When is the Principle movie going to be released?

Started by Sbyvl36, April 24, 2014, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Don't worry about Mark Shea.  The idiot just put about a million bucks in Sungenis's pocket.  I'm loving it.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.  What the idiot guaranteed is that this film just got a lot more famous, and a lot more people will go to see it.  Thanks Mark, we do appreciate it.

I watched the video above.  The fellow with Sungenis handles himself well.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Geremia

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2014, 06:00:22 PM
That episode of Mic'd Up was worth watching.  I don't know how Mark Shea can even attempt to excuse himself for acting so deviously.  His first reaction was to stir up atheists to come out against this film?  And he slithered around in the background just so he could cause this uproar.  What a class act.
I also didn't know the U.S. bishops convened a special meeting to vote on whether to retain or delete the dual-covenant heresy Sungenis identified in the USCCB's catechism. Apparently 14 bishops voted to retain it!

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Geremia on May 31, 2014, 12:17:50 AM
That episode of Mic'd Up was worth watching.  I don't know how Mark Shea can even attempt to excuse himself for acting so deviously.  His first reaction was to stir up atheists to come out against this film?  And he slithered around in the background just so he could cause this uproar.  What a class act.
I also didn't know the U.S. bishops convened a special meeting to vote on whether to retain or delete the dual-covenant heresy Sungenis identified in the USCCB's catechism. Apparently 14 bishops voted to retain it!
You mean 14 apostates?

Geremia

Quote from: VeraeFidei on June 01, 2014, 01:23:12 PMYou mean 14 apostates?
Yes, I suppose they would be, unless the voting was anonymous and thus they wouldn't've publicly proclaimed the heresy.

CNS actually ran a story:
Quote from: CNSBishops vote to revise U.S. catechism on Jewish covenant with God
By Nancy Frazier O'Brien
Catholic News Service

WASHINGTON (CNS) -- The U.S. bishops have voted to ask the Vatican to approve a small change in the U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults to clarify church teaching on God's covenant with the Jewish people.

The proposed change -- which would replace one sentence in the catechism -- was discussed by the bishops in executive session at their June meeting in Orlando, Fla., but did not receive the needed two-thirds majority of all members of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops at that time.

After mail balloting, the final vote of 231-14, with one abstention, was announced Aug. 5 in a letter to bishops from Msgr. David Malloy, USCCB general secretary.

The change, which must be confirmed by the Vatican Congregation for Clergy, would remove from the catechism a sentence that reads: "Thus the covenant that God made with the Jewish people through Moses remains eternally valid for them."

Replacing it would be this sentence: "To the Jewish people, whom God first chose to hear his word, 'belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ'" (Rom 9:4-5; cf. CCC, No. 839).

"Talking points" distributed to the bishops along with Msgr. Malloy's letter said the proposed revision "is not a change in the church's teaching."

"Catholics understand that all previous covenants that God made with the Jewish people have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ through the new covenant established through his sacrificial death on the cross," the talking points say.

"The prior version of the text," they continue, "might be understood to imply that one of the former covenants imparts salvation without the mediation of Christ, whom Christians believe to be the universal savior of all people."

Father James Massa, executive director of the USCCB Secretariat of Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs, told Catholic News Service Aug. 11 that he did not "anticipate any tensions in the relationship" between Catholics and Jews as long as the proposed change is properly understood as arising from a need to "remove ambiguity" in the catechism.

"The catechism is not the place where you work out difficult theological problems," he said. "That's what scholars are charged to do."

Father Massa said the status of the Jewish covenant has been "a very fertile area for theological investigation" in recent years, although church teaching has been clear on two related points:

The Jewish people "are in a real relationship with God based on a covenant that has never been revoked."
    "All covenants with Israel find fulfillment in Christ, who is the savior of all."

Father Massa added that the current wording in the catechism "was not flat-out wrong" but "was ambiguous and needed to be qualified." But because the catechism is an educational tool and not a theological textbook, the bishops decided not to expand that section to provide a fuller consideration of the issue, he said.

He also stressed the Catholic teaching that it is "never permissible to impose our faith on others."

Although some Jews as individuals may choose to become Christians, "it is also the church's understanding that the full incorporation of Israel into the saving covenant of Christ may be the fruit of the end times, may not happen until the end of history," Father Massa said.

In his letter to bishops, Msgr. Malloy said that if the Congregation for Clergy grants "recognitio," or approval, to the revised passage it will be incorporated into the next printing of the U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults.

