent and start returning to God.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"