This should be brought to your attention.

Started by LoverOfTradition, October 26, 2013, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoverOfTradition

Not good.

While this was going on inside St. Peter's today:

This carnival with the Pope was going on outside in St. Peter's square:

How do you explain that?
"I have never changed. I have preached and done what the Church has always taught. I have never changed what the Church said in the Council of Trent and at the First Vatican Council. So who has changed? It is the enemy, as Pope St. Pius X said, the enemy who is working within the Church because he wants the Church to be finished with her tradition." (Archbishop Lefebvre, Homily, Venice, April 7, 1980)

Ancilla Domini

Do you speak Italian, Lover of Tradition? I'll admit I didn't watch the entire 4-hour video, but this appears to be a rally in support of the traditional family. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. But I'm not seeing the problem here.

RobertJS

Quote from: LoverOfTradition on October 26, 2013, 03:03:20 PM
Not good.

While this was going on inside St. Peter's today:

This carnival with the Pope was going on outside in St. Peter's square:

How do you explain that?

You have to face the fact that the Communists hijacked the Vatican in the mid-sixties, and the ruse is continuing, on and on.

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

LoverOfTradition

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on October 26, 2013, 03:22:18 PM
Do you speak Italian, Lover of Tradition? I'll admit I didn't watch the entire 4-hour video, but this appears to be a rally in support of the traditional family. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. But I'm not seeing the problem here.

No, I don't speak Italian. From appearances, they probably should have done better than that, don't you think?

To me, it's like he's making a statement. On the same day, there's a Latin Mass going on in St. Peter's. Just sayin'.
"I have never changed. I have preached and done what the Church has always taught. I have never changed what the Church said in the Council of Trent and at the First Vatican Council. So who has changed? It is the enemy, as Pope St. Pius X said, the enemy who is working within the Church because he wants the Church to be finished with her tradition." (Archbishop Lefebvre, Homily, Venice, April 7, 1980)

Larry

JPII and Benedict would have sent some kind of greeting to the TLM pilgrims. I wonder if Francis did this today?
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

RobertJS

Quote from: LoverOfTradition on October 26, 2013, 03:57:40 PM

No, I don't speak Italian. From appearances, they probably should have done better than that, don't you think?

To me, it's like he's making a statement. On the same day, there's a Latin Mass going on in St. Peter's. Just sayin'.

The communists from the Vatican have been doing a lot of "just sayins" since Vatican II....including the heretical statement of "Paul VI" about the "auto-demolition of the Church"....just sayin?

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: LoverOfTradition on October 26, 2013, 03:57:40 PMNo, I don't speak Italian. From appearances, they probably should have done better than that, don't you think?

I'm sure we'd all like to see the pope offer the TLM or at least lend his support. But I can't find fault with him for attending a rally in support of the traditional family. As for the tone of that event, maybe they could have done better, but it wasn't a mass - at least I didn't see one offered - just an informal gathering focused on children. In that context, I don't think balloons are inappropriate.  :) 

mikemac

Well the fact that Castrillón Cardinal Hoyos the former Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy and president emeritus of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei said the Latin Mass at Saint Peter's says something, don't you think?

I scanned through the video of the Pope's meeting with families.  There seemed to be a predominance of mothers with their children.  In a round about way Pope Francis could be showing the true role for women in the Church.  You know, as mothers.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

devoutchristian

Quote from: RobertJS on October 26, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

The communists from the Vatican have been doing a lot of "just sayins" since Vatican II....including the heretical statement of "Paul VI" about the "auto-demolition of the Church"....just sayin?

The Vatican is not Communist.
Modernism! Modernism! All is modernism (even if its not)!

"For Catholics, nothing will remove the authority of the Second Council of Nicaea, where it condemns those who dare, after the impious fashion of heretics to deride ecclesiastical traditions, ... or to endeavor by malice or craft to overthrow any one of the legitimate traditions of the Catholic Church. " --Pope St. Pius X (1903-1914), Encyclical Letter Pascendi Dominici Gregis, September 8, 1907

An excerpt from the works of Martin Luther:

"bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep"

Quote from: the Council of TrentCANON VII.--If any one saith, that the ceremonies, vestments, and outward signs, which the Catholic Church makes use of in the celebration of masses, are incentives to impiety, rather than offices of piety; let him be anathema.

LoverOfTradition

Quote from: RobertJS on October 26, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

I know the Church is in auto-demolition. That's the problem.

LouisIX

You'll have to watch parts of the video to see the problem.  Content is only one part of an event.  Presentation is important too, especially when the content is sacred truth.

The balloons as a backdrop to a bunch of kids swaying to "We Are the World" is just one problem that you didn't see.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

LoverOfTradition

And is he teaching these families solid, Catholic doctrine? No. Just a bunch of sentimental nonsense. The real deal is going on inside. The children should be exposed to that, not a balloon part, circus acts with shirtless men, protestant songs, and God knows what else.

To me, he's trying to make a statement. We already know he doesn't like traditionalists. It's not like they didn't know this Meeting of Families would be going on at the same time as the Summorem Pontificum pilgrimage.

The family, the world and the Church are falling apart. What's the answer? A balloon party at St. Peter's Basilica? For Heaven't sake, this reminds me of the 70s (even though it had nothing to do with liturgy). 

Pray for the Pope is all I can say.