"Spooky Action at a Distance" - Quantum Entanglement

Started by martin88nyc, May 21, 2020, 10:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Is this quantum physics thing a real phenomenon and legitimate? I recently purchased a device called spooky2. It's an affordable Rife machine which delivers low electrical energy through your hands or feet at different frequencies. I know it works as I have used a zapper before with good results. But there is one mode called remote which utilizes quantum entanglement. this one worries me because I am not sure it this is safe spiritually speaking. The instructions tell you to place your nails or skin into a small box that is attached to the main generator and then it works remotely on your body without the need to be physically present and hooked to the main device. Sound outlandish and really "spooky" but maybe it really works. People get good results butI am still not sure if this is in accordance with science and God.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/carlgregg/2018/06/spooky-action-at-a-distance/

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/04/einstein-s-spooky-action-distance-spotted-objects-almost-big-enough-see

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

cgraye

Yes, it's quite a basic aspect of modern physics.  But as easy as it is to describe in the mathematical abstractions and see the consequences of in the lab, no one quite understands what it means in real-world terms.  What actual aspects of real things is this idea capturing?  No one really knows.

martin88nyc

Quote from: cgraye on May 21, 2020, 02:20:31 PM
Yes, it's quite a basic aspect of modern physics.  But as easy as it is to describe in the mathematical abstractions and see the consequences of in the lab, no one quite understands what it means in real-world terms.  What actual aspects of real things is this idea capturing?  No one really knows.
the reason I asked is because I have a rife device and it has a remote accessory. you put you nails or skin into a small box connected to the main device and it works on you body remotely. I am a little unsure and worried if this isn't some kind of cosmic energy crap from the new age crowd. I still research and ask questions.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

cgraye

That's sounds pretty weird.  The principles of quantum mechanics are standard physics, but because they are so abstract and difficult to understand, they tend to be abused by appealing to them to explain the workings of inventions or ideas that don't actually do anything or make sense.  I don't know anything about your device, but just because the phenomenon of quantum entanglement is legitimate doesn't mean that a device someone claims works by quantum entanglement actually works.  Like I said, I don't know anything about your specific device, so take that for what it's worth.

james03

This doesn't sound like quantum entanglement.  Sounds like new age stuff, so I'd avoid.

There's something cool about quantum entanglement, which I read about recently.  If I entangle 2 particles and separate them, if i observe the state of 1 particle, then it is physically impossible to affect the separated particle.  And yet you do.  Someone made what I consider a brilliant observation.  Suppose you AREN'T entangling them physically.  Suppose instead you are entangling the information about them?  So now you have Quantum Information Theory, which almost has a Catholic savor to it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

martin88nyc

Quote from: james03 on May 23, 2020, 12:04:37 AM
This doesn't sound like quantum entanglement.  Sounds like new age stuff, so I'd avoid.

There's something cool about quantum entanglement, which I read about recently.  If I entangle 2 particles and separate them, if i observe the state of 1 particle, then it is physically impossible to affect the separated particle.  And yet you do.  Someone made what I consider a brilliant observation.  Suppose you AREN'T entangling them physically.  Suppose instead you are entangling the information about them?  So now you have Quantum Information Theory, which almost has a Catholic savor to it.
Would you mind looking at their website or a video that explain it and then let me know if it is indeed new age?

John Lamb

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

james03

QuoteWould you mind looking at their website or a video that explain it and then let me know if it is indeed new age?

First, the answer to your question.  The guy in the video is legit.  But observe closely.  He's from Delf University working on bleeding edge tech.  And he presents what is probably on the leading edge.  And what that is is micro dots spaced a centimeter apart, which appear to be quite fragile.  He wears a glove when handling it just to keep minute skin oil off the apparatus.  And the effects on the dots will be extremely tiny requiring sensitive equipment to measure (though this is actually a huge breakthrough).  Also note that that box he holds is probably worth over $1 Million.

So you claim to have a machine that works on fingers and toes using the same tech.  It's a scam or New Age.  I'd ditch it.

I'd like to add that he also mentions he's in Quantum Information Theory.  That is very promising.  I think that science has to make a shift back to classical philosophy when it comes to Quantum, in particular realizing that information is just the Form.  Actually I'd say a Form is a subset of information.

Once science starts THINKING about reality in the right way, we will end up with incredible breakthroughs.  Quantum Information is the next technological age.  Again, going off the video, when you entangle the white dot with the red dot, it is physically impossible to fix the color on the distant dot.  So that doesn't happen.  However if you entangle the INFORMATION, then it just falls out.  You change the information about the red dot, and due to information entanglement, the other dot is white.  Like I said, there is the savor of Catholic philosophy in this.  Science is rushing towards God.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"