What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making a pineapple-glazed ham with sweet potatoes and green beans.

Lynne

roasted veggies and kielbasa  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Fleur-de-Lys

Chicken couscous - an old favorite I hadn't made in a long time

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

MundaCorMeum

We had a late reception after Mass today, so for dinner we just did chip and dip night.  I had some leftover spinach dip from reception, then made salsa and guacamole.

awkwardcustomer

Spinach, sweet potatoes and beans are high oxalate foods.

Oxalates are toxic.

https://www.kevinstock.io/health/health-dangers-of-oxalates/
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

awkwardcustomer

https://www.kevinstock.io/health/health-dangers-of-a-plant-based-diet/

Yes, I know.  The idea that a diet high in plant foods can damage human health flies in the face of everything we're told.

But so does the idea that God created the Earth in six days and rested on the seventh.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on August 31, 2020, 04:20:07 AM

Yes, I know.  The idea that a diet high in plant foods can damage human health flies in the face of everything we're told.

But so does the idea that God created the Earth in six days and rested on the seventh.

You're seriously comparing the truth value of the musings of "Dr. Kevin Stock," founder and CEO of Muscle Science and a zealot of carnivore diet, to the scriptural account of creation?

You know that the original diet of human beings was vegetarian according to Genesis, right?

Then God said, Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of the earth, and every tree yielding seed: it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to everything that moves on the earth that has life, I have given every green plant for food: and it was so. (Gen. 1:29-30)

Apparently, God was not aware of the dangers of oxalates.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

MundaCorMeum

I guess it's not a good time to say it's Monday, so red beans and rice for dinner (all you lucky children, come and eat 'em up).

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 31, 2020, 09:11:26 AM
I guess it's not a good time to say it's Monday, so red beans and rice for dinner (all you lucky children, come and eat 'em up).

It's always a good time for red beans and rice!

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making fried chicken with biscuits and cole slaw.

Greg

Indian at the Raja of Kent.

https://www.therajaofkent.com/

The last day of the government sponsored half price meal deal.

(UK government pay for half of your meal in all eat-in restaurants).

Myself and my wife taking out the head of the local Latin Mass Society who is a direct descendant of Henry VII.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 31, 2020, 08:24:31 AM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on August 31, 2020, 04:20:07 AM

You're seriously comparing the truth value of the musings of "Dr. Kevin Stock," founder and CEO of Muscle Science and a zealot of carnivore diet, to the scriptural account of creation?

You know that the original diet of human beings was vegetarian according to Genesis, right?

Then God said, Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of the earth, and every tree yielding seed: it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to everything that moves on the earth that has life, I have given every green plant for food: and it was so. (Gen. 1:29-30)

Apparently, God was not aware of the dangers of oxalates.

Oh no, I forgot about Genesis .....  It must have slipped my mind ...

Cain and Abel?

Lynne

I'm cooking meatloaf (from Wegman's). 8)

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Fleur-de-Lys

Lasagna with garlic bread and a salad