"The next printing will not occur until the remaining volumes from the latest printing are exhausted," he added.

Adopted by the U.S. bishops in November 2004 and later approved by the Vatican, the 664-page adult catechism is the first official catechism produced by the nation's bishops since the creation of the Baltimore Catechism, first published in 1885 and revised in 1941.

In the first two weeks after its July 31, 2006, publication, it sold more than 25,000 copies, according to USCCB Publishing.

Therese Brown, associate director for marketing, sales and service at USCCB Publishing, said about 190,000 copies of the adult catechism had been sold to date. Another printing of 50,000 copies took place in May and those copies are expected to run out around the middle of next year, she said.

08/12/2008 11:33 AM ET
(source)

Sbyvl36

I don't have the time/energy/desire to watch the full thing.  Can someone who watched it please tell me when the release date is?  Also, is the movie going to be shown in theaters across the country or in just isolated areas?
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Maximilian

Great video. Thanks for posting it. I'm very happy to hear about all the publicity the movie is receiving. Sungenis and DeLano seem to be doing an excellent job dealing with the criticism they have received.

Geremia

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on June 01, 2014, 05:27:27 PMI don't have the time/energy/desire to watch the full thing.  Can someone who watched it please tell me when the release date is?  Also, is the movie going to be shown in theaters across the country or in just isolated areas?
It's debuting September 19, I think they said, and Rocky Mountain Pictures is distributing it. Rocky Mountain Pictures distributed Expelled and Obama 2016. Apparently Obama 2016 was initially a little-known film, but more and more theaters picked it up. Hopefully the same or better will occur for The Principle.

Geremia

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2014, 06:00:22 PMThat episode of Mic'd Up was worth watching.  I don't know how Mark Shea can even attempt to excuse himself for acting so deviously.  His first reaction was to stir up atheists to come out against this film?  And he slithered around in the background just so he could cause this uproar.  What a class act.
Shea has made an apology or welcome gesture, Deo gratias.

Aquila

There are a lot of problems with Sungenis' and DeLano's theories. This website has good information refuting their pseudo-scientific theories:

http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/

http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/geocentrism-and-science/
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.

Lynne

Quote from: Geremia on June 06, 2014, 07:03:52 PM
Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2014, 06:00:22 PMThat episode of Mic'd Up was worth watching.  I don't know how Mark Shea can even attempt to excuse himself for acting so deviously.  His first reaction was to stir up atheists to come out against this film?  And he slithered around in the background just so he could cause this uproar.  What a class act.
Shea has made an apology or welcome gesture, Deo gratias.

He always makes an 'apology' after he's been an a**.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Aquila on June 08, 2014, 11:31:06 AM
There are a lot of problems with Sungenis' and DeLano's theories. This website has good information refuting their pseudo-scientific theories:

Why don't you bullet point some of the main ones and we can get busy ?
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Aquila

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on June 09, 2014, 06:25:18 AM
Quote from: Aquila on June 08, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

Why don't you bullet point some of the main ones and we can get busy ?

Unlike most of you, I don't have countless hours to waste on internet forums. I work 60+ hours a week. You're the one who is trying to disprove what science has shown to be true; namely, that the earth orbits the sun, that smaller bodies orbit the lesser, and that little things like the laws of gravity actually exist. It is incumbent upon you to provide evidence to support your claims. If you actually care about learning the truth (unlike most of the geocentrists I've talked to) then you will read the ample material provided in the links that I posted. If you find something you don't understand, or disagree with, then I will certainly do my best to discuss it with you.

However, I'm not going to handhold your way through the material. Nor am I going to post some simplified bullet points for you to take down with strawman arguments or shallow reasoning. Calculus, mechanics, and physics are not political talking points. They require a good amount of intensive study and application to grasp, and much more to master. You can't simply dismiss it by hand-waving and making shallow, misleading statements, as both Sungenis and Delano have done repeatedly.
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.

Maximilian

Quote from: Aquila on June 09, 2014, 09:04:42 PM

Unlike most of you, I don't have countless hours to waste on internet forums.

Start off by insulting your correspondents. Always a tried-and-true debating tactic. What amounts of time it saves! Especially for those very busy geniuses who are always in such high demand that they never have a free moment. It's perfectly understandable why someone who has done such "intensive study" of science wouldn't have time for studying grammar lessons which might have informed him that the plural of "forum" is "fora." Let those lesser breeds who have "countless hours to waste" worry about such things.

