What's cooking?

Started by Ancilla Domini, September 24, 2013, 11:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on October 01, 2015, 08:51:15 PM
hotdogs tonight. i'm gonna have my first go at making thai style puffy pork rinds for later too...

big comp in november so it's my last week of slacking off and eating bad before heading into "camp" lol...

What do you mean, "big comp"?  And is the "camp" for a fight?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 02, 2015, 07:59:11 AM
hotdogs tonight. i'm gonna have my first go at making thai style puffy pork rinds for later too...

big comp in november so it's my last week of slacking off and eating bad before heading into "camp" lol...

travelling down to the south island for a pretty big Jiu Jitsu competition, gi and no-gi. yeah i'm joking about the "camp"; only the pros really do that, but i'll have to start eating clean and putting some hard mat time in over the next few weeks.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on October 02, 2015, 03:18:14 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 02, 2015, 07:59:11 AM

travelling down to the south island for a pretty big Jiu Jitsu competition, gi and no-gi. yeah i'm joking about the "camp"; only the pros really do that, but i'll have to start eating clean and putting some hard mat time in over the next few weeks.

Cool!  Be sure to let us know how it's going.  It sounds really interesting.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

verenaerin

Kielbasa and roasted potatoes

JubilateDeo

Swedish meatballs, spaetzle, brussels sprouts

dymphna17

Pulled pork sandwiches, sweet potatoe fries, cheesy broccoli caulifower and carrots.  I'll be having a tube put in to drain the cholesterol.   :lol:

Crap!  I just realized it's Friday.  It's been one heck of a week.  If I had brains I'd be dangerous right now.   :-[
?

moneil

For tomorrow's (Wednesday) lunch;  made from scratch Mac & Cheese, made from Cougar Gold cheese.  https://creamery.wsu.edu/cougar-cheese/

Bernadette

Leftovers from yesterday's pseudo-Thanksgiving dinner. My aunt's heart suddenly became set on cooking after all. So: dressing, candied yams, sherried carrots, deviled eggs, pumpkin pie, and a little baby prime rib roast. All of which make wonderful leftovers.
My Lord and my God.

piabee

Pies, two, pumpkin. Yesterday, cheesecake, pumpkin swirl.

dymphna17

Too Much Food!!!!!!  Bleh
?

Parresia

Making a stock today from the turkey carcass, the wings and neck, and some of the other giblets.  The stock will be used down the road for soups, stews, gravy, etc. 

verenaerin

Quote from: Parresia on November 27, 2015, 09:45:27 AM
Making a stock today from the turkey carcass, the wings and neck, and some of the other giblets.  The stock will be used down the road for soups, stews, gravy, etc.

We did the same thing.

Penelope

Quote from: verenaerin on November 27, 2015, 01:20:08 PM

We did the same thing.

My husband is in the process of doing this, too. The stock is finished and strained and now he's going to turn it into soup, which we will bring to my parents' house tonight to eat with the rest of the leftovers. He did it on a whim the first Thanksgiving we were married because my dad was about to throw away the carcass and he didn't want to see it go to waste. It's turning into an annual tradition.

Parresia

Quote from: Penelope on November 27, 2015, 01:48:42 PM
Quote from: verenaerin on November 27, 2015, 01:20:08 PM

We did the same thing.

My husband is in the process of doing this, too. The stock is finished and strained and now he's going to turn it into soup, which we will bring to my parents' house tonight to eat with the rest of the leftovers. He did it on a whim the first Thanksgiving we were married because my dad was about to throw away the carcass and he didn't want to see it go to waste. It's turning into an annual tradition.

It's definitely the way to go.  I don't even bother trying to eat the wings on the turkey, I just cut them off and save it for the stock.  I do the same with the ham bone after Christmas dinner, and the combination of the two stocks becomes my base for gumbo or sauce piquant the next Fall.  I also used some of the stock I made this afternoon to make a bit more gravy for our leftover potatoes and turkey. 

maryslittlegarden

Tomato soup and a egg salad sandwich
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace