16th person to post wins!

Started by Habitual_Ritual, August 15, 2014, 08:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 14, 2017, 08:39:23 AM
I have permission from the OP to publish here a clarification he sent me via private message:

Quote from: Habitual_RitualTechnically and practically it does seem I was the first to post.

That makes Martin number ten.  Subsequent posters should be counted from there.  Tomorrow will mark the third anniversary of the creation of this thread.
I didn't even notice that this thread is 3 years old.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Clare

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 14, 2017, 07:38:03 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on August 13, 2017, 09:58:04 PM
Why 16th?

Possibly the OP is a "B16er"—a subscriber to the conspiracy theory that Benedict XVI is still the pope despite his claims of retirement, and Francis is an antipope.  Or maybe he is a fan of Johnny Burnette's song "You're Sixteen" (or the Ringo Starr version).  Or "16 Candles" by The Crests, or the Molly Ringwald movie of the same name, Sixteen Candles.  But doubtless there is a greater numerology to sixteen than any of that.

Whatever the case, you are either the ninth or the tenth person to post in this thread.  I think I'll send a PM to Habitual_Ritual for a clarification on whether he, the OP, counts as one of the sixteen persons to post.
I think it's because there are 15 posts per page, so the 16th post would have started the second page.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Daniel

Let's see...

16 = 24
   = 1*2*2*2*2
   = (((1<<1)<<1)<<1)<<1

In binary we'd write it as ten thousand, yet in hexadecimal it's only ten.

But in the Shakespeare Programming Language, sixteen is defined as a nice warm sunny blue sky, or perhaps the difference between nothing and my disgusting slimy greasy fat pig.

There are also sixteen tablespoons in a cup, and sixteen fluid ounces in a pint.

And if you add up the numbers one through sixteen, you get 136, which is the sixteenth triangular number.

sixteen = six + ten
Therefore, ((((s==0)&&(t==0))||((s==0)&&(e==0))||((s==0)&&(n==0))||((i==0)&&(t==0))||((i==0)&&(e==0))||((i==0)&&(n==0))||((x==0)&&(t==0))||((x==0)&&(e==0))||((x==0)&&(n==0)))^^((s!=0)&&(i!=0)&&(x!=0)&&(t!=0)&&(e!=0)&&(n!=0)))
and
if ((s==i)&&(s==x)&&(s==t)&&(s==e)&&(s==n)) then ((s!=1)&&(i!=1)&&(x!=1)&&(t!=1)&&(e!=1)&&(n!=1))

16, when a is 2 and b is 4, is one of those instances in which ab equals ba

Daniel

16 = E + 2
   = E + 2
   = F + 1
   = F + 1
   = 0 + 10
   = C + 4

? C0FFEE + 501122 = 1111111 - 1

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.