I work 60+ hours a week.

Like the other losers, slackers and shirkers here on SD, I can only dream of employment like that. Please, Aquila, when you are able to spare a moment from your busy schedule -- one that must find time not only for 60+ (don't forget the plus!) hours of employment but also for that spare minute here and there spent demonstrating your intellectual superiority in comparison with the morons who should be prohibited by law from posting their idiocies on the internet -- start a thread to let us know what it is like to have a job. That way the rest of us who lack the stimulation and excitement of employment can live vicariously through you. It might not be much for us, but it's better than the bleak, jobless existence we experience currently.

You're the one who is trying to disprove what science has shown to be true;

Yes, Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins have conclusively proven that the movie "The Principle" will NOT open on September 19th, and any illiterate cretin from the 15th century who tries to say otherwise should be vigorously denounced for their uninformed audacity.

If you find something you don't understand, or disagree with, then I will certainly do my best to discuss it with you.

Your generosity calls to mind the compliment that Mr. Collins paid to Lady Catherine de Bourgh, "I have rarely in my life witnessed such behaviour in a person of rank -- such affability and condescension."

However, I'm not going to handhold your way through the material. Nor am I going to post some simplified bullet points for you to take down with strawman arguments or shallow reasoning. Calculus, mechanics, and physics are not political talking points. They require a good amount of intensive study and application to grasp, and much more to master. You can't simply dismiss it by hand-waving and making shallow, misleading statements, as both Sungenis and Delano have done repeatedly.

Yes, good advice -- Be firm! Grant those lesser minions even and inch, and soon they will take a mile. Keep them firmly in their place, beneath the educated like yourself, those who are so educated that it would be entirely superfluous for them to have any idea what is contained in a video they are denouncing. When someone has mastered BOTH calculus AND physics, they have earned the right to pronounce anathema on the ravings of others without being forced to waste time listening to those ravings first.

Aquila

Quote from: Maximilian on June 09, 2014, 10:49:14 PM

Unlike most of you, I don't have countless hours to waste on internet forums.

Start off by insulting your correspondents. Always a tried-and-true debating tactic. What amounts of time it saves! Especially for those very busy geniuses who are always in such high demand that they never have a free moment. It's perfectly understandable why someone who has done such "intensive study" of science wouldn't have time for studying grammar lessons which might have informed him that the plural of "forum" is "fora." Let those lesser breeds who have "countless hours to waste" worry about such things.

I work 60+ hours a week.

Like the other losers, slackers and shirkers here on SD, I can only dream of employment like that. Please, Aquila, when you are able to spare a moment from your busy schedule -- one that must find time not only for 60+ (don't forget the plus!) hours of employment but also for that spare minute here and there spent demonstrating your intellectual superiority in comparison with the morons who should be prohibited by law from posting their idiocies on the internet -- start a thread to let us know what it is like to have a job. That way the rest of us who lack the stimulation and excitement of employment can live vicariously through you. It might not be much for us, but it's better than the bleak, jobless existence we experience currently.

You're the one who is trying to disprove what science has shown to be true;

Yes, Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins have conclusively proven that the movie "The Principle" will NOT open on September 19th, and any illiterate cretin from the 15th century who tries to say otherwise should be vigorously denounced for their uninformed audacity.

If you find something you don't understand, or disagree with, then I will certainly do my best to discuss it with you.

Your generosity calls to mind the compliment that Mr. Collins paid to Lady Catherine de Bourgh, "I have rarely in my life witnessed such behaviour in a person of rank -- such affability and condescension."

Yes, good advice -- Be firm! Grant those lesser minions even and inch, and soon they will take a mile. Keep them firmly in their place, beneath the educated like yourself, those who are so educated that it would be entirely superfluous for them to have any idea what is contained in a video they are denouncing. When someone has mastered BOTH calculus AND physics, they have earned the right to pronounce anathema on the ravings of others without being forced to waste time listening to those ravings first.

Thanks for proving my point. Just try actually reading some other material on the subject instead of blindly following Sungenis, et al, just because they're counter-cultural and anti-establishment. You might learn something.

Also, my point was that those without a basic grasp of even the fundamentals of the natural sciences-i.e. Sungenis, DeLano-don't have any ability to say they can prove geocentrism. It would be like asking someone who doesn't know English to produce a sonnet. It's not that they are dumb, they simply don't have the intellectual tools to accomplish such a task.
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.