Novena Prayer to St Dominic [30 July - 7 Aug]

Started by Kaesekopf, July 30, 2015, 10:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

A day behind, but oh well.

NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. DOMINIC
To be said daily from the 30th of July to 7th of August with the Prayer of the Faithful
O Holy Priest of God and glorious Patriarch, St. Dominic, you who are the friend, the well-beloved son and confidant of the Queen of Heaven, and who did work so many miracles by the power of the Holy Rosary, have regard for my intercessions. On earth you opened your heart to the miseries of your fellow man, and your hands were strong to help them; now in heaven your charity has not grown less nor has your power waned.Pray for me to the Mother of the Rosary and to her divine Son, for I have great confidence that through your assistance I shall obtain the favor I so much desire: (mention your intentions)Pray for us, Blessed Father, St. Dominic,That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

You should have used his traditional feast day.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bonaventure on July 30, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
You should have used his traditional feast day.

Ah, I copypasta'd from the OP Facebook page.  :lol:

His traditional feast day is Aug 4.  My bad. 

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Gardener

Could still say an Irish novena... takes like 5 minutes.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MundaCorMeum

I missed the novena, but Happy Feast day, nonetheless......St. Dominic, pray for us!   

Jayne

I was really struck by these words from today's Epistle reading.

QuotePreach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine. For there shall be a time when they will not endure sound doctrine but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables.

It made me think that I should be asking intercession from St. Dominic more often since there is so much heresy in our time.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

The Dominican Order celebrates its 800th Anniversary next year.

Also, for the feast day of St Dominic:
Quote from: Super psalmos antiphon to the Laudate psalms at First VespersO happy parent, Spain, rejoice in giving to the world the joy of new offspring!  But, rejoice still more, Bologna, because you are favored with the glory of so great a father.  O universal Mother Church, sing in praise as you celebrate the festival of this new source of fame!

From Breviarium SOP

LausTibiChriste

Dominicans are pretty solid, won't lie.

Never had any interaction with them personally, until I moved to Poland, but they are as fantastic
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Miriam_M

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 04, 2015, 12:55:48 PM

Never had any interaction with them personally, until I moved to Poland, but they are as fantastic

Indeed they are.  Reliable, good preachers, and fabulous in the confessional.  (In my experience.)  They continue their commitment to the study of traditional Catholic philosophy as a priority in the training of seminarians, which definitely helps keep them solid.  They're less likely to wander off the reservation than some other orders of men or diocesan clergy.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 04, 2015, 01:18:41 PM

Indeed they are.  Reliable, good preachers, and fabulous in the confessional.  (In my experience.)  They continue their commitment to the study of traditional Catholic philosophy as a priority in the training of seminarians, which definitely helps keep them solid.  They're less likely to wander off the reservation than some other orders of men or diocesan clergy.

Rorate just had a post saying that the FSSP apparently sends their students to the Dominican House of Studies (in the Eastern Province) for higher degrees.

And, I've had the same experience with OPs in the confessional - most are solid and Marian-devoted, too. 

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 04, 2015, 01:25:34 PM

Rorate just had a post saying that the FSSP apparently sends their students to the Dominican House of Studies (in the Eastern Province) for higher degrees.

And, I've had the same experience with OPs in the confessional - most are solid and Marian-devoted, too.
is that the same as the st joseph province
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 04, 2015, 01:55:10 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 04, 2015, 01:25:34 PM

is that the same as the st joseph province

Ya