Fr. Michael Rodríguez is no longer the Administrator of Sacred Heart Mission

Started by m.PR, November 11, 2014, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaramieHirsch

Quote from: m.PR on November 11, 2014, 03:10:25 PM
As of yesterday, November 10, 2014, Fr. Michael Rodríguez, is no longer the Administrator of Sacred Heart Mission in Shafter, TX.  He has been given a six-month sabbatical in order to discern God's Will for the future.

Well, that's terrible.
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

trentcath

Quote from: Gardener on November 12, 2014, 01:48:18 PM

When on construction sites, I often played his sermons in Spanish on the ipod/speaker system so the workers would hear something other than the Spanish-language version of trashy "music".

And how, may I ask, did that go down?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Compline45 on November 26, 2014, 07:36:58 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 15, 2014, 10:03:26 AM
So where does he live? Where does he go?
Sounds like he ought to join FSSP?

How would that solve his problem?  They got jerked around early on to let them know who ran the show. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 26, 2014, 09:58:36 PM
Quote from: Compline45 on November 26, 2014, 07:36:58 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 15, 2014, 10:03:26 AM
So where does he live? Where does he go?
Sounds like he ought to join FSSP?

How would that solve his problem?  They got jerked around early on to let them know who ran the show.

Well, for starters, the could then assign him to El Paso.  :rofl:
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

Quote from: trentcath on November 26, 2014, 04:41:22 PM

When on construction sites, I often played his sermons in Spanish on the ipod/speaker system so the workers would hear something other than the Spanish-language version of trashy "music".

Muy bien.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

trentcath

Quote from: Gardener on November 27, 2014, 02:00:57 AM
Quote from: trentcath on November 26, 2014, 04:41:22 PM

Muy bien.

Hmmm not sure whether to take you seriously or not ha, still I suppose the music really is quite bad...