Catholic smartphone apps

Started by Kaesekopf, December 27, 2012, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth

How would one go about getting iPieta?  Is it expensive?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Elizabeth on July 12, 2015, 04:34:58 PM
How would one go about getting iPieta?  Is it expensive?

You have to purchase it from Apple's App Store.  When I purchased it a few years ago, it was around 4 bucks.

Elizabeth

Thank you, MundaCorMeum.  I was thinking it would be $20 per month or so--have never purchased an app before.

Gardener

Quote from: Elizabeth on July 12, 2015, 10:33:09 PM
Thank you, MundaCorMeum.  I was thinking it would be $20 per month or so--have never purchased an app before.

Nope; once you buy an app, it's yours until or unless it won't function on an upgraded OS. I have apps from 5 years ago that still work, so shouldn't be a problem. What would be a problem is if you went back in OS and an app was written for at least a later version.

Also, you always own the app, even if you delete it from your phone -- it stays in your app store account.

Some apps do have in-app purchases available, but generally they are free apps and the money is made on the in-app purchase. iPieta is not one of those.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Gardener on July 12, 2015, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: Elizabeth on July 12, 2015, 10:33:09 PM

Nope; once you buy an app, it's yours until or unless it won't function on an upgraded OS. I have apps from 5 years ago that still work, so shouldn't be a problem. What would be a problem is if you went back in OS and an app was written for at least a later version.

Also, you always own the app, even if you delete it from your phone -- it stays in your app store account.

Some apps do have in-app purchases available, but generally they are free apps and the money is made on the in-app purchase. iPieta is not one of those.

Right.  Once you purchase it, you have access to everything in the app.  It has a ton of stuff in there, too.  I just looked it up in the App Store, and they have Spanish and French versions for $0.99.  It doesn't show the price of the English version, since I own it, but maybe the cost has gone down? 

Bernadette

Looks like it's only $.99 now. I can't remember how much it was when I bought it, back in iOS 5.somehting. Maybe $1.99? The current version requires iOS 7.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

It's $0.99 on Android - needless to say I just bought it  8)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MundaCorMeum

Needless to say, I overpaid  :-\

jovan66102

Two things. I'm finding iPieta absolutely worthless. Every time I click on something, it takes me back to the 'install' page! And does anyone know of an Android app for the Trad Calendar? I seem to have somehow gotten the NO Calendar from Universalis into my calendar.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Kaesekopf

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 09:32:22 PM
Two things. I'm finding iPieta absolutely worthless. Every time I click on something, it takes me back to the 'install' page! And does anyone know of an Android app for the Trad Calendar? I seem to have somehow gotten the NO Calendar from Universalis into my calendar.

I use aquinas138's calendar and just import it into my Google calendar as its own standalone calendar I can enable/disable.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=5ilcf7l4396t18h2n6g6farj4s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

jovan66102

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Prayerful

No more apps for me for the moment, thank you stupid 16 gig phone. iMass or whatever it's called remains pretty good, if a mite unstable.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 19, 2015, 09:41:34 PM
Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 09:32:22 PM

I use aquinas138's calendar and just import it into my Google calendar as its own standalone calendar I can enable/disable.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=5ilcf7l4396t18h2n6g6farj4s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
Hmm... that was easy.  :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Prayerful

iMass now seems stable enough on my Xiaomi Note 3. The streaming links can be a bit unstable really. There might be fancier apps, but it works fine. Now using a phone as a missal will look more like a bored man messing with his phone, but this app seems a good reference, seems, I don't know for a fact.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Prayerful

Quote from: Prayerful on January 01, 2016, 08:36:05 AM
iMass now seems stable enough on my Xiaomi Note 3. The streaming links can be a bit unstable really. There might be fancier apps, but it works fine. Now using a phone as a missal will look more like a bored man messing with his phone, but this app seems a good reference, seems, I don't know for a fact.

Mass for the day which my St Andrew's missal doesn't as it's for 1950 or so, and the 1961 Roman Missal seems to see how much it can scatter everything throughout the missal. Still it might look odd looking at a phone at Mass. Am I bored? It will look so.